BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#1]
ok - the vet here is checking in...

first off, i am hoping your dog is doing ok...

i cannot understand why the vet has not called you - every pet that is in a hospital is checked before we leave and an update is relayed to the owner by the vet about his/her pet's condition.

as far as HBC's (hit-by-cars)...while it may only look like a few bumps and bruises to you, there are many things that can happen within a 48 hour period that can be life-threatening.

anytime your pet has been hit by a car, GO TO THE VET!!! at the least you can get an exam and the vet should inform you about the initial finidngs, the diagnostics needed to gain more information, and the cost to you.

if $ is a concern for you, as it is for most people, the vet should offer you some alternatives.

get the exam first - then go thru the options...

many folks out there do not have the $ to do extensive work-ups and pay emergency fees...no one should pass judgment on what one person decides to do...my job is to provide information and offer the best medical care i can within the owner's budget...

please continue to update us on his condition...and just because you do not see actual blood in the urine does not mean it is not there...

dr.jess
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:51:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, Doctor! I'll keep you posted.....if I ever find out anything....
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:31:54 PM EDT
[#3]
Good luck with you beast man....I wish him the best.

Keep us posted for sure........
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 5:48:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Backup vet here.
+1 to GWG's comments. As an aside, I think that if I ran my business without calling individuals about their pets' care, I wouldn't be in business for very long. About half of my vet school class was from KY. If you'll IM me the area you're in, maybe I can find someone I know in the vicinity in case you're looking for another option. Also... if you'd like to talk the results over via I.M., I'd be glad to. It looks like a public forum is not the place to find compassion for your situation. Disappointing.
While I am not there on the scene and won't second guess the opinion of the vet actually doing the diagnostics, I'll try to help clarify anything that I can for you if you have any questions.
-Hobbit
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:45:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for all the moral support!

Update is in first post of thread.

Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:49:12 AM EDT
[#6]
Glad to hear it worked out.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:55:58 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm glad Donner is on the mend.  Give him a big hug for me.  [Gently of course].

Patty
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:11:48 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
My GF's vet told her to give her dog a baby asprin after it had surger if it wasn't feeling well. Then again it was a small dog.

Hope he's OK, best wishes.

Aspirin which thins the blood AFTER surgery??? WTF? Over.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:19:58 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
My GF's vet told her to give her dog a baby asprin after it had surger if it wasn't feeling well. Then again it was a small dog.

Hope he's OK, best wishes.

Aspirin which thins the blood AFTER surgery??? WTF? Over.

It's ok... as long as the blood's going where it's supposed to, it doesn't matter if you take an aspirin.

pcsutton... Give that dog a big ole marrow bone now!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:55:41 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
You know what's best for the dog.
And it's gotta be done.
Sgat1r5

I wouldn't have expected this response from you of all people. You know as well as I do that God made you a Steward of all his creatures and things of this world. It is your moral obligation to take care of what is intrusted to you. Apparently there is still more you must learn about your faith.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 6:58:52 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I wouldn't have expected this response from you of all people. You know as well as I do that God made you a Steward of all his creatures and things of this world. It is your moral obligation to take care of what is intrusted to you. Apparently there is still more you must learn about your faith.

God gives me power over all animals.  If they are suffering it is my duty that I stop their suffering.

You do it your way, I'll do it mine.  What do you THINK happens when people go dear hunting?  They ain't practicing faith my friend, they are going out to KILL an animal.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:10:17 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

God gives me power over all animals.  If they are suffering it is my duty that I stop their suffering.

You do it your way, I'll do it mine.  What do you THINK happens when people go dear hunting?  They ain't practicing faith my friend, they are going out to KILL an animal.

Sgat1r5

It is your duty to provide care if viable or to end their suffering if not, that is all.  As for hunting, (BTW it's 'deer') It's not an issue as long as it's done with reverence and to nourish the body. Animals are here to serve us as food and for companionship and as labor, we have dominion over them. It is our duty to care for them with respect. Hunting deer and leaving them rot in the woods is hardly reverent.

Except for armadillos, coyotes, prarie dogs and squirrels, they are the manifestation of Satan and must be destroyed; so the buzzards can eat of course.

ETA. Hunting can certainly be part of practicing your faith. Consider sitting in a tree stand praying the Rosary while the bugs eat you, helps pass the time or praying that you'll see a deer. I think alot of praying goes on with hunters bringing them closer to God
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 7:40:50 AM EDT
[#13]
Glad your beast is back home! Hope he has a speedy recovery.....
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top