User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:30:47 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:32:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Actually, something did come out of all of that...several planes (Wellingtons?) with huge Gaussing rings were built to fly at low level along the sea lanes to detonate magnetically-fused mines.

www.answers.com/topic/second-battle-of-the-atlantic

Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:39:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Actually, something did come out of all of that...several planes (Wellingtons?) with huge Gaussing rings were built to fly at low level along the sea lanes to detonate magnetically-fused mines.

www.answers.com/topic/second-battle-of-the-atlantic

Old idea- already used by the Germans in the North Sea on minesweeping Ju-52s and Bv-138s long before that.
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:40:50 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm still trying to find out about a secret base in Clarksville, Tn. that operated in secret from 1947-1962.
Anyone else heard about this one?

If you hurry, you can catch the last train there.  I'll meet you at the station.  

Do I need a reservation?

You can be there by 4:30.

Geez, at least give him the password.  It's--*******

Some people.  

You would not believe how common the password ******** is!!!!!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:45:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:59:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm still trying to find out about a secret base in Clarksville, Tn. that operated in secret from 1947-1962.

If you hurry, you can catch the last train there.  I'll meet you at the station.  

Do I need a reservation?

You can be there by 4:30.

I've paid your reservation.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:34:45 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Not so secret base...
Unless this is some kind of inside joke I'm missing...

That's not the real base. That's the decoy base THEY want you to think is the real base.

I used to pull guard duty at the "secret base" on fort hood.  It was called "radar mountain."

And how many times have I driven somebody down there from the main base in my M151A2?

After a while to alleviate boredom a fellow NCO would shift gears for me and visa versa.
What’s scary is that after a little while we would never miss a shift!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 9:56:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Guys, it's as real as you and me.

Oh shit, what if we're not even real? What if the world is an alien experiment? What if we're nothing more than a computer program? OH NO!!!
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:50:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Wow, does this thread take me back.  I remember reading about the Philadelphia Experiment in the 70's, in a book that was written in the 60's.

I believe the revelations back then surrounded a mystery "man" named Carl Allen, who also went by Carlos Allende.  Very, very bizarre story.  Allen was in ouch with other "sources" and may not have been of our world.  FWIW, YMMV, IIRC.

Carl Allende was most likely a paranoid schizophrenic...or a very lonely and deluded man who loved being at the center of a mystery that never was.  Nothing happened to the Philadelphia other than it was a ship.....and it floated around alot.

that's about it.

There was no ship named "Philadelphia" involved. The Navy was conducting several experiments in the harbor at Philadelphia.

You got me on that one...when I learn that a topic is super bogus I 86 it straight out of my mind....I do stand corrected......but, heck......what 'BOUT THE PHILADELPHIA...anyone seen it?????  Mybe the Eldridge was a red herring!!!?!?!?!?!  Where's my tin foil!!!!?????

I haven't read the whole thread, but as far as I know the Eldridge was eventually sold/transferred to the Greek navy and was involved in a slight mishap while on a joint exercise with the USN in the early 90's(?). A junior officer on a USN ship was "painting" the Greek ship with a Seasparrow missile guidance rader and decided to "simulate" launching a missile at it. The simulation was so convincing that a real missile was fired at the Greek ship and hit it. They probably just buffed the damage right out.    
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top