Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:44:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Tag for later.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 1:46:17 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
man, i wish this guy did video stories...

Three's plenty of video at the blog. It'll say "Video" after the title, just click on it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:11:47 PM EDT
[#3]
Bump for todays story, awesome read. Gates of Fire
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:06:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Just so everyone knows Michael is not affiliated with any news organization and is in Iraq with the Duce Four on his own dime.

I've been hitting his Papal key with small donations regularly as have many others in the Blogosphere. I'm sure he'd appreciate all of your support as well.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:30:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Tagged for later.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:16:31 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Wow.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:27:21 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:22:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Michael Yon is asking for a fantasy weapon.

Germans, Japanese, Chinese, and Koreans all have been documented taking multiple hits from Thompsons and Garands.

A weapon has never existed that gives the kind of performance he wants...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#9]
are you sure? thompson, yes, that's a pistol caliber but i've seen the effect of multiple hits from a .30-06 on a living human being and it ain't a matter of do you have the sand to keep going, it's a matter of do you have enough meat on your bones to keep going. the round at close range blows big chunks of meat off you.

(live combat footage from ww2, not personal combat experience, i should add...)
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:57:02 AM EDT
[#10]
"Deuce Four is an overwhelmingly aggressive and effective unit, and they believe the best defense is a dead enemy. They are constantly thinking up innovative, unique, and effective ways to kill or capture the enemy; proactive not reactive. They planned an operation with snipers, making it appear that an ISF vehicle had been attacked, complete with explosives and flash-bang grenades to simulate the IED. The simulated casualty evacuation of sand dummies completed the ruse.

The Deuce Four soldiers left quickly with the "casualties," "abandoning" the burning truck in the traffic circle. The enemy took the bait. Terrorists came out and started with the AK-rifle-monkey-pump, shooting into the truck, their own video crews capturing the moment of glory. That's when the American snipers opened fire and killed everybody with a weapon. Until now, only insiders knew about the AK-monkey-pumpers smack-down."

Thats what I like to hear.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:33:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Jose was in my platoon.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:47:58 PM EDT
[#12]
If you want to contact Lama or Kurilla to give thanks, here's their address

UPDATE: If you'd like to drop LTC Kurilla or SGT Lama a note of appreciation, here's the address:

LTC Erik Kurilla or SGT Daniel Lama
Patient
9040 Jackson Avenue
Madigan Army Medical Center
Tacoma, WA 98431
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:03:59 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Definitely an awesome read!

Bravery, inexperience, fear, things going to shit in seconds, prisoners released to fight again - why does modern war always become a politically correct Charlie Foxtrot?

And why the hell does it take this man (on his own) to get this out?  How come no one else talks about what our soldiers endure?

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:05:49 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

And why the hell does it take this man (on his own) to get this out?  How come no one else talks about what our soldiers endure?

Like you dont know
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:12:31 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like you dont know

Well, yeah...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:04:04 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jose was in my platoon.

tweeter, thank you for your service. I know it's been a tough year for 3/21 and my prayers go out to Jose's family. If you get a chance to visit 1/24 look up Beveridge, A Co. 2-2, he's my nephew.

Stay safe and get home soon.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

There was clip of part of one of his dispatches in an AP report on bloggers.
It was Jungle Law. They heavily edited it and changed the whole theme. They also ended it at "Now, watching the machine gun track him was like a video game. Except this video had real men, real bullets, and when your team hits a bomb, you really die." not leaving in how the gunner didn't shoot, and they captured the tango.

Fucking MSM. ALL my news comes from online now. Why bother to read a report about Iraq from the CNN and the AP? Their reporters do not leave the Green Zone. Yon's out there with boots on the ground.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:22:38 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Jose was in my platoon.

tweeter, thank you for your service. I know it's been a tough year for 3/21 and my prayers go out to Jose's family. If you get a chance to visit 1/24 look up Beveridge, A Co. 2-2, he's my nephew.

Stay safe and get home soon.

roger, rule #1 go home alive.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:48:01 PM EDT
[#19]

He had to have been snapping pics like crazy to get a shot of a bullet striking next to helmet!

This would be my luck:

Reaching around the corner, I fired three shots into the shop. The third bullet pierced a propane canister, which jumped up in the air and began spinning violently. It came straight at my head but somehow missed, flying out of the shop as a high-pressure jet of propane hit me in the face. The goggles saved my eyes. I gulped in deeply.

In the tiniest fraction of a second, somehow my mind actually registered Propane . . . FIREBALL! as it bounced on the ground where it spun furiously, creating an explosive cloud of gas and dust, just waiting for someone to fire a weapon

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:24:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Bump

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 11:49:40 AM EDT
[#21]
my discussion with my in-laws last nite revolved around our military - these are some damn fine  men - the best of the best.  

and they are just that - men.  real men like we need to see more of.  the crap on the video awards, news reporters, actors -   they ain't even close.

God bless our troops.  gonna send a note of thanks to LTC Kurilla and Sgt Lama.  

thanks to all who serve.

oh yea - good blog site.  i'll have to hit his paypal account so he can keep it up.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top