Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:14:59 PM EDT
[#1]
As someone who's used to layin' it down as the OTHER half of a rythym section (drummer):

Way to play the bottom end DF!

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:29:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Outfuckingstanding!  
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:40:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Anyone can do covers, you arent anything until you have something original.

They might be decent lounge singers.

Do you play?  Covers aren't as easy as you think.  Covers are "woodsheddin'", payin' dues, and payin' the bills.

It's a long way to the top if you wanna rock 'n roll.

Thats great and all, its cool to listen to songs I like in a bar live when I am drunk, but as a paying consumer you arent shit until you are more then a copy cat.

And still, do you play an instrument?

And still, who friggin cares.  They suck until they get good and get some original music.  I could be Jimmy Page and still know they werent going anywhere until they got some original music.  If I want to listen to U2 or Iron Maiden, I will oh my gosh, listen to Iron Maiden or U2.  Copying is fine for bars like I said, you dont get signed by copying.  They are good for when I am drinking and dont mind a decent live band.  But as for good?  You cant judge that until you have something original.

They never said they were looking to be picked up by a record company. They're doing it for fun I believe.

I was just sharing, you know, no one forced you to listen to their remakes. Go out and listen to some U2 and Iron Maiden if you want.

If you are just sharing, dont be hurt when people tell you truth as opposed to what you thought they would do and love you for posting this.

Well.......... ok then.  

You're an asshole........  

How bout that ??

Can YOU do better ?  I highly doubt it, so if I were one to violate the CoC, which I'm not...  I'd tell you to go fuck yourself a little...

But I wouldn't say that of course, as I have respect for other human beings....  

Ohh, and I'd also tell you to grow the fuck up some.   It's really an enlightening experience.

I highly recommend it.

Fuckin big mouth, know it all kids  

Sounds good, btw, Fridge !

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:56:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Good job on those covers.  Nice and tight.  I'm an old Maiden fan from way back myself...

My old band used to play Killers.

edited to add:  UP THE IRONS!!!
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top