Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:08:08 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
His son attends that school. He pays taxes to fund that school. He has legitimate buisness at that school. In no way shape or form was he trespassing.

Meeting those 3 criteria in no way exculpates one from committing criminal trespass on the grounds of a public school.  It might work that way in “Magical-Right-Wing-Bible-land”, but if the school’s located in America, weirdoes that feel the need to get arrested and spend the night in jail just to make a point won’t find themselves disappointed.  

A school official asks you to leave, it’s time to leave or face the consequences.  It’s in the law.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:09:22 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
His son attends that school. He pays taxes to fund that school. He has legitimate buisness at that school. In no way shape or form was he trespassing.

Meeting those 3 criteria in no way exculpates one from committing criminal trespass on the grounds of a public school.  It might work that way in “Magical-Right-Wing-Bible-land”, but if the school’s located in America, weirdoes that feel the need to get arrested and spend the night in jail just to make a point won’t find themselves disappointed.  

A school official asks you to leave, it’s time to leave or face the consequences.  It’s in the law.

Cant the school ask you to leave if you are a homosexual?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:11:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Those who live in Commie states should expect shit like this.  Wonder if this guy voted for John and Teddy?

Choose to live in MA, NY ,CA... you deserve it. Don't come cryin' to me dumbass. Move!
I left Kali 4 years ago. Just do it!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:14:42 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
The school is wrong for refusing to notify him AND for forcing acceptance of homosexuality on kids who are too young to form educated opinions on the matter.  But the post heading is very misleading...the guy wasn't arrested OR put on trial for wanting the school to notify him, he was arrested for not leaving when asked to.

Sorry, but as a parent, he had every right to be there.

No, he had no right to be there after being asked to leave by representatives of the school.  He did what he did to make a point, and I have no problem with that, but let's be honest:  he was arrested for trespassing, not for wanting the school to notify him.

Can the school blow off any concerned parent they want to, simply by asking them to leave?  Is that a valid position?

Whether you think it's a moral position is not the question:  they have a LEGAL right to do it.  

Bullsh*t!  Legal give me a break!
Come between me and my two boys and who is going to raise them and teach them and see how fast I would slap a lawsuit on them!  

Please leave because we don't like your point of view?  

Thought police!  Welcome to the police state!

enough...
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:16:55 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Its the law!  I love it!  What a dork!  

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:18:50 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cant the school ask you to leave if you are a homosexual?

Not if you pay taxes apparently - guess teh gheys will all be selling their homes and moving into the schools (since they're public property and all).

This guy should have made the cops TASER him before they took hime away - that really would have made headlines.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:20:09 AM EDT
[#7]
More military schools are needed. I'm getting tired of the homo tolerance bullshit.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:20:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:20:31 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
That article is obiously written from a perspective of support for the man (which I would), but he's being tried for refusing to leave when asked.  

That said... my child would be in another school within days of them telling me they didn't "have" to notify me.  I think it's amazing where we have let public schools go.  And these "same sex" family discussions are not even close to nessisary in KG.

Why the heck are we even discussing sexuality with Kindergarteners anyway?

We never even discussed that stuff until about 6th grade, and then it was simply about puberty and the changes our bodies were going through.  I don't ever remember anything further on the subject.  My belief is that sexual education is the PARENTs responsibility.  Unfortunately many parents do a poor job of it and then the school is looked to to fill the gap and this kind of stuff is what happens.

Exactly.  However, there are some things that should be left to the parents and others that should be left to the schools.  Let the parents teach them about the birds and the bees and let the schools teach them the 3 R's.  And teach them skills, like ironing, washing clothes, cooking etc.

As far as the dad getting arrested, last time I checked, schools are funded by John Q Public's tax dollars.  John Q Public has the right to know what his tax dollars are being used for.  John Q Public also has the right to question or criticize, as he sees fit, if he feels that the public education that his tax dollars are going to is insufficient or inappropriate.  So what's the problem?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:26:23 AM EDT
[#10]
School vouchers and headcount based fed/state matching funds.

This kind of crap stops instantly.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:29:12 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

To train them at the earliest possbile age to accept this homosexual bullshit.

FUCKING LIBERALS!!!  HUSHITS
FUCKING PUBLIC SCHOOLS hr

+1
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:30:10 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Meeting those 3 criteria in no way exculpates one from committing criminal trespass on the grounds of a public school.  It might work that way in “Magical-Right-Wing-Bible-land”,

Holy ****.

Magical right wing bible land?

You have issues.

but if the school’s located in America, weirdoes that feel the need to get arrested and spend the night in jail just to make a point won’t find themselves disappointed.  

Do you have kids?

I am guessing no.

So who does the parent call when the school violates state law and policy? Hmm?

Get a grip.

Some folks know what it is like to have to try and combat a bunch of f*cktards in a particular school just to make that school do what they are SUPPOSED to do by rule of the school board. Some folks, obviously, do not.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:30:34 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Have to start the brainwashing early for it to stick.

Teach them to be good little communists early!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:34:37 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:36:56 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Well gee-golly...whatever happened to the old complaint from teachers and school administrators that parents never showed up or took any interest in their children's educations?

Strange, isn't it? They lament lack of parental involvement, but then when a parent gets involved in a non PC way, suddenly they become trespassers.

Oh...I can only assume that they really mean parents should show up and support whatever BS the school is spoon feeding their children these days.

Now you are getting it!

Schools exist to SERVE. Not to treat us like SERVANTS. If the school cocks up like this one did, you can bet the principal and I would have a long talk were my child involved.

The sooner the public education system as it exists now goes bankrupt, the better!

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:40:16 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
someone please explain to me why in the hell sexuality straight or otherwise needs to be taught at that age? the kids have absolutely no concept of what is being taught and anything beyond "bad touch" is nothing more than pushing an agenda to appease a group.

Because they didn't discuss sexuality........its showed a gay couple with children fixing dinner
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:44:12 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
someone please explain to me why in the hell sexuality straight or otherwise needs to be taught at that age? the kids have absolutely no concept of what is being taught and anything beyond "bad touch" is nothing more than pushing an agenda to appease a group.

Because they didn't discuss sexuality........its showed a gay couple with children fixing dinner

And that obviously sent Mr. Parker into a state of rage or arousal.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:46:29 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
So who does the parent call when the school violates state law and policy? Hmm?

You're right.  He had no other recourse but to spend a night in jail.  

It's so... crystal clear when you put it that way.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:50:24 AM EDT
[#19]
More bullsh*t created by the bad idea that schools should be publicly funded.  

Shut down the public school system -- for the children.  

- CD
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:51:09 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Uh huh.  They have a mission.  The mission is to get them used to thinking that seeing two fags with kids is okay (it isn't).  Then later they might ask about the sex issue.  Do the schools then tell them that butt-sex and homosexuality will put them in a HIGH RISK GROUP to get Aids?

i doubt that it is ever mentioned.

Meanwhile they will tell kids drugs are bad but homosexuality is okay.  Well, homosexuality is more dangerous then drugs.

SGat1r5
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:54:29 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

The state now wishes to impose probation upon Parker, along with other restrictions — such as banning him from Lexington school properties without prior written permission from the superintendent of schools. This means he is barred from places to vote, as well as school committee and parent-teacher meetings.

Oh great.  Let's not let this dad question the school, but let's also ban him from his right to vote(assuming the school is in his voting "precinct" and let's ban him from letting him talk to his teacher about his progress in that so called "learning environment"

That's gonna solve the problem right there isn't it?

They need to seriously RE-EVALUATE the public school system and make it EFFECTIVE!
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:56:25 AM EDT
[#22]
The apocalypse is near my freinds.  To say that the morals of people these days are heading down the toilet is an understatement.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:57:26 AM EDT
[#23]

such as banning him from Lexington school properties without prior written permission from the superintendent of schools

Sounds like a reasonable precaution on the part of the school system. Assuming he wouldn't seek or couldn't be able to obtain written permission, he could vote absentee and hold Parent/Teacher conferences off site or via other means.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:57:29 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Well, I guess this pretty much shows what happens when only the most mediocre people in society end up teaching.

Yeah.... that's the deal.  

Hey, like it or not, teaching is quickly becoming the realm of the (former) mediocre student.  With the bullshit they have to put up with and the relatively low salaries compared to non-teaching jobs, it's hard to attract quality people to the profession.  The latest batch of new schoolteachers (and I know them, after all, I grew up with them) tend to be lacking in brains or ambition.  The phrase "that asshole is going to be teaching someone's children?" comes up in conversations with old high school friends more and more these days.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 8:59:30 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
You're right.  He had no other recourse but to spend a night in jail.  

It's so... crystal clear when you put it that way.

I never said that.

I DID say that expecting a school official to respond to a PARENTAL concern is in no way unreasonable. If school officials are too busy to respond to legitimate parental concerns, then they need to be fired.

Personally, I would have left the principal's office and gone directly to the school board's offices and had a long talk with the superintendent. But I suppose he could decide that he had better things to do and have me arrested for trespassing too, right?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:00:30 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

such as banning him from Lexington school properties without prior written permission from the superintendent of schools

Sounds like a reasonable precaution on the part of the school system.

You, sir, are out of your mind.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:01:09 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Uh huh.  They have a mission.  The mission is to get them used to thinking that seeing two fags with kids is okay (it isn't).  Then later they might ask about the sex issue.  Do the schools then tell them that butt-sex and homosexuality will put them in a HIGH RISK GROUP to get Aids?

i doubt that it is ever mentioned.

SGat1r5

Of course not........they would then be dicussing sex.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:03:28 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
Hey, like it or not, teaching is quickly becoming the realm of the (former) mediocre student.  With the bullshit they have to put up with and the relatively low salaries compared to non-teaching jobs, it's hard to attract quality people to the profession.  The latest batch of new schoolteachers (and I know them, after all, I grew up with them) tend to be lacking in brains or ambition.  The phrase "that asshole is going to be teaching someone's children?" comes up in conversations with old high school friends more and more these days.

Someday I am going to have to go into the building that houses the "education" program with a digital camera and show everyone exactly what they are "teaching" these future teachers.

Unless you have seen their cirriculum and been in some of their classes, you have NO idea the level of indoctrination being perpetrated.

Gender reversal exercises, forbiding the use of gender specific phrases, and "multiculturalist" training (white people are wrong and responsible for evil in the world) is only the BEGINNING of the horrors I can show you.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:04:27 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you are invited by the school to discuss the matter and reach a conclusion on school property.  You disagree with their position and they ask you to leave, even though the matter is not settled.  There is no indication that he was combative, nor hostile.  It is simply stated that he would not leave when asked.

When a school official has invited me to a meeting I will attend the meeting until such time as the matter is resolved to my satisfaction, or we both agree to table the meeting agenda.

A public official employed by the school board has a duty to respond to the concerns of the parents when those concerns are legitimate.

As noted, there was no disturbing the peace or other "combative" charges listed.....so it SOUNDS like the principal had him removed for disagreeing with him.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#30]
In most schools you MUST check in with the principal's office as you enter campus.

I wonder if he did that.

If he did than it is clear he never tresspassed.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:07:26 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
In most schools you MUST check in with the principal's office as you enter campus.

I wonder if he did that.

If he did than it is clear he never tresspassed.

Sgat1r5

Sounds like he did, but then wouldn't leave.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:07:39 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
As noted, there was no disturbing the peace or other "combative" charges listed.....so it SOUNDS like the principal had him removed for disagreeing with him.

If the man was violent, out of control, and gave reasonable cause for the principal to fear for his safety, then go ahead and charge him.

If, however, the father was just insistent and the principal was being a real d*ck about things (which those who have had to deal with jerk principals will understand. Like my parents who were told that my younger brother was to blame for the three bullies who busted his head open with a rock. He was too "outgoing" for his own good, you see, and if he would just change his personality these three bullies would resume tormenting some of the other dozens of kids they terrorized regularly and would leave him alone..) then the principal ought to be fired.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:10:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Tenth Plank: Government control of education
(viii) Education of all children, from the moment they can leave their mother's care, in national establishments at national cost. Education and production together. br> - Frederick Engels, The Principles of Communism

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:11:29 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

So you are invited by the school to discuss the matter and reach a conclusion on school property.  You disagree with their position and they ask you to leave, even though the matter is not settled.  There is no indication that he was combative, nor hostile.  It is simply stated that he would not leave when asked.

When a school official has invited me to a meeting I will attend the meeting until such time as the matter is resolved to my satisfaction, or we both agree to table the meeting agenda.

A public official employed by the school board has a duty to respond to the concerns of the parents when those concerns are legitimate.

So the parent can just sit in the principal's office till he get what he wants?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:14:45 AM EDT
[#35]
It would be nice if any of this liberal crap taught to kids for the last forty years acually improved
society.

But those of us that have been around for a while know that the exact opposite is true.

This isn't the first parent and won't be the last that will be told to shut up and leave
because the "school" knows what is best concerning your children.

As is seen on this board over and over, many have been indoctinated and they don't even know it.

I truly am sad at the America that I'm leaving for my six Grandchildren.

GM

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:16:03 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

When the school violates its own policy (or state law) what exactly should the parent do? Be dismissed when no resolution has been proposed?
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:17:27 AM EDT
[#37]
Massachusetts is a toilet.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:18:25 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Why not?

Apparently a school can kick a parent out so they can get what they want.

Sounds like the parent was more concerned about the kid then the school was.

The father was protecting the child from immoral and detrimental behaviour while the school was teaching it.

I'll say it again.

The principal, teachers, and all of the school board should be arrested for sexuall harrassement and child endangerment.

Homosexuality KILLS.

SGat1r5
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:20:10 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
It would be nice if any of this liberal crap taught to kids for the last forty years acually improved
society.

But those of us that have been around for a while know that the exact opposite is true.

This isn't the first parent and won't be the last that will be told to shut up and leave
because the "school" knows what is best concerning your children.

As is seen on this board over and over, many have been indoctinated and they don't even know it.

I truly am sad at the America that I'm leaving for my six Grandchildren.

GM

The school doesn't know sh*t.

The parents know what is best.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:20:11 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That article is obiously written from a perspective of support for the man (which I would), but he's being tried for refusing to leave when asked.  

That said... my child would be in another school within days of them telling me they didn't "have" to notify me.  I think it's amazing where we have let public schools go.  And these "same sex" family discussions are not even close to nessisary in KG.

Me thinks:

It is not about sexuality per-say.  It seems someone though it would be a good idea to explain to the  kids why some people don't have a mommy and daddy like they do.  Or--> to prevent the ostracizing of children who don't have a classic nuclear family.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:22:17 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
Me thinks:

It is not sexuality per sess it someone though it would be a good idea to explain why some people don't ahve a mommy and daddy like they do.  Or--> to prevent the ostracizing of children who don't have a classic nuclear family.

That is how it is charachterized in "diversity" training too. It is utter balderdash. The traditional family is the odd one these days, not the other arrangements.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:22:27 AM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
Or--> to prevent the ostracizing of children who don't have a classic nuclear family.

right...because that would be suggesting the hetrosex and marriage is a good thing.

And we can't have that now can we?

SGt1r5
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:22:52 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
I have read that for every child pulled out of public school and sent to private/home school, the school system loses funding - since it is based on number of students attending.  So, homeschooling not only educates your child better, it is a very real blow against the system, right where it hurts the most.  

This is why CA public schools are trying to force kids back by persecuting homeschool families.  Familes that comply with the law (which is a notification the child is homeschooled) are threatened with having their children taken away for neglect.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:23:15 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

The way I see it the principal got tired of dealing with the guy so she had him arrested.  All other factors aside I think she handled it poorly and is showing a certain level of arrogance and stubbornness.  His requests on face value are not unreasonable, yet she has decided to dismiss them outright and will not budge. Obviously, this frustrated him immensely, to the point where the conversation went something like this:

"I'll call the cops if you don't leave."
"Call them."

Is it his fault for being arrested? Yep, he pretty much asked for it.  Is it her fault for being arrogant and stubborn? Yep, she's not exactly making a good name for herself here.  I've come to the understanding that some school administrators are mini-tyrants that seem to think that their authority over children extends to authority over everyone.  I just kind of see it as a sad little world of self-importance that they live in.

Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Me thinks:

It is not sexuality per sess it someone though it would be a good idea to explain why some people don't ahve a mommy and daddy like they do.  Or--> to prevent the ostracizing of children who don't have a classic nuclear family.

I understand that it is not "conventional" sexual education.  But it is discussing sexuality,  and it shouldn't be taught until the students are mature enough to understand it.  

Five years old is not old enough to discuss this topic.  
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Reminds me of when my 2nd grader came home with an anti-gun shirt the kids were supposed to wear at a "manditory" rally at school to honor some asshat from the Klinton administration.  I raised hell with the school, and kept my kid out for the day.  Only a few other parents took notice. And BTW, knowbody told me shit in advance.

I would have sent him with a pro gun shirt.  ANd a not eexplaining that I don't give the shcool permission to use him for political statements.   I'd drop another copy off in person.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:25:34 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
I've come to the understanding that some school administrators are mini-tyrants that seem to think that their authority over children extends to authority over everyone.  I just kind of see it as a sad little world of self-importance that they live in.

Aha! Somebody gets it!

Souns like someone who may have had to deal with a nutstick exactly like the principal in this story!

Those who have faced the beast have learned to recognize it when they see it.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:27:40 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Or--> to prevent the ostracizing of children who don't have a classic nuclear family.

right...because that would be suggesting the hetrosex and marriage is a good thing.

And we can't have that now can we?

SGt1r5

I'm not defending the parents*.   It would just suck for the kid, who has no control over the situation, to get dumped on for the action of her parents.  That is probably what the school was attempting to address. **

* Or whatever they may be.

** their milege may vary.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:28:00 AM EDT
[#49]
If the judge is worth a shit, he'll burn the prosecutor for bringing a trespassing charge; I would certainly be interested to see how Massachusetts defines criminal trespass in their criminal code.

If Parker has any balls, he'll let the whole sorry crowd know that his request for notification stands.  A sharp attorney ought to be able to cook up an equally BS counterclaim that the school is abusing the child.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 9:28:21 AM EDT
[#50]
Now this just pisses me off.  In no way shape or form, would I tolerate one of my children being taught that is okay to be gay, and or marry a person of the same sex.  What right does the school have to teach that to children, it sounds to me like this guy is a dad trying to be a parent.  Instead of arguing with him, the school should thank him for stepping up and taking care of his kids.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top