Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:11:01 AM EDT
[#1]
Showgirls, an American classic, really changed the way I look at professional showgirls - NOT!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:30:58 AM EDT
[#2]
IT WAS A WORK OF FICTION.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:43:59 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
IT WAS A WORK OF FICTION.

HUH???

I thought it was a documentary.

And of course a quote from the documentary...

AVENGE ME!
AVENGE ME!
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:47:52 AM EDT
[#4]
Training film.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:54:21 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I was also in my early teens when the movie showed (14-15) and the whole idea of playing in the woods and playing American mujhadeen against communist invaders (with Leah Thompson) was the ultimate fantasy.

+1 on all counts.

I voted "minor." Just a fantasy.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:56:55 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I also know that it's "only" a movie, but, do you think that could actually happen on the CONUS? Not being a smartass just trying to see if you guys think that a scenario like that could develope?

Yes its already happened 22 million are amongst us and we've already lost.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:29:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Wally World has featured The Day After in their el-cheapo DVD section for the past few months.  

The Militia of Montana sells the "Amerika" mini-series on their website.  Umm, at least that is what someone told me....
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:35:23 AM EDT
[#8]
It's no "Navy vs. the Night Monsters", but it's not bad...

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 6:42:13 AM EDT
[#9]
it appears to have influenced a few of our troops:

<--watched it last night, too.....
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:33:44 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Wally World has featured The Day After in their el-cheapo DVD section for the past few months.  

The Militia of Montana sells the "Amerika" mini-series on their website.  Umm, at least that is what someone told me....

Got a working link?

Everything Google showed me was a dead end.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:35:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I saw both. The one (a miniseries actually) to see was "Amerika."

I only liked the beginning of Amerika. It got a little too long and boring.

Wasn't really a shoot em up like Red Dawn. Probably a lot more accurate in it's depictions.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:47:02 AM EDT
[#12]
"Red Dawn"

I first saw the move while living in Scotland.  My thoughts at the time were, it's time to return to the United States.  Six months later, I did.  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:53:31 AM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:54:02 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wasn't really a shoot em up like Red Dawn. Probably a lot more accurate in it's depictions.

Especially the way some politicians and LEOs turned on us in order to cling to power. Yeah, the 2nd Amendment will never be outdated.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:04:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've never seen it.

WTF!?!?!

Let me say this again:

WTF!?!?!!

Chill out. Some of our brothers and sisters are, well, a little "different." They're people, too.

do you mean "challenged"? see it, it's for the children...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:05:12 AM EDT
[#16]
Red Dawn was a documentary, and the events happened in real time.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Political viewpoints in the movie?

Guns - GOOD
Commies - BAD
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 11:59:28 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Got a working link?

Everything Google showed me was a dead end.

I'm sure that I could find one, but I'm not about to look for one on this .mil laptop
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:04:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
oh jeeze, it's just movie, a fantasy.............. some of you people have  some serious issues with reality, if you take a movie as your  views of society and government. but then again this is AR15.com, where reality does not come into play with some of you.

Commie Pinko Symp!

Very influential movie.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Development of my views? Completely insignificant.  My views were held before I first saw the movie, and I'm not exactly the type to define my worldview by a Patrick Swayze/Charlie Sheen movie.

Great answer.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:06:08 PM EDT
[#21]

I liked, "Red Sonja".  She was hot back in the day.  For a 8 foot viking broad, that is.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 12:08:12 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
i was on vacation in canada at the time it came out.  my 1st PG-13 movie.  those canadians had no chance with 60 divisions coming thru AK.

It was the first pg-13 movie.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:25:09 PM EDT
[#23]
My $.02? It was the first hint I had that there were other people who thought like me. I almost wet my pants at the 4473 line. Remember, this was before the internet, when it was easy for somebody who loves freedom and has an appreciation of the historical inclinations of government to think himself unique.

As others have said,  my political philosophy was already largely formed. But seeing that somebody thought like I thought - and that millions of my fellow citizens plunked down their money to see a movie illustrate that philosophy - was a fine, fine thing.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 4:54:26 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I can enjoy movies that aren't "shoot em up" all the time. The story of this one just got hokey after a while.

Yeah, the takeover stuff, the dirty politicians, re-education camp, the guys brainwashed son,  was all good but I don't remember liking much more than that. Maybe I need to dig out the tapes and watch it again.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 5:18:06 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
oh jeeze, it's just movie, a fantasy.............. some of you people have  some serious issues with reality, if you take a movie as your  views of society and government. but then again this is AR15.com, where reality does not come into play with some of you.

Commie Pinko Symp!

Very influential movie.

Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top