Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 10:08:45 AM EDT
[#1]
I go shooting alone alot . Always have a holstered .45 or .357 and always take my rifle with me down range to check targets .
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:16:01 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Good job, but the SKS is not an AK varriant.

Just goes to show how little I know about SKSs and AKs!
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:22:56 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
So was this your first time shooting stolen firearms?

Again, as with so many things in life, the Simpsons said it best.

Bart:     Whoa, can I try that (Nelson's new gun) sometime?
Nelson:   Yeah, sure.  Never hurts to have a second set of prints on a gun.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:41:56 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
You could have been mugged.

Although this range doesn't have a safety officer, it still is a popular place to shoot.  We were by no means alone.  There are at least 6 other groups shooting lots of guns and two other guys with ARs.

The "gangsta" group's shooting behavior was as described, but otherwise they were polite, respectful to all the other shooters, and eager to follow safety rules once taught to them.

BUT... if I include those details, the story isn't nearly so interesting!

As for my avatar... come on! That's the great Milton Waddams... the "corporate cubicle's" Willy Loman.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 2:57:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Bama just barely beat me to it.

I was just about to post, That Platt and Matix, the bad guys in the "Miami FBI Shoot Out", used to go out to remote ranges and shooting spots. befriend some shooter, then casually shoot him while he was reloading, Stealing his guns and his car, then usually dragging the body off into the brush.

I never go shooting at remote ranges alone, that I don't think of Platt and Matix and I always keep a loaded side arm.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:11:50 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
You could have been hugged.

Danged huggng ganstas.

Them are the worst.

Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:22:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I went shooting at an unmanned range about 30 miles from my house. When I arrived there was a gaggle (or is it covey, pod, flock...?) of gangstas "doin dat all up in der."

I'm not sure what the "gathering" would be called, but I will ensure you they cannot be found in schools! ( You know, like fish.....schools)  

B_S

Edited:  Cuz I do not type well and the joke did not go over as expected.
Link Posted: 8/14/2005 3:36:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I went shooting at an unmanned range about 30 miles from my house. When I arrived there was a gaggle (or is it covey, pod, flock...?) of gangstas "doin dat all up in der."

I'm not sure what the "gathering" would be called, but I will ensure you they cannot be found in schools!

Sure they can - dealing.

How you think they afford the guns and ammo??

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top