BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:18:05 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If you must stand behind every pronouncement of Pat because he worships as you do that is your problem.

Actually, I had forgotten all about Pat Robertson until this news story broke.

Personally, I agree with his opinion. No, more, no less.

Ok, I disagee with him at this point... no more no less.  It doesn't make me a member of the revolution.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:18:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone who disagrees with a Christian is a Christian-hater, right?

Robertson is a hypocrite of the worst kind, much like a Muslim who kills innocent people in the name of his or her faith.  If we assasinated Chavez, we'd have to go assasinating every leader of every nation we don't approve of or else we ourselves would be hypocrites.  But then again, we bankroll our own enemies by buying their oil, so who knows what is right and wrong.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:19:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Robertson: "Is it right to call for assassination? No, and I apologize for that statement,"

Good.

Now let's just wait for the thousands of Muslim clerics in this country, in Europe and all around the world to start apologizing for THEIR many fatwas, speeches and sermons over the years directly encouraging terrorism, supporting the murder of "infidels" and calling for the bombing of innocent women & children all around the world.
Yeah right.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:20:25 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Robertson is a hypocrite of the worst kind, much like a Muslim who kills innocent people in the name of his or her faith.

Ya.

Sure.

Whatever you say. Once again, Robertson says something and is equated with or considered worse than people who actually commit acts of violence.

Fantabulous!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:20:57 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Robertson: "Is it right to call for assassination? No, and I apologize for that statement,"

Good.

Now let's just wait for the thousands of Muslim clerics around the world to begin to apologize for THEIR fatwas and sermons over the years supporting the murder of innocent "infidels" and calls for bombing women & children all around the world?

Yer hold'n yer breath there right?  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Good.

Now let's just wait for the thousands of Muslim clerics around the world to begin to apologize for THEIR fatwas and sermons over the years supporting the murder of innocent "infidels" and calls for bombing women & children all around the world?

Shh!

No bashing the ROP!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:22:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I bet you Ol Pat is a Texas boy with his ass deep in oil stocks.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:24:33 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

No, he is in Virginia Beach Virginia.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:26:08 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd be willing to wager plenty of dough that if Pat Robertson came out and said WWII was a just and holy war to rid the world of tyranny half the ARFCOM population would disagree with him.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:29:15 PM EDT
[#10]
The only reason people would see bashing Robertson as bashing Christians are those that seem to think that the two are synonymous and inseparable.

Or they have an over-active victimhood gland.

Robertson's a dick, Christians (generally) aren't. Happy?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:29:55 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

no just ass deep in donations.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:30:57 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
I'd be willing to wager plenty of dough that if Pat Robertson came out and said WWII was a just and holy war to rid the world of tyranny half the ARFCOM population would disagree with him.

maybe that's because the majority of ARFCOMers are free-thinking people who can say whatever they want, unlike boot-clickers like yourself.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:33:16 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
maybe that's because the majority of ARFCOMers are free-thinking people who can say whatever they want, unlike boot-clickers like yourself.

Amazing.

Simply amazing.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:34:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

maybe that's because the majority of ARFCOMers are free-thinking people who can say anything they want, unlike boot-clickers like yourself.

No, it's because you hate the likes of Pat Roberston more than you hate leftists, Communists, and anyone else who hates America.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:35:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Well... Humm..
He is correct, we should. America did so in VietNam.
But as a public figure, under extreme scrutiny, he's an idiot for saying so publicly.....

myit
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:35:38 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no just ass deep in donations.

You gotta figure he's got some money stashed away on Wall Street, but the bottomline is that he is an American and entitled to say what he wants....

ETA Gas is $0.12 a gallon in Venezuela....thats 12 cents US
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:35:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

maybe that's because the majority of ARFCOMers are free-thinking people who can say anything they want, unlike boot-clickers like yourself.

No, it's because you hate the likes of Pat Roberston more than you hate leftists, Communists, and anyone else who hates America.

no I hate the "americans" who declare others "unamerican" for disagreeing with what an influencial leader said.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:36:21 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Amazing.

Simply amazing.

See?

I told you.

Boot-clickers.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:36:57 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Good.

Now let's just wait for the thousands of Muslim clerics in this country, in Europe and all around the world to start apologizing

So...  yesterday when I compared Pat Robertson's use of mass media and his call for violence to that of a radical Islamic cleric's - a lot of panties got wadded up.

Today?   Not so much.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:39:59 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good.

Now let's just wait for the thousands of Muslim clerics in this country, in Europe and all around the world to start apologizing

So...  yesterday when I compared Pat Robertson's use of mass media and his call for violence to that of a radical Islamic cleric's - a lot of panties got wadded up.

Today?   Not so much.

Maybe they got 'em pulled out of their buttcracks, who knows....
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:40:09 PM EDT
[#21]
This time the CONTRAS will beCONTRActors.

Venezuela is providing a cross border safe haven for Columbia's Marxist FARC guerillas.

We are already supplying all sorts of training and contractors to the Columbian Government, to combat FARC. Who have replaced the former Columbian drug cartels, as the largest exporters of  illict drugs in South America. The drug money Noreaga was making in Panama, is chump change compared to the drug money Chavez is making off his Marxist buddies the FARC Guerillas.

There is also reason to believe, Cuba is supplying Military aid and Training to FARC, within the borders of Venezuela.

Columbia has been hiring contractors to conduct cross border raids into Venezuela in order to attack FARC safe havens. One such raid even grabbed a FARC leader off the streets of the Venezuelan capitol of Caracas in 2003, causing a big political stink between Columbia and Venezuela.

If we ever decide to to take out Chavez.  It won't be an American Special Forces Team or a JDAM dropped from a F-18 that takes him out. Rather it will be a check written by the CIA, to a large International Military Contractor on behalf of the Columbian Government. The Check will be for supposedly helping the Columbian Government arm and train contractors to deal with the FARC problem, but in reality this money will be spent on bringing down the Marxist Venezuelan government...One way or anouther.

As long as we don't send Oliver North and a birthday cake...the world media probably won't suspect a thing till it's all over but the crying.

Pat lives on his own little world and really does not have a clue as to how these things really work.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:41:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
no I hate the "americans" who declare others "unamerican" for disagreeing with what an influencial leader said.

I can almost guarantee that you (and everyone else lined up with you) would be tossing "+1s" and "it's about time" comments if Schwarzenegger, Delay, or Nugent came out and called for Chavez' assassination.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:43:48 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Today?   Not so much.

If you want to begin bringing the other thread up, I will argue the exact same points again. Wouldn't bother me at all.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:44:12 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Contrary to popular, non-Christian opinion, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, and Benny Hinn do not represent the whole of Christianity in America.

Far, far from it.

They must represent a pretty large portion for Robertson, Falwell, and Hinn to exist with all the televangelists out there.

The media usually pulls out Robertson, Falwell or one of the Grahams went they want an opinion from the Christian right so they get a lot of face time on the tube.

I guess thats why people think they speak they speak for all Christians.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:46:10 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can almost guarantee that you (and everyone else lined up with you) would be tossing "+1s" and "it's about time" comments if Schwarzenegger, Delay, or Nugent came out and called for Chavez' assassination.

I just think it's inappropriate for a religious leader to dirty his hands in this fashion, for one - and for two, I think it's a really bad policy to assassinate foreign leaders, especially if you're under suspicion for it or get caught.

All in all, Robertson made a dumbass statement.  Not surprising, because he IS a dumbass.  It's one thing for a secular politician or even a private religious individual to say this, it's another entirely to preach assassination from the pulpit.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:48:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol?

actually I figured you guys for the bush-bots.  I dislike the GOP, as well as the dems, even though there's really no difference between the 2.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:54:50 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
actually I figured you guys for the bush-bots.

I am not a kool-aid Republican.

I am a conservative. There's a difference. The further north you go, the bigger the difference there is.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:59:30 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

All in all, Robertson made a dumbass statement.  Not surprising, because he IS a dumbass.  It's one thing for a secular politician or even a private religious individual to say this, it's another entirely to preach assassination from the pulpit.

And to suggest pulling a "Noreiga" on him is equally stupid.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:01:34 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

well that's what he's saying now, but he meant assassination obviously before that.

yeah, he's a pussy.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:02:50 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:08:07 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Today?   Not so much.

If you want to begin bringing the other thread up, I will argue the exact same points again. Wouldn't bother me at all.

Argue?  What argue?  The wasteful act of arguing with you as is like trying to get a 3 year old into a pair of pajamas after they've inhaled a can of Mountain Dew.

I asked you yesterday:

Do radical islamic clerics make impassioned pleas on TV for the destruction of certain political entities or do they not?

A simple yes or no question (and hint, the answer is yes ).  Disappointingly your reply consisted of cut & paste quotations from Reagan, Churchill and the Declaration of Independence.  

The selected quotations gave no indication that the author's endorsed any use of assassination against Gorbechev, Stalin or King George regardless of whether it was financed by a government or a private individual.  So then, I'm thinking your answer is "no".

But then you finished off the post with a nice sarcastic:

Nice to know that America is based on Mullah-ism! The impassioned plea for the destruction of certain political entities!

So then, I'm like, "Is that a "yes" - but in a way that's supposed to make me pause and think about something relevant?"

So, I'll ask again:  Do radical islamic clerics make impassioned pleas on TV for the destruction of certain political entities or do they not?  Further, why is OK for The_Mac to make the comparison and when he does - he earns a supportive comment from you?
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:08:20 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Don't get me wrong - the more I read, the more I think Oliver North should head down the Venezuela and personally put a boot up the guys ass - if he wasn't expecting it and ranting and raving about how the U.S. wants him dead.  If he turns up assassinated, who do you think is going to look like the asshole?

I like the Bush policies on Iraq, Afghanistan, and the WOT in general - because we are clearly and legally justified to do what we've done. Pre-emptively assassinating troublemakers is not so clear as say, Iraq, which had over a decade of cease-fire violations that justified that war if nothing else did.  Even with all of the clear justifications over Iraq, it's not been a terribly popular war, and political and diplomatic problems have resulted from it - Bush almost lost the election as a result of Iraq.  Running around knocking off tinpot dictators that as of yet have only said nasty things about America would be a nightmare, and certainly would give the rest of the world a legitimate complaint about US policy for once.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:09:07 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good.

Today?   Not so much.

Didn't agree with you then..... don't agree with you today either.  There is a world of difference in saying the US gov should use assasination to deal with a troublesome dictator, and saying:

"Arise my Christian horde.  Go forth with bombs strapped to thee and smite down the Chavez and his blasphemous people!"

It isn't even close to being an edict for good Christians to kill Chavez.

ETA:  I can disagree with his position (and I do) and still not try to horn shoe it into a fatwa from Iranian Mullahs.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:13:29 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good.

Today?   Not so much.

Yeah, I kind of thought the same thing when I saw Robertson's statement yesterday... thinking "how is this any different than some MuslimMaggot screeching for muslims to kill American troops in Iraq?"

But the fact that Robertson backed down and apologized (however you may see it being weasly or not), IMO that put him light-years ahead of the MoslemMaggot clerics who continue to upapologetically preach their fantatical jihads against all that is non-Wahabist.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:14:15 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
US should assasinate castro too.

I volunteer. I'll even bring my own weapons.

Oh, come on!  We KNOW how that turns out.  Hillarity ensues, Castro lives.

Hard to believe the CIA could try so many times and faily so badly...
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:14:45 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good.

Today?   Not so much.

Didn't agree with you then..... don't agree with you today either.  There is a world of difference in saying the US gov should use assasination to deal with a troublesome dictator, and saying:

"Arise my Christian horde.  Go forth with bombs strapped to thee and smite down the Chavez and his blasphemous people!"

It isn't even close to being an edict for good Christians to kill Chavez.

ETA:  I can disagree with his position (and I do) and still not try to horn shoe it into a fatwa from Iranian Mullahs.

Yep.

Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:16:53 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
US should assasinate castro too.

I volunteer. I'll even bring my own weapons.

Oh, come on!  We KNOW how that turns out.  Hillarity ensues, Castro lives.

Hard to believe the CIA could try so many times and faily so badly...

Yeah...

It's almost like some people in the CIA WANTED us to fail to kill Castro.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:23:22 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Everybody take a side:

You either agree with Chavez...or you agree with Robertson's opinion that it would be better for the US if Chavez was "taken out."

Which is it? A Communist who hates America...or the American who hates a Communist enemy?

Choose a side.

Niether.  I don't HAVE to take the side of Pat Robertson to be opposed to Hugo Chavez.  I'd have to believe that military conflict with him were inevitable AND that a simple assination attempt would bring the desired response.  If you must stand behind every pronouncement of Pat because he worships as you do that is your problem.

As to my opposition to an assasination if it averts a war.... no way, cap his ass and don't look back.  I'm not saying Pat had it wrong on that front.  I don't agree that now is the time or that it is nessisary in this case.

Huh.   Yup.  We'd be better off without Robert Mugabe, but that doesn't mean we should assassinate him.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:23:59 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good.

Today?   Not so much.

Yeah, I kind of thought the same thing when I saw Robertson's statement yesterday... thinking "how is this any different than some MuslimMaggot screeching for muslims to kill American troops in Iraq?"

But the fact that Robertson backed down and apologized (however you may see it being weasly or not), IMO that put him light-years ahead of the MoslemMaggot clerics who continue to upapologetically preach their fantatical jihads against all that is non-Wahabist.

Regardless Mac, some people came unglued in yesterday’s thread when I made the same comparison – apparently some posters choose their arguments based on how they “feel” about a certain member rather than making an honest prima facie examination of the facts at hand.

You’re right of course, Robertson coming to his senses and retracting the statement he made on his religious TV program was the right thing to do, and it does make him better than any Imam calling for a fatwa in my book as well.

But I have no choice but to make note of said posters and place them on the “Careful:  Unable to control emotions when arguing.” list.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:31:18 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Just a minor note, Mac.

Robertson was suggesting taking out an evil, Communist dictator that is supplying terrorists with weapons and money.

He was not saying, "Kill him because he is not a Christian".

Robertson has never suggested that we ought to kill all non-Christians.

But that is indeed what the reason given by the Islamic clerics.  They hate us because we are not Muslims, are infidels, and therefore, deserve death.

A little different.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:31:30 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

But I have no choice but to make note of said posters and place them on the “Careful:  Unable to control emotions when arguing.” list.

On that, I think I saw the same thing.  I stayed the hell out of it.  You couldn't make a comment that didn't support 'ol Pat without being screamed at as a communist.  There's no doubt why the media creamed themselves over the story, but that don't change the fact the statement was pretty dumb really, and he's the one who made it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:32:39 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

OK - now that's funny.  But a "world" of difference?  

There are more similarities between the aspects of my statement regarding the use of TV, the content of what was actually said and the societal standing of the individuals involved than there are differences if you are able to step back and look at this clearly.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:34:27 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Just a minor note, Mac.

Robertson was suggesting taking out an evil, Communist dictator that is supplying terrorists with weapons and money.

He was not saying, "Kill him because he is not a Christian".

Robertson has never suggested that we ought to kill all non-Christians.

But that is indeed what the reason given by the Islamic clerics.  They hate us because we are not Muslims, are infidels, and therefore, deserve death.

A little different.

If they establish that for hard fact, then my opion might change on the issue.  I haven't seen (not saying it isn't there) any good solid proof that he's doing much other than running his mouth and fucking his own people over.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:37:40 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
Contrary to popular, non-Christian opinion, Pat Robertson, Jerry Falwell, and Benny Hinn do not represent the whole of Christianity in America.

Far, far from it.

What?

Then who does?  The Pope?

No wait....that's just for us Catholics.  Maybe this is just another overblown news report?

Naw............can't be that!  

Sgtar15
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:39:32 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Robertson is a hypocrite of the worst kind, much like a Muslim who kills innocent people in the name of his or her faith.  If we assasinated Chavez, we'd have to go assasinating every leader of every nation we don't approve of or else we ourselves would be hypocrites.  

So let's start shooting!!!

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:40:10 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OK - now that's funny.  But a "world" of difference?  

There are more similarities between the aspects of my statement regarding the use of TV, the content of what was actually said and the societal standing of the individuals involved than there are differences if you are able to step back and look at this clearly.

There's no back to step really.  I'm not Christian.... athiest.  It's not close to home.  What I'm saying is that the message is not that all good Christians should work to kill Chavez.  He's saying that in his opinion it would be valid for the US to eliminate Chavez.  The Mullahs on the other hand DIRECT their followers to go forth and kill the infidel.  Maybe 'world' is a bit much but there is a pretty distinct difference.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 1:43:48 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
Maybe 'world' is a bit much but there is a pretty distinct difference.

OK - cool.

Now you're safely off my list instead of just being 'off my list'.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:04:28 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Maybe 'world' is a bit much but there is a pretty distinct difference.

OK - cool.

Now you're safely off my list instead of just being 'off my list'.

Phew!!!!  I'd have hated to just barely slide off.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:10:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Funny how the same posters who justified taking out Saddam Hussien are the same people villifying Robertson for suggesting the same with Chavez.

I guess everything goes better with Communism.

I'm with you.  I've hated communism longer than many on this board have been alive.  I have no qualms with taking Chavez out.  I think a permanent solution would send a louder message than going in and getting him, like we did Noriega, who is rotting away in jail.  He is doing A LOT of crap behind the scenes against our country, like talking to Iran, sending money to Al Qaeda (which SHOULD put him on our enemy list according to a famous speech Bush gave), using Venezualan oil as a big stick to control the region, etc.  The world needs to see what happens to folks like him who decide to step off of the reservation.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
This time the CONTRAS will beCONTRActors.

Venezuela is providing a cross border safe haven for Columbia's Marxist FARC guerillas.

We are already supplying all sorts of training and contractors to the Columbian Government, to combat FARC. Who have replaced the former Columbian drug cartels, as the largest exporters of  illict drugs in South America. The drug money Noreaga was making in Panama, is chump change compared to the drug money Chavez is making off his Marxist buddies the FARC Guerillas.

There is also reason to believe, Cuba is supplying Military aid and Training to FARC, within the borders of Venezuela.

Columbia has been hiring contractors to conduct cross border raids into Venezuela in order to attack FARC safe havens. One such raid even grabbed a FARC leader off the streets of the Venezuelan capitol of Caracas in 2003, causing a big political stink between Columbia and Venezuela.

If we ever decide to to take out Chavez.  It won't be an American Special Forces Team or a JDAM dropped from a F-18 that takes him out. Rather it will be a check written by the CIA, to a large International Military Contractor on behalf of the Columbian Government. The Check will be for supposedly helping the Columbian Government arm and train contractors to deal with the FARC problem, but in reality this money will be spent on bringing down the Marxist Venezuelan government...One way or anouther.

As long as we don't send Oliver North and a birthday cake...the world media probably won't suspect a thing till it's all over but the crying.

Pat lives on his own little world and really does not have a clue as to how these things really work.

You have a very good grasp of the way things are done in that region.  I think that there would probably be a few more intermediate steps to blur the paper trail, though.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top