Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2001 7:08:33 PM EDT
I used to get Guns-n-Ammo for a couple years but I think I might get something else now. what would be good reading? and with good pics-of course. [:D]  All i get now is the NRA magazine Americas First Freedom. and shotgun news at the store once in a while. What do you suggest.
-bricklayer
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:26:42 PM EDT
[#1]
GUNS & WEAPONS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:28:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Handguns is good.
Go to ebay and search for gun magazines.
Distributors sell 3 years of guns n ammo for $9.
Got mine there a few months ago.

Awesome deal!
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:35:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:36:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:44:26 PM EDT
[#5]
I only bother with one gun rag; Small Arms Review.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#6]
American Rifleman
Guns & Ammo
Shooting Times

I also read American Handgunner, from time to time, and  Guns and Weapons of Law Enforcement.
guns762
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:59:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By the bricklayer:
I used to get Guns-n-Ammo for a couple years but I think I might get something else now. what would be good reading? and with good pics-of course. [:D]  All i get now is the NRA magazine Americas First Freedom. and shotgun news at the store once in a while. What do you suggest.
-bricklayer
View Quote

I will Third GUNS & WEAPONS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
as well as Swat Magazine. It usually has detailed articles on weapons.  Now that the Firing Line has bought the pages, I could recommend to try it out!
[email protected]
www.pro-tac.net
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:08:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Shotgun News if that even counts as a magazine.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:18:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Be careful if you get more than one.
I have on several occasions bought one mag for a trip up north and a different one for the trip back.  Got to re-read half the articles from the first with different titles in the second mag.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:22:31 PM EDT
[#10]
The best reading is Small Arms Review.  

G&WLE is great eye-candy, but the articles get VERY repetitions.  I mean how many times in one year can you review a Rem 870 with a tac-light, and the M4 in every conceivable configuration???  I still subscribe though.

I didn't know that SWAT magazine got bought out, that's good, because it was trash before.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:28:00 PM EDT
[#11]
    Small Arms Review rocks, they have insights on idustry news and events that most gun magazines don't. Lot's of class 3 arms info in this magazine. You should also try Guns&Weapons for Law Enforcement, American Rifleman and S.O.F.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#12]
SAR, definitely.  Every time I get one of the other gun rags, I regret the money I spent on it.

Also get--Gun List and Shotgun News--

Lots of deals in both.  A good price guide on what you are buying and selling.

Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:44:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Small arms review
Shotgun news (for the deals)
and Gun tests (to know whats good)
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:48:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Precision Shooting

Accurate Rifle
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 8:57:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Every month I get
Guns and Ammo
Guns and weapons for law enforcement.
American Rifleman
American Handgunner
Hunting
and three Shotgun News

I love em all but the three NRA mag are very repitious in their arcticles.

I would also highly recomend G&WFLE
It has alot of cool stuff us citizens cant but.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:00:05 PM EDT
[#16]
The most truthful one is "Gun Tests", and I get Shotgun News to check prices and read Fred's Rants.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 9:07:45 PM EDT
[#17]
In my humble opinion I beleive that American Handgunner is the best magazine out there.  AG is the only main line mag. that has the balls to say a product sucks.  And since Guns magazine is by the same publisher and writers that it is probably good as well although I have not read it.  Shooting Times is also pretty good.

One mag that really sucks is Combat Handguns,  this magazine will not tell the truth for anything.  Everything they review is the best and when asked to make a comparison they always take the pussy way out, just like Guns & Ammo.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 12:40:00 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
...and I get Shotgun News to check prices and read Fred's Rants.
View Quote

And I thought I was the only one.  Fred rocks!  I might not agree with everything he says, but dammit, if everyone thought like he does, I'd be a happy camper...er shooter.

Link Posted: 7/19/2001 2:18:15 AM EDT
[#19]
I get:

Guns and Ammo
Guns Magazine
Shooting Times
American Rifleman

To be honest some issues of any one of 'em will be pretty good with stuff that interests me and sometimes they suck and don't interest me at all.  All these rags write about all types of guns.  If you like one type of gun (like handguns only) you would probably like a magazine like Handguns.  Likewise if you like other types better, get a magazine that suits those types.  You'll probably enjoy reading them more.
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 2:34:06 AM EDT
[#20]
GUNS & WEAPONS FOR LAW ENFORCEMENT
SMALL ARMS REVIEW

Both are great.

But my favorite is SHOTGUN NEWS - I buy more shit out of there. My wife hates it when the new issue gets to the house!

Link Posted: 7/19/2001 6:14:10 AM EDT
[#21]
[url]www.smallarmsreview.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top