Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:33:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Ammo in the left, guns in the right...

Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:29:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Anybody have a Zannotti?

I like the idea of being able to take it apart and move it if needed.

Down side is they are not fire rated (I think)
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:38:14 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v439/osprey21/101.jpg

OMG, so thats where all the Thomspons went!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 4:44:14 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like this thread has lost interest, but here's my pics.  I've only been collecting now for about 4 months, so I've still go along way to go, but here is what I have now.

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/4173/hide5sg.jpg

http://img294.imageshack.us/img294/5185/show1bu.jpg

Safe, or I should say locker, is a 10 gun Stack-On.  I went with it because it is the only thing that would fit where I wanted it to go, in my closet.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 5:40:42 PM EDT
[#5]

Liberty RULES!

The thing not only gives great protection for the guns, but the paint is nivcer than my car's!!

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 6:58:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Mateomasfeo, Is that some sort of a covering on the whole inside of your door?  Then you have some sort of velcro holsters or something you can stick anywhere you like?

I have been thinking of moving some pistols to the door of mine but I had only found "pegs" that I could position and screw on from behind.

I'll have to tidy mine up soon and get some pics and post them I guess.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:07:23 PM EDT
[#7]
I've got a Sentry 14 gun that is absolutely crammed tight.

Will see if I can post a pic tomorrow.    3 AR15s, 1 AR10, a 300WinMag, Rem 870, Marlin 871 22lr., an ALS 50BMG upper assembly, and an SKS pretty much crams it tight for where rifles are stored.    The top shelf has my 6 N-frames, 1911, and a Ruger MK2 on it and it too is full.

I'm gonna get a 2nd one soon and join the two together bolting them together in several spots, that should make it very difficult to haul the thing out regardless of if I bolt the thing down or not.

I'd rather have 2 smaller safes than one large one, easier for me to move 2 safes in a move then bolt them together once at a new place(can sneek them in easier too) than try to move one massive bastard in.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:26:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Ugly, that is exactly my plan as well. I bought a 28 gun Cannon which is quickly running out of space, and now I am looking at getting another one. Put them side by side and bolt them together.  No way anyone could get them out of the house......
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:37:41 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Mateomasfeo, Is that some sort of a covering on the whole inside of your door?  Then you have some sort of velcro holsters or something you can stick anywhere you like?

I have been thinking of moving some pistols to the door of mine but I had only found "pegs" that I could position and screw on from behind.

Just like these....  

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 9:19:00 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Looks like this thread has lost interest, but here's my pics.  I've only been collecting now for about 4 months, so I've still go along way to go, but here is what I have now.

img294.imageshack.us/img294/4173/hide5sg.jpg

img294.imageshack.us/img294/5185/show1bu.jpg

Safe, or I should say locker, is a 10 gun Stack-On.  I went with it because it is the only thing that would fit where I wanted it to go, in my closet.

I've got the same thing.  Didn't want to risk a 1200 lb safe on a third floor apartment.  You might want to get one of the four-gun handgun racks from Basspro.  Fits nicely on one of the shelves and allows you to put four handguns on the shelf safely.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:04:21 AM EDT
[#11]
Maybe a Stackon is the way to go for ammo storage!
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:12:29 AM EDT
[#12]
I am such a lightweight  Good thing I got a new job so I can buy more guns.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:44:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Duplex..renting
Check what kind of framing you have if you intend to locate your safe on a framed floor.
A total load of 500 lbs over a 2'x3' area is 83 pounds per suare foot.  The code required load for residential is 40 pounds per square foot in most areas.  If going to move safe down framed stairs, check the capacity of the stairs.
Home builders build homes (unless they are a custom home) to the bare essentials.  Things like gun safes are not figured into the equation.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:47:40 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
I've got a Sentry 14 gun that is absolutely crammed tight.

Will see if I can post a pic tomorrow.    3 AR15s, 1 AR10, a 300WinMag, Rem 870, Marlin 871 22lr., an ALS 50BMG upper assembly, and an SKS pretty much crams it tight for where rifles are stored.    The top shelf has my 6 N-frames, 1911, and a Ruger MK2 on it and it too is full.

I'm gonna get a 2nd one soon and join the two together bolting them together in several spots, that should make it very difficult to haul the thing out regardless of if I bolt the thing down or not.

I'd rather have 2 smaller safes than one large one, easier for me to move 2 safes in a move then bolt them together once at a new place(can sneek them in easier too) than try to move one massive bastard in.

i like the 2 safe idea as well, but do you think drilling holes in the side and bolting them together will f up the fire rating and the warrenty?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:50:21 AM EDT
[#15]
Check with local FFL's to see where they got their safes.
I found a local farmer that sells gun safes as a side business.
He keeps an inventory and was much lower than the local  chain sporting goods store and the local safe company for the same brand.  He also delivered and wheeled to the basement.  Delivery was extra with the other places or no delivery and delivery meant to your driveway only.
I also found a local FFL that sells safes.  When he gets orders totaling 5 safes or more, he places the order.  The safe company drop ships them to each person that ordered.  All you have to do then is get it inside.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:56:19 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

,......are those 21's on the right?,..,..are those 100rd drums?

willing to adopt me and will me jsut one?
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:57:10 AM EDT
[#18]

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:20:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#20]

Does anyone notice anything a bit odd about this add for a Liberty GUN Safe from Costco:

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:53:41 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Does anyone notice anything a bit odd about this add for a Liberty GUN Safe from Costco:

www.costco.com/Images/Content/Product/729244L_v1.jpg

It doesnt have any guns. They have to be "PC", everyone knows people put their wine in "gun safes".
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 4:59:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Costco promotes those safes as "Executive Safes", so thats why there are no guns in there.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 5:41:51 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Costco promotes those safes as "Executive Safes", so thats why there are no guns in there.

The problem with costco selling them as "Executive Safes" instead of gun safes is you don't have to pay sales tax on a gun safe, you would on one labeled "Executive Safe"
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 12:36:06 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like these....  

img147.imageshack.us/img147/9218/safedooredited2qz.th.jpg</a>

If you don't mind saying, what are they called and where did you buy it?
It would free up a lot of space in my overcrowded safe.

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 4:30:35 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just like these....  

img147.imageshack.us/img147/9218/safedooredited2qz.th.jpg</a>

If you don't mind saying, what are they called and where did you buy it?
It would free up a lot of space in my overcrowded safe.

They are called Pistol Pockets by Acorn Enterprises.  I purchased the package with I got my safe from Lone Star Gun Safes here in Houston (Spring actually).  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:29:45 AM EDT
[#26]
I have a Liberty Centurion.  I'm in the same situation you're in, so I couldn't get a big safe like I wanted.  The smaller Centurion weighs 400lbs empty, and is 24" x 60.5" x 20" and "holds" 17 guns.  It actually dosen't hold 17 guns, its just has 17 notches (unless you coung 17 bangsticks as guns...) but its still pretty roomy.  I got it for around $650+delivery, which was like $200 to move it into the apartment.  
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:37:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Hey, I can read...here're my  Sentry  safes:

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 6:52:46 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Heres a few I just took... just in time for this thread to run its course?  

Link Posted: 8/6/2005 9:26:51 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Wow.  Just wow!
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#31]
Mine's starting to look empty but I'm happy with what I have.

Stack-On 16 gun (yeah right) safe.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:23:31 AM EDT
[#32]
These are all BBA* of course

Zannotti Armor ZA-2.  Which I had bought the 3 now, but you live and learn.
This is a 6 piece you put together.   Took me and my brother just to get the
door on, but wonderful when you don't live on the ground floor!

The safe isn't bolted to the floor, but since you can't get it through any of my doorways when assembled I'm not worried!

*Before Boating Accident
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:35:22 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

www.rwhitehill.net/safe/2.jpg
www.rwhitehill.net/safe/3.jpg

Have you tried bumbing that 50 under water yet?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:50:51 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Can I come over & play with those toys/? PLEEEAAASSSE!
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:54:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:57:57 AM EDT
[#36]
I made my own storage locker from a foot locker.

Improvements include car frame cross bar with trailer lock, hammerite paint job and angle iron bolted to the floor.

Sorry, no pics of the inside, but we put in 2 shelves and a rifle rack with carpeting.  It's not exactly a safe, but it plays one on the Internet.

-White Horse

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:59:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Here is my sentry safe...

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:13:12 AM EDT
[#38]
How much space do I need above the safe for the delivery guys to locate it properly?

I'm looking to put a safe in the space beneath my stairs (I'm building a closet underneath the steps at the same time, closet faces the same direction as the steps, the safe will face to the side of the steps, so height and width are limited, but I've got a lot of room for depth). Every inch I need above the safe reduces the width of the safe I can install by about 1-2".

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:31:18 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
How much space do I need above the safe for the delivery guys to locate it properly?

I'm looking to put a safe in the space beneath my stairs (I'm building a closet underneath the steps at the same time, closet faces the same direction as the steps, the safe will face to the side of the steps, so height and width are limited, but I've got a lot of room for depth). Every inch I need above the safe reduces the width of the safe I can install by about 1-2".

Kharn

They usually move them with something like a refrigerator mover, so they can just "slide it" into place.  So, measure out the space and compare it to the safe exterior dimentions on the various safe manufacturer's websites.  Then, when you get your safe, have it delivered by the professionals that do it for a living.  It ain't cheap, but these guys move these big-assed safes day in and day out.  Messing up your back (or worse) trying to save $250 to move the 1000lb safe isn't worth it.  
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:43:43 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
They usually move them with something like a refrigerator mover, so they can just "slide it" into place.  So, measure out the space and compare it to the safe exterior dimentions on the various safe manufacturer's websites.  Then, when you get your safe, have it delivered by the professionals that do it for a living.  It ain't cheap, but these guys move these big-assed safes day in and day out.  Messing up your back (or worse) trying to save $250 to move the 1000lb safe isn't worth it.  

I'm already staring down the barrel of shoulder surgery, so I'm definitely paying the pros to move it.  I could have them put it in from the gun room (if their dolly moves the safe with the door facing opposite the direction of travel; this might not get the safe recessed very far in the alcove, I'd like to be able to put a door up to conceal the safe) or if they could use a few pieces of pipe as rollers (since the closet isnt built yet either) slide it in from the basement sideways.

Here's a picture of what I'm thinking of:

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 9:58:57 AM EDT
[#41]
Here's my Heritage, all 990 lbs. worth.

and...

and the ammo locker...

Danny
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 12:10:48 PM EDT
[#42]
Something that has bothered me regarding safe location - what happens if a pipe busts while you are away?  I live in the north, and frequently travel.  Occasionally you'll hear horror stories of somebody who knows somebody who came home to find their basement full of water due to something poping while they were away.   Anyone have any thoughts on this?  The reason I ask, is because I am wondering if it would be better to move the safe back upstairs.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:31:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Here is a couple pics of my safe. Please pardon the photos I suck at it.
dirtyharry45

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/dirtyharry45/safe001.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v725/dirtyharry45/safe002.jpg
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:34:09 PM EDT
[#44]
here you go

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:41:10 PM EDT
[#45]
tag
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:44:50 PM EDT
[#46]
This count?

Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:47:08 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
This count?

... Boooooooooooooo

... Hissssssssssssssss

... But I'll give ya one for thinking outside the box (no pun intended)
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:49:19 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Here is a Stack-On safe I have.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/BRF/Safeonesmaller.bmp
img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/BRF/SafeInsidesmaller.bmp

Here is what was in it before the jet ski flipped.
img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/BRF/97b77ade.bmp
img.photobucket.com/albums/v642/BRF/Smallonessmaller.bmp

Why keep a spoon in your safe?

p.s. I like the CZ75 or is that two CZ75's?
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 7:55:22 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Something that has bothered me regarding safe location - what happens if a pipe busts while you are away?  I live in the north, and frequently travel.  Occasionally you'll hear horror stories of somebody who knows somebody who came home to find their basement full of water due to something poping while they were away.   Anyone have any thoughts on this?  The reason I ask, is because I am wondering if it would be better to move the safe back upstairs.

Yes, I have a thought.  If you live where it gets that cold, turn off your water and open the valve the furthest back from the water main.
Link Posted: 8/7/2005 8:20:56 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
The truth is this. A safe can be moved as easily as a refrigerator. What you are looking for is something to keep the average thief from getting your guns. Keep your mouth shut and don’t advertise you have guns is one of the safest ways to keep them. A thief who knows you have a safe will come prepared to get into or move it out via a dolly. Bolting it down just helps keep them from moving it forcing them to bring cutting tools.

But lets post pics of our safes on the web.  With the doors wide open,  opps!
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top