BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
do you use your sights?  do you have a stock on your weapon?  is your barrel straight?  do you have an education that advanced past the sixth grade level where you understand what your sights do?

these guys don't.  thank god.

guardoian855's assertion wasn't that Iraqi police were being issued AKs that lacked stocks, or that the barrels were crooked, or that the police didn't understand what the sights do. He simply stated that the sights suck, and implied that they were responsible for the poor marksmanship.

In reality, AK sights aren't nearly as good as the sights on most ARs, but they are most definitely capable of producing minute-of-man accuracy out to the practical range limits of the round.

Bottom Line: The problem isn't the sights, in spite of what has been stated in this thread.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:23:05 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Those of you that say AK's are inaccurate are wrong.  They are perfectly acceptable for combat.  In fact my POS chinese copy can shoot just as accurately as my AR out to 200 yards.

i don't think anybody's really seriously turning this into an AR vs. AK thread.  i bet your POS chinese AK still has a buttstock on it... and the barrel isn't bent off to one side, you're lucky... you're sights aren't frozen-over with rust, you probably still have a front sight post even.
i think most of the responses here are that the insurgents don't have any training or take care of their weapons and probably do abuse what little they do have that [barely] works.

take the AK vs. AR stuff somewhere else please.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top