Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:32:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Crap...no way at that age should you be popping for a thousand dollar necklace as a gift. Buy some stock, or other investment for yourself. A movie and dinner at the Olive Garden should be enough for a teenager.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:37:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I spent 300 bucks on a engagement ring AND a wedding ring. At the time it was a LOT as I had been thru a divorce and had scrimped and saved to buy a house. Money was tight between child support, day care, bills and the like. Spending a grand on a 19 year old is rediculous and foolish.

NOW, 10 years later she got a 2500 diamond and a gun that she wanted. And she knows we can afford it. That is the difference BTW, because someone does not ask or even hint for something that breaks the bank, and is beyond the normal ability of the purchaser/gifter. If she knows/knew why you had busted your butt and saved the money and hints it should be spent on her, good luck, cause it'll never end. If she had wanted it so bad she could have busted her butt and bought it herself.

Thats not to say you can't buy her something nice, or treat her well cause you should, just that it goes both ways, if she knew you wanted that gun so badly, why didn't she buy it for you? Heck, talk about a shotgun wedding. Buy what you saved up for, at your age the ability to save for something you want is a good thing, and start investing a bit also..............you'll thank us later, after we are dead.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 2:45:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Buy the gal a rifle, say a .223 Winchester.

After she ditches you, give her $150 for the rifle.

See how that works?  You will come out ahead in the end.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:21:11 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

ask me how I know..  

again as me how I know

Steve

How do you know?

lol, you had to do it... bastage! lol I was young, I was drunk, I thought the goat said yes.. wait..
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:24:49 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Buy your gun, do NOT buy her that necklace.

Because you will regret it when she runs off with another guy and pawns it so he can have rims on his car.

If she's complaining about jewelry, hand her a box of Cracker Jack and tell her to have at it.

I think I love you.. lmao

Dude, do what she said and video tape her reaction to the cracker jacks then report back here.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:25:40 PM EDT
[#6]
you are out of your mind if you seriously are considering dropping a grand on a 19 year old girlfriend for a necklace.  Buy her something nice, but keep it under $500 then buy whatever rifle floats your boat.  Trust me on this.  If the relationship lasts, you better get your toys now, or you will never see them.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:30:46 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

give her a pearl necklace (it's free).

Hell, tell her you'll give her a new one every night for a year.

Man, you would be setting one bad, bad precedent by getting her that necklace.  Talk about a tough act to follow.  Time for a serious chat with her.  Girls come and go, firearms are forever.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top