Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:46:13 AM EDT
[#1]
It sucks, but it's for the better.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:48:13 AM EDT
[#2]
Well, sorry to hear, but go get dim other fishies in da sea.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 12:48:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Up late.
No  job.

No that's not right. This sux.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:06:27 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
4xys2xxs:

1,901 words and counting.  And I'm still doing the background info!

Busy night tonight.

Good for you!

You write well
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:07:59 AM EDT
[#5]
I should really pull the word document out and start writing my Zombie book again.....Hmmmmmmmm. Not like I dont have time to kill at work.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:09:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I should really pull the word document out and start writing my Zombie book again.....Hmmmmmmmm. Not like I dont have time to kill at work.

You SHOULD!!

I'll sponser the "arfcom membership" story contest

That would be fun!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:12:09 AM EDT
[#7]
I only have like 2 pages done.   Just the basis of it up till the "S" hits the fan, then I just stopped.  

I posted some of it here, and since I can now search, lemme see if i can find it.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:14:57 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
4xys2xxs:

Busy night tonight.

Good for you!

You write well

Thanks.

And what's a good name for Anna's husband?
I got Anna from Tuco's line, "Any name is as good as another."
From any to Anna.
What should I call him?

Oh, yeah, I almost forgot.
Are you going to post the stories in the Womans Forum or not?
The way I'm going it might take up the word limit for a Standard Post!
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:15:02 AM EDT
[#9]
FOUND IT!!!

And here is what i have so far... This is rough so dont worry about grammer or spelling.....Just seeing if its worth a damn...This is the very start. Im hoping to have many, many pages.

Zombie Nation

I grew up along with most everyone else watching zombie movies and reading novels and what not on the internet. And I must say, that I’m fascinated by the whole thing. I mean come on, the dead coming back to life and the world is one large shooting range?? What gun loving individual wouldn’t love moving targets and splattering brains everywhere? But that’s aside the point. As a kid growing up I had always wondered what it would be like to love in a world where the dead are coming back to life. I have a very good imagination and the scenario has crossed through my mind on more than a million occasions. What I would do, where I would go and what I would have in my arsenal to splat some un-dead.

All of that “thinking” and “imagination” changed about 2 years ago. And like any other story, I remember it like it was yesterday. I was taking a well deserved 2 week vacation from work to do nothing but relax and be lazy. Did nothing but watch TV and movies and play video games online. Joint Operations was a rather kick ass video game by the way.

For a few days I had been hearing about “break out’s” and “plagues” and what not from locations around the world, but didn’t think much of it, as the “world” in general had been getting bitch slapped. We had Tsunami’s in India, mud slides in California and who knows what else going on that didn’t make it to the 6 o’clock news.

A few days into my so called vacation the break out’s and plague news broadcast’s didn’t let up any. So here and there it perked my interest when there was nothing else to do. Come to find out some things that were “thought” to be dead, were in fact not. But not really alive either. It wasn’t wide spread and no one could figure out what the hell was going on. And with the child hood I had and the fascination with the “un-dead”, I set about programming my Tivo to record anything that had to do with this so I wouldn’t miss anything. Over a few days I was starting see more of a pattern and thought to myself “this is getting out of hand FAST!!” On that Friday morning, the news was all about this and was basically telling everyone to stay indoors and only go out if they absolutely have to. And if they must go out, keep contact with other people to a bare minimum.

And well, as everyone knows about my past, I took off to town to go hit up the Wal-Marts, hardware stores and local gun shops to umm “stock-up” on some things just in case of course. This was almost the stupidest thing today as everyone else had the same idea. But I was proficient in those automated cash registers. So I was able to get what I needed and get out without to much of a hassle. Got the cabinets full of non-perishable foods, water and other essential items. Hit up Home Depot for some materials just incase I needed to umm, block some doors and windows from looters. Yeah that’s it. Looters.

And since I have been looking for a good excuse for some more guns, I stopped by my local gun shop and had a little talking with Rick and Jeff there. I have been dealing with them for a few years now. Got my shotgun and pistol from them, and they have always had a no BS attitude and enjoy what they do. We talk for some time about the whole situation going on around the world and we all agreed the outcome might not be pretty.

So with all that going on, I popped the cash down for some more guns. I have been wanting one of those cool “black gun’s” so I opted for a new Rock River M4 with some good accessories. And of course enough ammo and mag’s to rock some un-dead ass. I also noticed that one more S&W SW99 in the .40 flavor just like my current pistol. So what do I do? Get it of course so I can get jiggy with it Lara Croft style. Also decided to get some SHTF gear while I was there as well. Some bags, holsters and they even had a rather slick Tactical Tailor vest that actually fit, so I said what the hell. So feeling I was prepared for what might lay ahead we all made a plan to have a place to go if the shit really does hit the fan, cause I would rather take my chances with some other armed people than myself. So w decided on the gun ship itself as we would have ammo, guns and all the doors are think and the windows are all bared up. So we decided it would be a rather safe place to hunker down. They were going to do some stocking up themselves with food, water, fuel and a big ass generator. So with us thinking we had a good handle on tings we said our goodbyes and off to home I went.

I think I have more at home, but cant remember...
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 1:21:23 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
4xys2xxs:

Busy night tonight.

Good for you!

You write well

Thanks.

From any to Anna.
What should I call him?

Husbands name....hmmmmm....some of my favorites: James, Andrew, Keith, Cameron, Jack, Conner, Corey, Quinn....

I'll put it together and post it tomorrow morning... hopefully.

Good work!

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:01:45 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think the night crew threads have turned into the FieroLoki, 4xys2xxs and dpmmn show  

yup

*Some* people post inbetween working on broken things.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:05:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think the night crew threads have turned into the FieroLoki, 4xys2xxs and dpmmn show  

yup

What broke?

Should I phone somebody?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:11:24 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
4xys2xxs:

Busy night tonight.

Good for you!

You write well

Thanks.

From any to Anna.
What should I call him?

Husbands name....hmmmmm....some of my favorites: James, Andrew, Keith, Cameron, Jack, Conner, Corey, Quinn....

I'll put it together and post it tomorrow morning... hopefully.

Good work!

How's about Jess?  As in Jess Kidding?
If you don't like that I'll make it Jeff.  After Jeffy peanutbutter.

It has been a Very busy night.
And I see I have some competition for Arfcom's Preeminent Author and Writer Supreme.

Count is now 2,504
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:12:27 AM EDT
[#14]
I know that wasnt towards me. LOL!!! Im no damn writer. Just bored.  
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:13:52 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup

What broke?

Should I phone somebody?

Just another happy happy joy joy day at work. My pager keeps going off because stuff in the Fab needs a kick in the ass TLC.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:16:07 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

yup

What broke?

Should I phone somebody?

Just another happy happy joy joy day at work. My pager keeps going off because stuff in the Fab needs a kick in the ass TLC.

Hmmm...Ok

I don't know what fab is....

But is there an 800 number I should call?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:20:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Not me I'm on break!

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:21:29 AM EDT
[#18]
What do you do and where??

Quoted:
Not me I'm on break!

img.photobucket.com/albums/v628/soowah/images.jpg

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:23:53 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Not me I'm on break!

that you in the bunnysuit and what the hell do you do?
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:25:30 AM EDT
[#20]
[Tommy Lee Jones] I come up with last minute solutions to impossible problems [/Tommy Lee Jones]  Without going into to much detail I am a Engineering Technician for a large Instrument company in Texas.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not me I'm on break!

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:28:09 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not me I'm on break!

that you in the bunnysuit and what the hell do you do?

No not me in the smock, mine are usually soaked with nasty chemicals.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:28:59 AM EDT
[#22]
*wink wink*  I got ya.  

Quoted:
[Tommy Lee Jones] I come up with last minute solutions to impossible problems [/Tommy Lee Jones]  Without going into to much detail I am a Engineering Technician for a large Instrument company in Texas.

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not me I'm on break!

Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:48:23 AM EDT
[#23]
And that's all for now.

To be continued later tonight.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:50:57 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not me I'm on break!

they still in business, I thought they moved all that stuff overseas
I only wore cleanroom suits with paper head covers and rubber gloves when I did my electronics job
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:58:08 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not me I'm on break!

I only wore cleanroom suits with paper head covers and rubber gloves when I did my electronics job

Nah, most of the core stuff stays here. DLP has moved though. We have 7 fabs in Texas alone and buliding a new one just a few miles up the street.
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:09:26 AM EDT
[#26]
yo off work and took out the trash day is done
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:12:08 AM EDT
[#27]
Friday night here

taking a break from doing an assignment
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 3:13:40 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not me I'm on break!

Nah, most of the core stuff stays here. DLP has moved though. We have 7 fabs in Texas alone and buliding a new one just a few miles up the street.

Damn, I may need to move to TX, IBM in Rochester, MN has no jobs and does layoffs all the time. Maybe my ET certification may come in handy for once
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top