BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:24:48 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I think a Gay Channel is a great idea.  Remember, half of all gay people are Lesbians.   Right now I gotta get back to watching "The L-Word" with the sound off.  

Not that I actually "buy" these figures, but allegedly some study determined that 7% of the population were gay GUYS and 4% were lesbian... (that would make 11%, personally, I don't think the discrepency is THAT much, and I think the total % overall is a tad higher... but.... fwiw.)
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 11:36:03 AM EDT
[#2]
Yeah, I found this channel on Charter a couple of days ago. I was watching a movie, then noticed all of the commercials had a homosexual theme to them. I was really disappointed.

Quoted:
here's a solution. don't fucking watch it! wow, that was hard.

Wrong answer. There are plenty of people who will watch it and keep it going. If you really do not want to see this channel exist you need to do this:

1. Watch the channel with a pad of paper.

2. Write down the name of every company that is purchasing commercial time on this channel.

3. Send them a letter stating that you will not purchase their products or services until they pull their advertisement from this channel.

Money, is what makes TV go round......don't ever forget it, or the power that you as a consumer have in this world.........
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:04:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Channel 69 right?

No, 68--they take turns!
Link Posted: 8/31/2005 12:13:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Finally
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top