BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:38:42 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I don't think so.  Class isn't something you buy or where you spend your money.

My wife and I are college educated and have made a lot of money at our jobs and we shop there all the time.

Ask them if they shop at Target - it has a different perceived level of clientele.

do you mean Targé?

What about Targhetto?  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:40:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
These stories about rich people living modestly depress the hell out of me.

"A cheap man can be rich but then what's the point?!"

To help others, to give their children things they never had. It's not always about "you"
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:40:48 PM EDT
[#3]
It costs me $5.00 in gas to go to Wal-Mart and back, in my Subaru. Travel time is 40 minutes minimum for the round trip. Albertson's, Safeway, Target and GI Joe's are across the street. For anything over $50.00, Costco kicks Wal-Marts ass and it's a little closer. Wal-Mart just doesn't work for me.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:47:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Another Wally World shopper here.  I don't see how detergent, kleenex, and TP work better if they're puchased at a higher priced store.

Some times Target will have a better quality item for a higher price.  Then I have to balance the price-quality equation.  I have the same thing with Home Depot and Menards.  If it's the same exact item, why pay more?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:48:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I don't think so.  Class isn't something you buy or where you spend your money.

My wife and I are college educated and have made a lot of money at our jobs and we shop there all the time.

Ask them if they shop at Target - it has a different perceived level of clientele.

I don't usually shop at Wally World because of the Chinese thing.  Their stuff used to be labeled "Made in America".  At least the textile goods.

I hate Target too.  It seems they have some connection with PETA and other liberal dips.  Ever see guns, ammo or decent fishing gear in Target?  I haven't here in NC.

I buy all my ammo at gun shows.  I try to make all my purchases for most goods at smaller mom and pop type businesses.  But those are getting harder to find.  I bought some lightweight Columbia fishing pants at a local fly shop a few months ago.  When I got home and really inspected them I observed that they were "Made in Vietnam".  Go figure.

SM

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:54:29 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

To help others, to give their children things they never had. It's not always about "you"

The previous posters never mentioned anything about giving money to others.  They only said they knew rich people who apparently never spend it.  

I would object to giving my kids a sizable sum of money.  That leads to spoiled brats.

I still can't see why a rich person would not enjoy at least some of the finer things in life, things not often found at Wal-Mart.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:07:22 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
It costs me $5.00 in gas to go to Wal-Mart and back, in my Subaru. Travel time is 40 minutes minimum for the round trip. Albertson's, Safeway, Target and GI Joe's are across the street. For anything over $50.00, Costco kicks Wal-Marts ass and it's a little closer. Wal-Mart just doesn't work for me.

COSTCO?  WTF?

Why?

Costco sucks!  They don't have anything decent saved for discounted Ralph Lauren jeans and that's about it.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:11:24 PM EDT
[#8]
only clothing you might catch me shopping for there for is boxers and socks. its far below me to shop there, its for the peasants not the elite like myself. no im not kidding.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:13:12 PM EDT
[#9]
It's their money.

Let them waste it at Nordstrom's.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:13:21 PM EDT
[#10]
YES IT DOES

Wal-mart locally is a magnet store for white trash and scumbags, drug dealing in the parking lot and the scumbags that take the bus to Wal-Mart simply throw there trash in the streets and on the sidewalk as they waddle back to wait on the bus.

Wal-Mart promised to "be a good neighbor to the community" and they have caused a traffic increase of at least 500% in this area.  They have done nothing to help and actually tried to get crosswalks to the park removed because it would increase the speed of losers driving to Wal-Mart. I am sure there is an increase in crime to follow the plague of scumbags they brought to the neighborhood.  Property values either fall or rise slower because if you have a Wal-mart within a few miles of your house it is the same as a project.

The place it dirty, the floors sticky and the service terrible.  I went in there a few times to look at ammo, the prices are not that great.  I guess if you think JC Whitney has good car parts, you might think wally-world is a great place to shop.

A tacky shithole store filled with chinese made shit and asshole help, I especially like the old assholes digging thru my shit as I try to leave.  Greeter my ass,,,,,,,,,,,,,Fuck WalMart
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:14:01 PM EDT
[#11]
I usually go to wally world between 9 and 10 on Saturday, before los migrantes.

I buy some groceries (not produce or meat there they suck) and some practice ammo.

I'm not a DINK- dual income no kids. I'm a SITKOM - single income, two kids, opressive mortgage.

My wife is a wonderful Lady who will forgo new curtains so I can get a two-stage trigger on my HBAR.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:15:42 PM EDT
[#12]
A friend was complaining about his brother, the brother is a millonaire and is very careful about how he spends his money. He doens't work anymore late 50's....I told him, he doens't have to work? that is because he is not wasting his money on stupid things....
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:17:01 PM EDT
[#13]
I go there if they have something that we need and it's the best price. All the ammo my kid uses for his USPSA/IPSC practice and matches is purchased at local Wal-Mart.

The wife will barely set foot in the place since we got a Target.

I get a kick out of going to Wal-Mart on a Friday or Saturday night. It's like the bar scene in
"Star Wars". So many missing chromozomes in most of the customer base.

As a result, even the moderately attractive women seem smoking hot!

Fun times,

Flyer
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#14]
does shopping at Neiman Marcus make you high class? of course not.

having said that - if you're already rich, the marginal difference you'd pay for toothpaste at wally worls vs. (insert high-end toothpaste store) isn't going to make or break you.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:19:56 PM EDT
[#15]
WalMart is mostly lower income people for customers, as far as I can see. They have a few items that I can't get elsewhere, but its generally a last ditch stop I'll make when I am looking for something. Too many of the clientele look like they walked in from the trailer park. I have heard that WalMarts trying to appeal to higher income shoppers now, but I think they have a long way to go to win people over.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:25:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are a "last resort" for me.

Most of the stores are populated by beached whales, drooling morons and people that don't have 2 brain cells to rub together.

If I HAVE to go it's in-out and *gone*.  I don't have the temperament to deal with that much concentrated human stupidity for long.

+1

It would appear as though you are so characterizing the majority of
those who have replied to this thread thus far.

Is that your intent ?
If not, how would you characterize ARFCOMers who shop at Wal Mart ?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:34:52 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

The previous posters never mentioned anything about giving money to others.  They only said they knew rich people who apparently never spend it.  

I would object to giving my kids a sizable sum of money.  That leads to spoiled brats.

I still can't see why a rich person would not enjoy at least some of the finer things in life, things not often found at Wal-Mart.

Cuz people are strange.....
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:35:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Shop for WHAT, is the better question...
Besides, I go to CostCo regularly anyways, so I'm happy with that.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:41:32 PM EDT
[#19]
I read a story about a guy getting beaten and robbed inside a WALMART , a lot of scum bags frequent WM

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:46:37 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sounds like your "friends" are a bunch of snobs.

I second that, i bull all sorts of things from Wally World from groceries to ammo

Go China!  Every dollar you spend gives a chinaman another bullet.  wake the fuck up.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#21]
it might be if you look forward to shopping there the same way some might a trip to bora bora. or if you spend the next few days afterward telling everone about the greart delas you found and how you saved $1.50 on a ten pack of dinty moore beef stew.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:00:43 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
YES IT DOES

Wal-mart locally is a magnet store for white trash and scumbags, drug dealing in the parking lot and the scumbags that take the bus to Wal-Mart simply throw there trash in the streets and on the sidewalk as they waddle back to wait on the bus.

Wal-Mart promised to "be a good neighbor to the community" and they have caused a traffic increase of at least 500% in this area.  They have done nothing to help and actually tried to get crosswalks to the park removed because it would increase the speed of losers driving to Wal-Mart. I am sure there is an increase in crime to follow the plague of scumbags they brought to the neighborhood.  Property values either fall or rise slower because if you have a Wal-mart within a few miles of your house it is the same as a project.

The place it dirty, the floors sticky and the service terrible.  I went in there a few times to look at ammo, the prices are not that great.  I guess if you think JC Whitney has good car parts, you might think wally-world is a great place to shop.

A tacky shithole store filled with chinese made shit and asshole help, I especially like the old assholes digging thru my shit as I try to leave.  Greeter my ass,,,,,,,,,,,,,Fuck WalMart

I don't know where to start with this stupid shit .   Dude , your an angry , bitter person and you need help .  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:02:33 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
YES IT DOES

I don't know where to start with this stupid shit .   Dude , your an angry , bitter person and you need help .  

people like him keep my wife in buisness.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 5:25:11 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Was at a party with freinds. Discussing where to get good deals and where we shop. I told them that Wal Mart usually has the best price on most stuff and I shop there often. They seemed shocked. They ask me sarcasticly that I must be kidding that I shop there. These are college educated people that make a lot of money. I aked them why don't they shop there? most of them replied that only the poor and lower class shop there.

Do you guys shop at Walmart?

Does it lower you social status to shop there?

When my children were small they had the best deal on formula and today they have great deals on motor oil  and filters.

Merely shopping at Wally world does not make you low class.

However, shopping at wal mart with a obese woman covered in tattoo's and wearing  a cheap tank top and no bra on (nipples sticking out 6 inches) would make you low class.

I see it almost every time I go in there.  

GR
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 10:26:43 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

COSTCO?  WTF?

Why?

Costco sucks!  They don't have anything decent saved for discounted Ralph Lauren jeans and that's about it.  

You're nuts deej. They have good prices on high quality food and houshold goods. Their selection matches any store around here. Their meat counter is unmatchable, locally. They also sell large containers and by the case. We save considerable money on personal hygiene products as well.

I don't buy clothes at either Walmart or Costco, I'm far too demanding to buy anything they sell. I know, because I've checked them both out.

We've been shopping around here for decades, we know the turf. We lean towards expensive, high end products because we've learned that they're worth the extra money.  We do our homework and don't settle for whatever happens to be on the shelf.

LaBunny is a shopping fanatic. She spends hours comparing ingredients, construction quality, materials, warranties and just aboiut every other aspect of a product before making a decision to buy something. I have to admit, I can sure see the difference. Most of our durable goods are over ten years old and still going strong.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:04:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Most of our clothes shopping is done at Marshall's or TJ Maxx.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

COSTCO?  WTF?

Why?

You're nuts deej. They have good prices on high quality food and houshold goods. Their selection matches any store around here. Their meat counter is unmatchable, locally. They also sell large containers and by the case. We save considerable money on personal hygiene products as well.

I don't buy clothes at either Walmart or Costco, I'm far too demanding to buy anything they sell. I know, because I've checked them both out.

We've been shopping around here for decades, we know the turf. We lean towards expensive, high end products because we've learned that they're worth the extra money.  We do our homework and don't settle for whatever happens to be on the shelf.

LaBunny is a shopping fanatic. She spends hours comparing ingredients, construction quality, materials, warranties and just aboiut every other aspect of a product before making a decision to buy something. I have to admit, I can sure see the difference. Most of our durable goods are over ten years old and still going strong.

If you're insistent on shopping membership clubs, why not just go to Sam's Club?  My family used to shop there for food, and they have great deals.  My dad still, I think, has a pair or two of the Sam's Club brand jeans!  They're very good.  

Expensive does not necessarily mean better.  Take aspirin for example.  Brand name aspirin(read Bayer) is like $6 at Walgreens.  The generic aspirin is like $1.59 at Walgreens.  

I've lived in the Chicago metro area all my life.  So have my parents, and we know the turf.

I may be just an uneducated teenager to you, but I know about shopping, and how to find a good deal.

But, what do I know?

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=353877
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:03:26 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
what jackasses.  Wally world has the best prices on ammo, along with tons of other stuff.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:04:37 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Geez ever wonder how Red China's Army got the $$$$$$$$ to modernize or their navy got it's "bluewater" capeabilitys $$$$$$$......??????

Off topic:  when the fuck did china get a blue water navy??!???!

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:05:05 AM EDT
[#30]
Walmart has good prices on some stuff, but the store is filled with critters. I see some of the strangest people I have ever seen at WalMart. I never see them anywhere else. Its almost like they come out of their critter holes just to go to WalMart.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:05:37 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
while they are snobbish pricks, I don't shop there either.....Its nicknamed China Mart for a reason.....hell I'm even of Chinese descent, but I'm an American damnit.

I just bought a 20" box fan from Walmart. It was MADE and ENGINEERED in the USA.

I also bought 500 rd of 9mm Luger JHP, made by WINCHESTER in the USA.
My 1000rd of 9mm Luger FMJ, was also made by WINCHESTER in the USA.
The Motorcraft FL-820-S oil filters I bought were made in the USA.

Wow, in 1 trip I bought a bunch of stuff from Walmart that was made in the USA. I didn't see any Chinese products though.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:06:45 AM EDT
[#32]
I shop whereever I want.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:07:15 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Do your "friends" stick their little pinkie finger out when they sip their beer...?

HEY NOW!!!

I've been known to do that from time to time.

I can't help it, it just happens.

I was royalty in a former life. Before I f'd up somewhere along the road and was sent down to all ya'lls level, shopping at wally world and such.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:09:16 AM EDT
[#34]
Low class is your own impression
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:13:18 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Was at a party with freinds. Discussing where to get good deals and where we shop. I told them that Wal Mart usually has the best price on most stuff and I shop there often. They seemed shocked. They ask me sarcasticly that I must be kidding that I shop there. These are college educated people that make a lot of money. I aked them why don't they shop there? most of them replied that only the poor and lower class shop there.

When my children were small they had the best deal on formula and today they have great deals on motor oil  and filters.

I think these people "your friends" are still stuck in the 10th grade

So are you the guy they would likely make fun of whenever you leave the room?
I doubt it, they sound too nice to do something like that.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:28:23 AM EDT
[#36]
I go to Wal-Mart all the time.  The one by me is quite nice.

I also buy whatever I want.  I don't really care what country its made in.  Wal-Mart pulls in something like 10 million bucks an hour or something ridiculous like that.  If every single person that's ever even REGISTERED on this site, stopped going to Wal-Mart today, ol Wallie world wouldn't even feel it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:35:22 AM EDT
[#37]
Costco=ANTI GUN

The PRIME reason I don't shop there. I shop at Sam's instead, and I can pack without a hassle.

I buy ammo, pool supplies, yard supplies and oil and filters from WallyWorld. If someone can beat their prices, show me.

They ALL have MADE IN U.S.A. on them.

Personally, I'm not  materialistic and pretentious enough to judge someone by their appearance or choice of shopping locations. I shop for VALUE-I'm not into just pissing away my money (well, except for the ammo)

I laugh that the same people who trash WallyWorld are likely wearing clothing made in some other foreign country. China, Viet Nam, Mauritania, Dominican Republic are STILL THE SAME no matter WHAT store you bought the goods from.

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#38]
I don't object to paying low prices at Walmart. But the shopping environment is the pits. Crowded, narrow aisles, the aformentioned riff-raff, bad staff, etc. I'd rather pay a bit more for a less grubby and annoying environment.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:00:01 AM EDT
[#39]
For me it is not the class of the people that shop at Walmart, but the quality of the store - the ones I have near me are terrible.

Last several times I have shopped there they have only had two checkout lanes open, each with more than a dozen people standing in line.  Checkout time has varied between 20 and 30 minutes.   I am sorry, but customer service like that is unexceptable.  It is not like they pay cashiers more than $5 or so an hour.  They are willing to waste 10-20 (cumulative) hrs of shoppers time for that.  I cry BS and shop elsewhere

I know why they do it, they are trying to encourage shoppers to shop less frequently and purchase more when they do.  I don't shop that way - so I shop elsewhere quite often.

That said, the gun guy there is usually not to busy, so it is possible to run in for ammo - but last time they were mostly out of stock of what I wanted (went in for 45, 9 and 223, they were out of 45 and 223, but did get a handfull of boxes of 9.

AS for the meat department - that just scares me.  One think I try not to get from the "Low cost bidder" is food.  All food is not created equal.  Course on the other hand, I raise most of my own beef, and in a round about way most of my pork as well.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:09:40 AM EDT
[#40]
Where else can I buy chuck eye steaks, Winchester 9mms, and run my cart over unsupervised muchachos all in one trip?

We have some people who go to church with us in the car bidnez, and once the wife said, "Oh, it's important to drive a nice car, people judge you by what you drive." (I kid you not). Since it's a badge of honor with me as to how long I can drive one I replied, "That's why I drive my clunker, wards off shallow people." Wife was not amused.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:10:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Yes.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:11:32 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
They are a "last resort" for me.

Most of the stores are populated by beached whales, drooling morons and people that don't have 2 brain cells to rub together.

If I HAVE to go it's in-out and *gone*.  I don't have the temperament to deal with that much concentrated human stupidity for long.

+1

It would appear as though you are so characterizing the majority of
those who have replied to this thread thus far.

Is that your intent ?
If not, how would you characterize ARFCOMers who shop at Wal Mart ?

That's not to say everyone who walks through the doors at all locations fit this description.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:12:47 AM EDT
[#43]
Like anyone can look at what someone's wearing and say "OhMYGod, you got that at Wal-mart."  No one can friggin' tell.

I shop at Target and I don't give a flying fuck what anyone thinks about it.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:13:35 AM EDT
[#44]
I only go to Wal-Mart when I need to beat the hell out of my kids as that seems to be the place to do it.

If they start to get out of line at home all I have to do is say  "Ok...you screwed up big time...get in the car, we're going to Wal-Mart"

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:14:56 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think these people "your friends" are still stuck in the 10th grade

Yup...Some people (like highschoolers and even some "grown ups") can only feel good about themselves when they're trashing someone else.
Pfft.
I shop where I want:
Walmart, Target, etc.....
As far as my "social status" what does that matter? Sorry...I'm in my late 30's and I ran out of giving a rat's ass somewhere around 33-ish...
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:17:09 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Like anyone can look at what someone's wearing and say "OhMYGod, you got that at Wal-mart."  No one can friggin' tell.

+2. I don't consider shopping at Wal-Mart to be "low class."

I hate to be rude, but it seems as if Wash-AR-15's so called "friends" are a bunch of jerkish people that don't appreciate a good bargain and look at wal-mart as a ghetto store.  

It's not "ghetto,"  
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:19:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:19:54 AM EDT
[#48]
Shopping at Wal-Mart does not make one low class.

It makes one support low wage jobs, with no benefits, puts locally owned businesses out of business who actually supported thier local communities, put's American workers out of work because they source 80% of their products from China, funds the Chinese military (who we will fight one day), and they sell water injected/nitorgen flushed meat.

Wal-Mart is the anit-christ.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:21:55 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

+2. I don't consider shopping at Wal-Mart to be "low class."

I hate to be rude, but it seems as if Wash-AR-15's so called "friends" are a bunch of jerkish people that don't appreciate a good bargain and look at wal-mart as a ghetto store.  

It's not "ghetto,"  

Not to launch into a morality lecture here, but being low class has nothing to do with where you shop or how much money you have; it's about how you act.  Paris Hilton and Britney Spears are prime examples of low class; they may be rich as hell but they STILL act like complete trash.  People who bring their kids into the store and smack them around would be another example of "low class".  I think I've made my point. [/rant]

And yes, Wash-AR-15 needs some new friends.  I left people like them behind a long time ago.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 9:22:03 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

If you're insistent on shopping membership clubs, why not just go to Sam's Club?  My family used to shop there for food, and they have great deals.  My dad still, I think, has a pair or two of the Sam's Club brand jeans!  They're very good.  

Expensive does not necessarily mean better.  Take aspirin for example.  Brand name aspirin(read Bayer) is like $6 at Walgreens.  The generic aspirin is like $1.59 at Walgreens.  

I've lived in the Chicago metro area all my life.  So have my parents, and we know the turf.

I may be just an uneducated teenager to you, but I know about shopping, and how to find a good deal.

But, what do I know?

archive.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=353877

Sam's Club is more like $10.00 in gas and an hour each way.

Trust me when I say that we don't spend anymore than we have to on products. We don't go paying $6.00 when we can pay $1.59. In our location, we have two Costco's that cover most of the items we use daily. One is an business/office supply outlet, the other is a more traditional Costco. They are both closer than the Wal-mart/Sam's Club stores and they stock the brands we prefer. If there was a Wal-Mart or Sam's Club nearby, that would change my options. But I'm not driving miles out of my way to save a few bucks I'm going to burn up in fuel anyway.

Wal-Mart never has some of the items I am looking for, .223 ammo being one of the things they never have. That's about the only thing they could offer that I would drive out there for. The nearest shop that sells .223 over the counter in cases is nearly a 3 hour round trip from here. They sell Black Hills ammo, which costs more, but delivers in performance.

Don't put words in my mouth. You don't really know what I think. Hell, I don't really know what I think. Don't make me fly to Chicago and beat you.

Damned uneducated teenage brats...you should drop by chat so we can abuse you more often.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top