User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:51:08 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
This video is quite old, probably 20 years or so.  A prisoner is being tranferred off of a plane by the feds when the father of his victim ambushes him, shooting him point blank in front of the cameras.

Thanks to Loginname for the video link.

Video link.

You're welcome.

I had been Googling like a MoFo with no luck. rkbar15's post provided the necessary clue.

Apparently that clip was used in "Bowling For Columbine" (didn't realize that).

www.imdb.com/name/nm1351526

Himself - filmography

1. The Shocks (1987) .... Himself - Shooting Jeff Doucett

Archive Footage

1. Bowling for Columbine (2002) (uncredited) .... Himself, gunman at airport
  2. Absolute Punishment: The Ultimate Death Experience Part 2 (1998) (V) (uncredited) .... Himself - Shooting Jeff Doucett
  3. Banned! In America (1998) (V) (uncredited) .... Himself - Shooting Jeff Doucett
  4. Snuff Video: Volume Red (1997) (V) (uncredited) .... Himself - Shooting Jeff Doucett
  5. The Many Faces of Death, Part 6 (1995) (V) .... Himself
  6. Executions II (1995) (V) .... Himself - Shooting Jeff Doucett
  7. Traces of Death II (1994) (V) (uncredited) .... Himself - Shooting Jeff Doucett
  8. Death Scenes 3 (1993) (V) (uncredited) .... Himself - Father that Killed Child Molester who Kiddnapped His Son
  9. Inhumanities II: Modern Atrocities (1989) (V) (uncredited) .... Himself - Shooting Jeff Doucett

OK, is it just me or is having a FUCKING IMDB entry for that footage a bit over the top?  

WTF, over?!

Link Posted: 8/21/2005 4:52:28 PM EDT
[#2]
right in the fucking ear.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#3]
wow
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:11:40 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
OK, is it just me or is having a FUCKING IMDB entry for that footage a bit over the top?  

WTF, over?!

That clip has been used  as anti-gun propaganda in the U.S. and around the world for many years.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:27:17 AM EDT
[#5]
I bet the cameraman had some inside info.

Not that I am against what the shooter did, but the camera work is too good to be a guy who just happened to be there....
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:34:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
That was an honorable killing. I'm glad the jury let him walk a mostly free man.

Every parent should have the right to shoot their children's molesters point blank in the back of the head. We'd have less of a child molestation problem in this country. Personally I'd rather slowly garrote them with some stranded picture wire and a dowel. I'd need some earplugs, and I might go home afterwards and throw up, but I'd get a peaceful nights sleep.

One problem with the justice system today is they would spare no expense to go after the killer of a child molester, but bitch and moan about the money and time involved in prosecuting the child molester in the first place.

There was no jury. He plead guilty to manslaughter and under a plea agreement he received a term of probation as his sentence. Had it gone to trial he would likely have received a prison sentence.

This was not an honorable shooting. Killing someone in self-defense or in the heat of the moment is a little different then planning and laying in wait to kill someone in cold blood. That doesn't mean I can't understand why he did it and I sure won't lose any sleep over the scumbags death

We are a nation of laws with a Constitution and Bill of Rights that protects all of us. We can't pick and choose which pieces of the Constitution we follow or believe in. If parts of the criminal justice system are broken we need to fix them.

Incidents like this are also used against us quite effectively by anti-gun groups here in the U.S. to restrict our rights.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:44:44 AM EDT
[#7]
"One instant trip to hell coming up!" I remember seeing this video probably fifteen years ago. I've often wondered what happend to the shooter and more importantly the boy that the creep molested.

It's a good thing no innocent bystander was hit, but the bullet probably didn't go through. If my son had been done that way I'd damn sure want some payback as well, but I wouldn't have done it that way. I'd rather have the fucker all to myself with a baseball bat or an axe handle. I would take my time and make sure the bastard suffered beyond belief. I'd beat him until he nearly passed out, give him a break, then repeat as necessary.

It's twisted and sick, but I think the punishment should fit the crime.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:55:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Wow !

That guy is my hero !

eta
Only slightly ahead of the Crawford Truck Driver w/ Pipe's and Chains
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 7:58:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
We're going to see a lot more of that kind of thing if the fucking authorities keep treating the child rapists with kid gloves.

Surrender of the individual retribution right is part of our social contract, but it is conditioned in my view on a working justice system
, and so long as that system fails or refuses to acknowledge that these guys CANNOT be cured, rehabilitated or made safe, its only a matter of time until squads of vigilantes take matters into their own hands and start executing the bad ones.

Bingo.  I'm torn about what he did, but I'd totally understand it if not totally excuse it.  I'd want to do the very same thing but he was a hairs breath from killing an innocent with that shot too.  That I could not do.  I have no right at all to put the lives of any number of persons in a crowded venue in danger to exact my revenge on a molester.  

I'm not sad for what happened to that sack of shit molester, but that was poor judgement and the shooter is lucky he didn't kill someone else too.  Still.... it was a good shot.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:02:58 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That was an honorable killing. I'm glad the jury let him walk a mostly free man.

Every parent should have the right to shoot their children's molesters point blank in the back of the head. We'd have less of a child molestation problem in this country. Personally I'd rather slowly garrote them with some stranded picture wire and a dowel. I'd need some earplugs, and I might go home afterwards and throw up, but I'd get a peaceful nights sleep.

One problem with the justice system today is they would spare no expense to go after the killer of a child molester, but bitch and moan about the money and time involved in prosecuting the child molester in the first place.

There was no jury. He plead guilty to manslaughter and under a plea agreement he received a term of probation as his sentence. Had it gone to trial he would likely have received a prison sentence.

This was not an honorable shooting. Killing someone in self-defense or in the heat of the moment is a little different then planning and laying in wait to kill someone in cold blood. That doesn't mean I can't understand why he did it and I sure won't lose any sleep over the scumbags death

We are a nation of laws with a Constitution and Bill of Rights that protects all of us. We can't pick and choose which pieces of the Constitution we follow or believe in. If parts of the criminal justice system are broken we need to fix them.

Incidents like this are also used against us quite effectively by anti-gun groups here in the U.S. to restrict our rights.

The Constitution and Bill of Rights have got nothing to do with it.  The constitution and bill of rights prevent the government from doing certain things.  You have no "constitutional right" not to get shot by an angry father.  

I agree with you that the father should have given the criminal system a chance to try and convict the perv.  On the other hand, if my son told me that he'd been molested by some pervert, I don't know what I'd do.  I'd probably contemplate shooting the sob but probably wouldn't because the only reason to do so would be to satisfy my desire for revenge and it wouldn't help my son, who would need his dad around, not in prison.  On the other hand, the father did save his son the burden of having to testify at trial and admit in open court what had happened to him (and have a scumbag defense attorney cross-examine him).    

By the way, the father had very good aim (and composure) to get the guy in the ear while moving with his adrenalin pumping.  I'll bet that he planned and practiced this scenario during the extradition proceedings.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:05:25 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 8:47:36 AM EDT
[#12]
Just want to point out the key problem with this type of justice:  sometimes the accused is actually innocent.  I have no idea what the rate of false accusations in molestation cases are, but you'd feel pretty bad if you "offed" someone only to find out that (i) your kid just made the accusation to get attention, (ii) the detectives were a little too aggressive in interpreting your kid's description of what happened, or (iii) it was a case of mistaken identity.  All of those things have been known to happen.

I'm certainly not saying I think that's what happened in this case.  (In fact, IIRC it was pretty open and shut case, so I don't shed any tears for that guy.)  However, the reason we generally don't like people taking the law into their own hands in our society is that sometimes the vigilante turns out to be wrong.  When that happens, a single tragedy can turn into two tragedies.

Having said all of that, I've got no problem with putting child molesters in prison or mental institutions for life once convicted.  The residivism rate is large, and the crimes generally get worse -- especially since they don't want to get caught again, and there's usually only one witness...
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:00:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:07:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Small world.
Guy lived down my street when I was stil at home with parents.
The kid was a friend of my brothers...
I still do not believe it's natural for any man to pay to much attention to a kid who is not theirs. I believe this molester was a karate teacher or some shit and spent time alone with his students.
The dad didn't do any time if I remember correctly, and of course, at the time I was not thinking about the evil in the world (unless Black SAbbath counts).
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:35:18 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

The Constitution and Bill of Rights have got nothing to do with it.  The constitution and bill of rights prevent the government from doing certain things.  You have no "constitutional right" not to get shot by an angry father.

We are a "nation of laws" as provided for in the Constitution and not a nation of vigilantes. The problem with vigilante style justice is where does it end? Does the father of the dirtbag now have the right to exact his form of "personal justice" against the against the guy who killed the dirtbag?  

Quoted:
By the way, the father had very good aim (and composure) to get the guy in the ear while moving with his adrenalin pumping.  I'll bet that he planned and practiced this scenario during the extradition proceedings.  

The one or more LEO's who had physical custody of the dirtbag were inches away from being shot in the head as well. I think it was more luck then skill under the circumstances.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:49:27 AM EDT
[#16]
I love videos with happy endings.

I remenber seeing this on the news when it first happened. I thought it ruled then too.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:52:50 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
It depends what you mean by "got off". He plead guilty to manslaughter and under a plea agreement he received a term of probation as his sentence.

"A good shot" More like a lucky shot. He could have easily killed the FBI agent or LA LEO instead of the dirt bag.

Yeah whatever! No LEO's were hurt. The story has a happy ending and everyone was fine...well at least everybody but the fuck that should have been shot in the ear.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:07:03 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I let your first peanut-brained (nice avatar!) pst go by unremarked. But this second whinge just takes the fucking cake. Some matters of Personal Tragedy / Honor come BEFORE the f'n RKBA fight, you wanker.
THIS is the kind of treatment Nicole Brown's father should have given OJ.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:09:39 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
The one or more LEO's who had physical custody of the dirtbag were inches away from being shot in the head as well. I think it was more luck then skill under the circumstances.

More deliberate self-deluding idocy from you - this wasn't some fucking drive-by shooting - the shooter practically stuck his weapon in the target's EAR.

And you call it 'LUCK'. Your judgement is terrible.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:30:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I know I'm going to get flamed for this, but I think the father did the right thing, I would do the same.

No flames from me, but then I really liked this movie:

Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:40:52 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I let your first peanut-brained (nice avatar!) pst go by unremarked. But this second whinge just takes the fucking cake. Some matters of Personal Tragedy / Honor come BEFORE the f'n RKBA fight, you wanker.
THIS is the kind of treatment Nicole Brown's father should have given OJ.

Honor my ass. You don't know the meaning of the word. There is no honor in laying in wait and murdering someone who is handcuffed in cold blood.

I see you're just another Internet tough guy who has to resort to name calling to get his point across.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 4:38:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Tagged, because I can't watch it on my "user account."
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:05:39 PM EDT
[#23]
tag
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 5:16:31 PM EDT
[#24]
Nice shot!!
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:14:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Dad got off too!  

I'd love to see that again myself.

He got off?  Damn, that is awesome!

+1
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 11:43:44 PM EDT
[#26]
I just checked Wikipedia and it apparently didnt have a page about the shooter, Gary Plauche, so I started a really crappy one.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gary_Plauche

Yall make it better now.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top