Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 11:51:21 PM EDT
[#1]
1: The original post made it seem like the g/f wanted to try eating meat.  Don't push the girl, she'll decide if she wants to try a meat or fish, etc.

2: persons without prior carniverous ventures will become ill after taking part in such meals, and will likely remain vegetarian/ vegan.

On another note:

1: fat is one of man"s great friends, learn to love it... harness the power!!

2: bacon is more of a flavoring agent than anything else, used in chowders, sauces and a bizillion recipes around the world.  Good bacon should be smokey and fairly thick, get a quality cut of pork belly from your butcher as advised above.  If you cannot get along with bacon, see above as well()

Edit for 3:  most cooked meats are not harmful to a human, it's in how you prepare the meat.  raw meats are very tasty when prepared as carpaccios and tartares etc.  

Synopsis:  Meat Good.

--VT  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:05:46 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
FWIW, my girlfriend won't eat red meat or (most) pork but she loooooves bacon.  Shit man, everyone loves bacon.  Anyone who tells you otherwise is from friggin Mars.  That might be a good intro.

I love meat but I hate bacon. Bacon is just a bunch of fat with a little meat on the side - I want meat, not fat.

Blasphemer!!!! Bacon is the 'Ambrosia' of the Gods,now bow before the alter and repent!!!.....
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 1:13:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Is she Vegan like "I won't eat any animal products because I respect other species rights!!!" vegan?

Or just a "I won't eat meat because its icky" type?

If the former, RUN.

This is very good question.  You need to ask WHY she is a vegie, and take it from there.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:39:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Just grill up a 20oz porterhouse med-rare, and sit it down in front of her, and be like

Welcome to the Top of the Food Chain!

j/k,

what kind of vegetarian is she?

No eggs? No Fish?

Link Posted: 8/5/2005 6:42:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Don't force it on her.  She will not like it or you for it.  Introduce it slowly.  Tell her just to lick and taste for a while.  Then once she is used to it, have her suck on the meat for a while.  This allows her to get used to it some more.  Eventually she will be used to the taste and will swallow.  

Mean people suck.  Nice people swallow.  
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:43:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Just grill up a 20oz porterhouse med-rare, and sit it down in front of her, and be like

Welcome to the Top of the Food Chain!

j/k,

what kind of vegetarian is she?

No eggs? No Fish?

they arent super strict -- she eats eggs, drinks milk.  all that stuff.  they just dont eat meat.

in order to prevent her from getting sick i'd probably only let her have a little piece at first.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 7:49:17 AM EDT
[#7]
accept her as she is or move on.
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:02:46 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Just tell her " You can't have any pudding if you don't eat your meat!!"

"How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat??"
Link Posted: 8/5/2005 8:35:30 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

they arent super strict -- she eats eggs, drinks milk.  all that stuff.  they just dont eat meat.

in order to prevent her from getting sick i'd probably only let her have a little piece at first.

That's good, she'll probably adapt better than someone with no protien in their diets.

As said before, don't push.  It might help to expain to her that her body will have a hard time digesting it since she didn't get used to it, so she doesn't go to fast.  

But if she wants to try, help her.  

It's going to start out as a little rich for her, though.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top