Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:24:37 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll take one if shipping's the same price as delivery charges for a Hyundai. I'm sure they could just put it on the next boat.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:25:55 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Here's my personal favorite of the Century Series fighters:

The Republic F-105 Thunderchief

gra.midco.net/mlgould/Jet%20Fighters/F-105F%20Thunderchief.JPG

The F-105 was powerful, fast and God awful LOUD!

<stupid redneck accent on>"That there sure is lots of buttons n stuff"<stupid redneck accent off>

Pat
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:35:02 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think Rodent would be a good canidate for the AR15.com Air Force as Squadron Commander

+1

And his stewardess friend could serve snacks in the two-seater F-104's

Agreed

I wanna see pics of her first!!!!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 1:47:47 PM EDT
[#4]
[TomCruise]Those are MiGs!!  What's an F-5?[/TomCruise]  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:24:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hell ya! Imagine the nightly news footage of a group out supersonic fighter jets chasing illegalsFienstien and drug smugglersKennedy all over the desert!!!

Fukin git some doggy! YA!

Fixed it for you!
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 5:25:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Those Starfighters are Immensely LOUD!

When I was stationed in Italy a Starfighter flew out of an airbase where I was awaiting transport from a C130.
For such a small aircraft it sure generated a loud of noise.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:40:38 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Those Starfighters are Immensely LOUD!

When I was stationed in Italy a Starfighter flew out of an airbase where I was awaiting transport from a C130.
For such a small aircraft it sure generated a loud of noise.

But when it does a high speed pass, it is unbelievably quiet until it gets past you. While stationed at RAF Lakenheath in the UK, working avionics on F-111Fs, I was able to catch an Air Fete at Mildenhall. There were two German marked F-104s, like pictured below, and possibly the same two. Anyway, they made a number of high speed passes, that were simply AWESOME. They called the F-111 whispering death in Vietnam, because they could sneek up on you, but these two were more like silent death.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 7:47:08 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
What does JP8 cost these days anyway?

Less than diesel........

I could park one in my front yard and scare the zombies with it.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 8:59:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I'd take the F-5, the F-104 is not a forgiving aircraft and is needs to be flown by a damn good pilot.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:01:42 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I'd take the F-5, the F-104 is not a forgiving aircraft and is needs to be flown by a damn good pilot.

Lets translate that shall we....

The F5 is an AIRPLANE

The F104 is a missle with a man in it. A POS aircraft with little manuverability, payload, usefullness, other than pure speed and killing pilots...
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:06:33 PM EDT
[#11]
It was customary for CF-104's to open the Abbotsford BC Airshow with a thundering pass at exactly the start time.  They would come out from behind the viewing area with a ROARRRRR.

The CF-104's had the nickname "The Widowmaker" amongst CDN Forces pilots.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:06:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Would you piss your pants to hold your spot in line for one of those?
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

piss in the dude's pocket in front of me.

Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:10:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Twice
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:15:59 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Here's my personal favorite of the Century Series fighters:

The Republic F-105 Thunderchief

www.ares.cz/obrazy/svoboda/Thunderchief%20F%20105.jpg

www.cloud9photography.us/chute/CHUTE44_Republic_F-105_Thunderchief_VA_ANG_PeterBLewis.jpg

www.eichhorn.ws/assets/images/republic_f105_thunderchief.jpg

gra.midco.net/mlgould/Jet%20Fighters/F-105F%20Thunderchief.JPG

The F-105 was powerful, fast and God awful LOUD!

I've heard them BOTH fly past me.

The F-104 was by far the loudest aircraft of the two of them.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:19:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
It was customary for CF-104's to open the Abbotsford BC Airshow with a thundering pass at exactly the start time.  They would come out from behind the viewing area with a ROARRRRR.

When Erich Hartmann and Gunther Rall flew it first for the Luftwaffe, they both concluded that quite a few pilots were going to die and they were quite correct.  

For those who don't know, Erich Hartmann on shot down a mere 352 aircraft and Gunther Rall a shabby 275 aircraft, both also flew the Bf-109 which killed more inexperienced pilots on landings/takeoff than combat did.   To say they were exceptional pilots is an understatement.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When Erich Hartmann and Gunther Rall flew it first for the Luftwaffe, they both concluded that quite a few pilots were going to die and they were quite correct.  

For those who don't know, Erich Hartmann on shot down a mere 352 aircraft and Gunther Rall a shabby 275 aircraft, both also flew the Bf-109 which killed more inexperienced pilots on landings/takeoff than combat did.   To say they were exceptional pilots is an understatement.

Exceptional? Probably the top 5 fighter pilots of all time. Bar none. Hell, I bet there wont ever be pilots as good at the old fashioned stick and rudder dogfights again. The F104 is a killer like the AV8A was.
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 9:56:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Exceptional? Probably the top 5 fighter pilots of all time. Bar none. Hell, I bet there wont ever be pilots as good at the old fashioned stick and rudder dogfights again. The F104 is a killer like the AV8A was.

The top 3, Hartmann (352), Barkhorn (301), and Rall (275) all flew in JG 52, Rall was Hartmann's Commander for a spell.

Rall was the best deflection shooter of them all, they say he even was better than Marseille.   Rall was an exceptional leader, he's got charisma in spades, a very smart pilot who knew his machine and knew his enemies.   He shot down Hub Zemke's wing man, another P-47, and nearly got Zemke himself, he ended up getting chased by the Wolfpack and a .50 round took off his thumb.

Hartmann was a farking machine!!!!  An exceptional pilot with outstanding eyesight, smart, almost ESP like ability to find the enemy, and an outstanding tactician who also valued his wingman's life more than a kill.  He also specialized in shooting down fighters flown by Russia's best pilots, his tally's on P-39's, LA-5's, and Yak's are staggering.  Between 1 and 20 August 1943, he carried out 54 combat sorties and shot down 49 Soviet aircraft.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 10:07:19 PM EDT
[#19]
for 100$ ill buy 10
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:35:53 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
www.globalsecurity.org/military/systems/aircraft/images/f-5f-DF-ST-92-00668.jpg

^^ Probably one of the planes for sale

Nope, that a F-5F.  The ones for sale are A and B model F-5s.

Here's ROKAF F-5A

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:49:11 AM EDT
[#21]
Those were F-5A's of the Malaysian Air Force in the movie BAT-21 also.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top