Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:33:06 AM EDT
[#1]
i gotta buddy who wears a porkpie hat but he's heavy into the punk rock/ska scene so it fits him. and he actually carries it off well!

the only thing i ever wear is a bush cover and that's only when i'm doing yardwork (it's od not cammie).
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:07:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Well, I was at a starbucks the other day and I saw some repulsive social reject parasite wearing one of those pantyhose things on his head that black guys wear, and a fedora over that. Funny thing is he was trying to talk to some reasonably hot chick. Maybe this idiot knows something we don't?

The bios of the queer eye cast?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:31:13 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're just bragging because you have lots of hair and it isn't grey yet - kid

You apparently haven't seen me! You could cut off all my hair and stuff it in a 30.06 shell, I've got so little.

Ooooops...  sorry man.  I've still got a good rim but no crown to speak of and hair's grey.  I make up for it by leaving it long so the kids can get a laugh saying, "Look at that old fart.  He thinks he's fooling people".
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:30:58 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's mine. At the motel in Gettysburg.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:32:43 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
www.uweb.ucsb.edu/~iwking/ph-self-fedora.jpg

DAMN!

The ladies still dig Escher prints right?  Tell me that much!

that escher print sucks compared to the cool cd hanging on the wall.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:38:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Had a redheaded GF that wore one all the time she was around the pool working on that all-over tan.

Didn't want the freckles on her face you see.  

I personally think ALL naked redheads look good in a Fedora.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:43:54 PM EDT
[#7]

My favorite thing is to go onto a hard hat area wearing my McDonald "T" aluminum full brim hard hat.

Pics?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 3:34:37 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Hats from any decade other than the one you're living in are a costume. Neato if you're a New York fag, I guess.

Always loved the wide brimmed outdoors hats on bald guys. Yup, buy that little fishing vest and the digger hat, you sure look rugged, Crocodile Baldee. Get back in your Miata and drive back to the burbs, you're nauseating me.

I just wear a cap, or a boonie if I'm working in the sun. Screw playing dress up.

God forbid someone dress with style and class.  I guess you are one who thinks dressing well means washing your jeans and t shirts.

Slobs will ALWAYS be slobs.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:42:41 PM EDT
[#9]
There's not a damn thing wrong with wearing a Fedora. I don't wear one simply because I haven't found one  I like yet and looks good on me.
I wear guayabera shirts whenever possible. For a while this was something you only saw on older cuban guys but now I see young dudes wearing them. Some things do come back in style so maybe there's hope for the Fedora.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:06:22 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Pics?

+1 on a FULL BRIM, quality hard hat.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:54:32 PM EDT
[#11]
I used to wear a Fedora all the tome when I was a kid back in the 70's. Of course at times I would be seen riding my 10 speed to work wearing a pair of shorts, and the coat to a very old long tail tux. I was making a fashon statement
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:00:15 PM EDT
[#12]
I think it would be cool if hats made a comeback. It would signify more than just a fashion statement IMHO.

I have a couple of hats but they seem too big and wierd on me. I'd like to find a boonie style hat look but I doubt I could pull it off.

Nothing cooler than the crisp suits of the 30s and 40s with the hats. Well, maybe the trim suits of the 50s.

/only 33 but born in the wrong decade apparently!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:06:47 PM EDT
[#13]
I love 'em, but can't wear 'em. My head isn't the right shape.

I stick with scally caps.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top