[#2]

Quoted:
This fan mail will give you an idea.
<snip>

I like him already.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:07:33 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

there is this nice lady that i met last weekend because we share a mutual friend.
i hear from the friend she is interested in me and i was kind of interested in her so i call her up and ask her out.
dinner and a movie.  i meet her at her place and we go out to eat.  sit and talk for about 45 minutes.  we seemed to have a good time and were hitting it off.  not much chemistry but i am not a love at first sight kind of guy anyway.  on the way back to her place and i am expecting a hug or a kiss or something and what i get is "thanks" as she hops out of my truck and shuts the door.  she walks up to the house without looking back.  

damn, i think i just got snubbed for $60.00.    

Better luck next time stud.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:07:44 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You should have taken her roller skating

+1 At least you would have been able to hold her hand and get a little skin on skin contact .
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:42:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Good girls don't kiss on the first date.

SGatr15

Consider me bad, then.

MMMMM, my future ex-wife.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:27:48 AM EDT
[#6]
I haven't had a good date in a while.  Thanks to Oprah, MTV and reality shows women have changed and that is not for the better.

But I did save a load of money and bought some guns.

Max
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:35:30 AM EDT
[#7]
You are not doing the dating thing right,

Dating is just a front, what you are doing is looking at a potential mate, the best thing to do is bypas all of the formalities and get right to the point.

You a met a girl you like, she is to you a attractive girl,

introduce yourself, say HI hows it going.....allways a good ice breaker, since woman like to talk about themselves....

then  say, So when are we getting married?

Now dont be scared by what will happen next, one of 2 things,

She will stand there with a deer in the headlight look:
Woman are trained for the "married" word at a young age, when they hear it, the wheels really start to turn, they are researching the embeded programming in thier minds, you have thrown them a loop, since we men are never suppossed to be thinking about marriage, only sex, when you play the Ace card upfront, they reallly dont know what to think.

Or

She will run away screaming and or laughing......

Hmmmmm well none of this has really worked for me so far, I do get alot of interesting looks when I play the "marriage" card, at at times get a scream and run away....

Better not listen to me......

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:50:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Do I need ot write you guys a book? I was on a first date last week, she meetme, didn't even want coffee....we parked fooled around talked...then we had a 2nd date two days later...well we were like 15 year olds, I bring out the best in women. But that would have to be posted in a Team Place
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:22:42 AM EDT
[#9]
During the nights conversations she found out that you are not loaded ,She checked you wallet, and credit cards and was not interested. You are better off.. Good luck
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:35:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Shit I'm going out on a date tonight and we're going to the movies.

Luckily the theatre has a bar, so we can BS a little beforehand.  

Thing is, I don't know if she's a pool hall kind of gal so my plan to take her there afterwards may go nowhere.

So how did it go?  Is she making you breakfast?

As far as you not knowing if she's a pool hall kind of girl, who cares.  It's your date, you do what you want to, and if you are confident and fun to be with it won't matter where you go because she will still have a good time.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:26:51 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Good girls don't kiss on the first date.

SGatr15

Hey GabbasaurusRex what are you doing Friday night.....sorry just teasing, I couldn't help it...

Hey...on our almost first date with the 'future MrsWind', well she never left and that has been 9 years. And it is always more than a kiss.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 1:28:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Women are stupid...learn it now.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:18:08 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Do I need ot write you guys a book? I was on a first date last week, she meetme, didn't even want coffee....we parked fooled around talked...then we had a 2nd date two days later...well we were like 15 year olds, I bring out the best in women. But that would have to be posted in a Team Place

wow, you had sex with a woman??  no wonder you're bragging about it.  you're everyone's hero!

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:25:14 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
You need to listen to the Tom Leykis show on Thursdays for advice.

One of the important ones, never spend more than $45 on a date.
Another important one, movies are HORRIBLE first few dates.

Repeat after me " I will NEVER take a woman on a dinner and movie date in the first 2 months of dating"
There is no worse way to get to know someone.  You can't talk to each other and if the movie
sucks you are associated with that feeling.   Avoid the theater at all costs.

If you're smart, you can think of something interesting and quirky, and also
cheap or free.   First dates should not be a spending frenzy, it's just
to see if you hit it off.  

FWIW...

My wife swears by Lykis 101.

She wonders where the secrets were let out!

Seriously..If she wants you, you'll know about halfway through dinner.

45 bucks.. MAX!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:10:01 PM EDT
[#15]

wow, you had sex with a woman?? no wonder you're bragging about it. you're everyone's hero!

Your rock is calling!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:19:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

there is this nice lady that i met last weekend because we share a mutual friend.
i hear from the friend she is interested in me and i was kind of interested in her so i call her up and ask her out.
dinner and a movie.  i meet her at her place and we go out to eat.  sit and talk for about 45 minutes.  we seemed to have a good time and were hitting it off.  not much chemistry but i am not a love at first sight kind of guy anyway.  on the way back to her place and i am expecting a hug or a kiss or something and what i get is "thanks" as she hops out of my truck and shuts the door.  she walks up to the house without looking back.  

damn, i think i just got snubbed for $60.00.    

I go out with zero expectations.. That way Im not disappointed..
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:20:54 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
A first date is a time of anxiety for both men & women. Men will use this time to get a better feel for the woman, what her wants, needs and aspirations are, and if he can somehow fulfill her dreams, wishes and desires. Women consider the "first date" as a potential stepping stone to a meaningful relationship, and use this first encounter to gauge how much cash the poor bastard has that she can bleed out of him before she starts banging and eventually running away with the pool boy.

YES!!!!! We have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:59:28 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Shit I'm going out on a date tonight and we're going to the movies.

Luckily the theatre has a bar, so we can BS a little beforehand.  

Thing is, I don't know if she's a pool hall kind of gal so my plan to take her there afterwards may go nowhere.

As far as you not knowing if she's a pool hall kind of girl, who cares.  It's your date, you do what you want to, and if you are confident and fun to be with it won't matter where you go because she will still have a good time.

The movie/restaraunt combo place was NOT a bad first date at all.  They only dim the lights (so you can see your food) and you are able to see/talk to your date without any problem.  

We did play pool afterwards and that was cool as well.  As with every woman I've ever met, she absolutely sucked at pool and I sunk the 8 ball "on accident" a few times  which kept the games from being so lopsides.

So how did it go?  Is she making you breakfast?

It sure is nice not to wake up alone sometimes.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:00:44 PM EDT
[#20]
Bluepaddle - Next time don't start the conversation by asking her if she is disease-free.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:55:32 PM EDT
[#21]
A first date is a time of anxiety for both men & women.

Men will use this time to get a better feel for the woman, what her wants, needs and aspirations are, and if he can somehow fulfill her dreams, wishes and desires.  

Women consider the "first date" as a potential stepping stone to a meaningful relationship, and use this first encounter to gauge how much cash the poor bastard has that she can bleed out of him before she starts banging and eventually running away with the pool boy.

Wow.  Hmmmm.  In some cases, absolutely.  Not in others.

Again, wow.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top