[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
hehe im calm now glad you guys where here to make me laugh

No thank you , for making us laugh. mmk

THAT made me laugh!!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:00:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Seriously, after you sober up and the cops leave, could you please unpack this for us to highlight any lessons learned or malfunctions in the system?
Matthew
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:05:43 PM EDT
[#4]
I didn't want to chime in but the post office won't ship firearms unless you are an FFL. And you are shipping to one. I don't know if someone already covered this. But I had to move on.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:45:52 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I didn't want to chime in but the post office won't ship firearms unless you are an FFL. And you are shipping to one. I don't know if someone already covered this. But I had to move on.

WRONG
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:02:31 AM EDT
[#6]
I think you should still call the ATF and the police, possibly the governor and the clique mob.  Most likely the UPS people at Staples wouldn't (couldn't) give you your gun back because they were shooting it!

They probably wore out the barrel.

Before you discredit me, I know who you are.  I've seen your parents.  Your father is a male man, and your mother is not!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:06:54 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:26:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WRONG

+1 DEAD Wrong..
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:37:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Why would they make you ship a rifle next day air?  Only handguns are required to be shipped that way.

From their website:

You must ship your packages that contain handguns with UPS Next Day Air Early A.M.®, UPS Next Day Air®, or UPS Next Day Air Saver® services

The problem looks like you dropped it off at the wrong location.  Of course they should have told you that when you dropped it off.

Again from their website:

Your packages that contain firearms will not be accepted for shipment at UPS Drop Boxes, with UPS SonicAir® service, at locations of The UPS Store or any third-party retailer, or with international services.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 3:55:55 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WRONG

+1 DEAD Wrong..

Since we are calling his bs, lets let him know the truth.  USPS will ship a long gun for anyone.  They will only ship hand guns if you have a FFL.  I found this out one day by not knowing it and shipping a 1911 in for warranty work. At the post office, thats inside a bank.  big duh.  Anyway, she didn't know the rule, so she shipped it anyway.  It made it to Baton rouge the next day, and I had it fed exed to me 2 days later shooting like a champ.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:09:09 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:23:41 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

WRONG

+1 DEAD Wrong..

+2 False.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:12:51 AM EDT
[#13]
i got it back! now im gonna take it to my ffl and have them ship it
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:19:45 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Good luck!
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:22:15 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
talked to another guy down there and he said he was gonna call his boss and that i can pick it up tonight. i said i have all the paperwork and even the sales reciept of the firearm to me. i told him if they then refused to give me my firearm then they would be dealing with the police for larsony or whatever the cop told me

Actually, it's spelled receipt.

Oh yeah...and "I" should be capitalized.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:30:55 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Oh Lord, please, nooooo.  The last guy around here who did that freaked out worse than you.  Wait till you go back a month later and realize it is still at your FFL.  

Why do some people make something so simple seem so difficult?  
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:11:11 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
i did not threaten them i just said if it wasnt back to me by thursday after i showed them all of my paperwork on the rifle the atf was gonna get involved

ATF could care less.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 1:29:40 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
If its damaged in transit and he didnt follow their regulations to the letter (ie: declaring it, shipping it from the UPS hub, etc), he wont be reimbursed for the insured amount.

Kharn

actually, even if you do EVERYTHING right -- dot every "i" and cross every "t" -- and UPS damages it, they will claim "inadequate packaging" and refuse to reimburse you and there ain't a goddamn thing you can do about it.

case in point:  guy i know of (friend of my dad) was shipping a piece of machinery via UPS.  he went down to the cabinet shop and had a STURDY, WOODEN crate built for it.  when the machine reached it's destination, it was in several highly mangled CARDBOARD boxes with parts missing and broken.  the recipient called the shipper and complained.  the shipper, in turn called UPS.  UPS's answer, "insufficient packaging."  they would not reimburse.  

yeah, he coul've taken them to court, but it is almost impossible to win against a corporation that has a legal budget like UPS undoubtedly has
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Make sure you call after you drop it off at your ffl to find out where it is.................
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:40:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
talked to another guy down there and he said he was gonna call his boss and that i can pick it up tonight. i said i have all the paperwork and even the sales reciept of the firearm to me. i told him if they then refused to give me my firearm then they would be dealing with the police for larsony or whatever the cop told me

Actually, it's spelled receipt.

Oh yeah...and "I" should be capitalized.

You forgot another one. It's larceny, not larsony.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:03:25 PM EDT
[#21]
wow. if you have issues explaining yourself in a internet platfrom where you have all the time in the world to type out a message i can only imagine how bad you did while in a UPS office while being hurried. i think you would be alot better off getting a smarter and more intelligent friend to ship this for you. sit down, take your time and slowly write out the address for them and give them 20 bucks. then take a long nap.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:52:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Damn, I feel sorry for the guy for taking such a beating over spelling and grammar.  Where is the rifle now?  I't been almost 12 hours.
Matthew
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:04:39 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Damn, I feel sorry for the guy for taking such a beating over spelling and grammar.  Where is the rifle now?  I't been almost 12 hours.
Matthew

Why, does it take that much effort to show you are semi-literate and not a retard?
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:25:56 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Which will be more than likely by UPS. Jeez, decaf man.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:43:02 PM EDT
[#25]
I cant believe I read the whole thing but I couldnt stop because it was kind of funny the way you guys were correcting all the grammar and spelling mistakes that were made in everybodys posts I hope this gets cleared up.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:47:02 PM EDT
[#26]

I't been almost 12 hours.

Should read "It has been".
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:48:05 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
I cant believe I read the whole thing but I couldnt stop because it was kind of funny the way you guys were correcting all the grammar and spelling mistakes that were made in everybodys posts I hope this gets cleared up.

There is an apostrophe in "can't".
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:49:20 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I can't believe I read the whole thing, but I couldn't stop, because it was kind of funny the way you guys were correcting all the grammar and spelling mistakes that were made in everybody's posts. I hope this gets cleared up.

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 6:55:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
no wrong worng wrong.. this morning i shipped the rifle out not at a ups hub. and i called them asking about the status on the firearm they then freaked out saying it was staying at the hub and was being shipped back to staples i was like wtf over. they then told me to come pick it up i went and they did not give. so i called around and then finnaly got somebody worth talking to they then contacted the MAIN man and he said ill be there at 8am with his rifle bam.

i was on fritz end after i left the ups hub i went to the raleigh pd. they said with all your paperwork and reciept of sale, if they refuse to give it to you then we will get it for you. not that i wanted it back. but i wanted to get it to its destination. i promised ranger i would have it to him this week and im holding up my end as he did his. there you go

Just one last request before I go drink myself silly to forget I ever read all this; please tell me you were not homeschooled.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:02:41 AM EDT
[#30]
ffl shipped the rifle overnight. it is leaving today
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 7:54:49 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I can't believe I read the whole thing, but I couldn't stop, because it was kind of funny the way you guys were correcting all the grammar and spelling mistakes that were made in everybody's posts. I hope this gets cleared up.

Are you ready for the next quiz?
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top