BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:48:28 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Geez that 21 year old kid sounds alot like somebody I knew.  About a year ago that kid was me.  Thank you for arming the sheep SteyrAug,  because 80% of them will never learn how to shoot that weapon nor will they care for it properly so when the hysteria dies down there are gonna be a whole lot of liberals sellings handguns and shotguns for dirt cheap.

I would also like to take this opportunity to thank Sig for being a MAN, BABY! and dumping his anti-gun lib girlfriend after she told him to stop carrying his piece.  That took guts, Nich - you da man!

PS - PIE!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 1:59:31 PM EDT
[#2]
I drove over to the next town to pick up some primers my range doesn't carry and they were covered up. I had to park in back with the employees vehicles. I wondered if there was any panic buying so I meandered around and browsed while checking the customers out. Acutally only dove hunters and normal traffic. guy buying a scope, another checking out a black powder rifle, etc. So I picked up my primers and drove home, stopping off at the range for some American Select. I try and get as much as I can from them. Maybe a buck higher on a jug of powder.
They have a paintball area and a great lunch counter and that is keeping them in the black. the gal who runs the counter says their food business is steady, but a lot of people can't leave a tip, or as big a one as they usually do. Gas prices are really hurting them.
If you have a good range and can get there, they can probably use the business.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:04:12 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Yup, that's what you get from someone who's educated by thier TV set.

Good guns cost big $$ in the real world.

Well, they do for the gun-ignorant, anyway - Just don't go mentioning C&R licenses to them!
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 2:15:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Before I was 16 I just wanted guns because they were cool. Then some psychotic bitch and her husband tried killing me in a fit of road rage (they thought I'd tapped the bumped of their SUV with the fender of my little ricer in a parking lot. I hadn't.) and I swore that the moment I could I'd be carrying a handgun.

Now I've just under four months to go before the fucking law says I can legally carry that gun to defend myself. The closer I get to finally buying a handgun and CCW the more pissed I get that I've had to wait this fricking long to do so.

Then the World Trade Center and Pentagon attacks just confirmed for me that I needed a gun for defense.

A friend referred me to ARFCOM and I got much more informed/involved in survival and firearms. I got my first EBR less than a month ago and a couple hundred rounds for it, and thanks to pighelmet I now have an AWESOME pack I plan on using as a BoB.

Then New Orleans got cluster-fucked and convinced me that I've been right all this time: people are idiots/assholes and I'd darn well better be prepared to fend for myself for long periods of time.

I've been getting a friend of mine from California slowly hooked on guns and better educated about them. We turn 21 a month apart, so we're going to go get our first handguns, CZ-52's, together. Or, more accurately, since he's a Texan resident now (voter registered and everything) he wants me to buy his pistol for him when I get mine, give it to him as a birthday gift when he turns 21, and we go shooting together. (that IS legal, right?)

New Orleans has finally convinced him that he needs an EBR and stockpile of ammo. In terms of camping and BoB gear, he's better equipped than I am. He even gets MRE's for free from some backpacking friends of his and said he'd hook me up with some the next time they got together.

I'm lucky if people stop fucking with my things while I'm at home, much less at college. I can't find ANY of my canteens, my portable cooking set, either of my AR-15/M-16 magazines (for which I don't own a gun), or any of my other camping crap because everyone in my family is obsessed with finding everything I own, no matter how well hidden or secured, and losing, breaking, or throwing it away. Probably the only reason nobody will screw with my WASR-10, magazines, ammo, etc. is because it's locked up in the safe with the other guns and the only other person who can open the safe can't get to it easily.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 3:41:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I'd tell the assholes to leave.  Say, "I want arm liberals.", all smug-like.
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 5:16:52 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Also having a LOT of fun with these guys.
I'm showing every one of them the MP5 and explaining all it's merits. They are instantly interested until I explain the sticker price of about $16,000 and the NFA process.
When they get their jaw off the floor and ask how that could be, I with a straight face reply ....... "gun control."

You are EVIL.

Kharn
Link Posted: 9/3/2005 7:04:17 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I'd tell the assholes to leave.  Say, "I want arm liberals.", all smug-like.

[Frankenstein,Tarzan&Tonto]I want arm liberals.[/Frankenstein,Tarzan&Tonto]

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top