Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/18/2001 11:32:29 AM EDT
Hi Guys,
I may have an chance to get a job whose head office is in Ardmore TN and would like to here from you folks about TN gun laws and if you have any info about the city of Ardmore ?

Miller
Link Posted: 2/18/2001 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/18/2001 11:50:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/18/2001 3:27:57 PM EDT
[#3]
To get a CCW permit:
1. Take a short course (mine was 8 hours and $100)
2. Pay $115 (for 4 years) to the State, renewable thereafter at $50 for 4 years.
3. Wait 45-90 days for CCW to arrive.

Generally a gun-friendly state.

As of right now (knock on wood) has no income tax.

I don't know anything about the Ardmore area
Link Posted: 2/18/2001 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#4]
I forgot to include that Gore's failure to carry his home state of TN cost him the election (made me proud of the people of TN).
Link Posted: 2/18/2001 7:16:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I forgot to include that Gore's failure to carry his home state of TN cost him the election (made me proud of the people of TN).
View Quote

Me too.
Link Posted: 2/18/2001 7:19:30 PM EDT
[#6]
CDN_AR,
AlanD is right on the money.  Tennessee is a
gun friendly state.  I have had my CCW for
almost 4 years now.  It expires in May and will
only cost me $50 to renew it for another 4 years
I live about one hour south of Nashville.  You
are going to be about one hour south of where I
live.  It still tickles the crap out of me to
know that Gore lost his "home" state in the
election.  Let me be the first to say "Welcome
to Tennessee".

[puke]Gore[puke]Gore[puke]Gore[puke]
Link Posted: 2/18/2001 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/18/2001 8:35:28 PM EDT
[#8]
My wife is from Winchester, and I know from visiting my in-laws that it's a good place to be.  Same thing goes for northern AL, where I had the good fortune to go shooting with a fellow listmember when I was down there last 4th of July.
Link Posted: 2/19/2001 6:44:08 AM EDT
[#9]
I live about 25 miles from Ardmore Tn/AL. It's a small town about 30 miles north west from Huntsville Al. I65 runs right by it so you can be in Nashvegas in about 1 1/2 -2 hours or south to Birminghan in about 2 1/2 hours. Huntsville international airport ; really in Madison, is the closest large airport with Fayetteville municipal being the closest small airport. Good hunting if you like deer hunting. Giles county is the #1 deer producer in the state. Let me know when younget here and we might go shoot some. The AR"RIGHT gang is a good group to hookup with.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top