Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/13/2001 6:45:16 AM EDT
...can you say
[size=3][b]BOYCOTT THE COMMIES [/b][/size=3]???
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:07:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
...can you say
[size=3][b]BOYCOTT THE COMMIES [/b][/size=3]???
View Quote

Didn't we say that after:

Invasion of Tibet?

Tianamen Square Massacare?

Theft of US nuke secrets?

Theft of US sub technology?

Constant, blatant industrial espionage?

The chronic sub par human rights record?

Threats of war against the wannabe indepedant nation of Taiwan nation and anyone that comes to their aid(read that US)?

The "detainment" of the US Navy (and a Marine)P3C Crew?

The american "boycott" is really showing the Chinese!

Everybody yells "boycott!", then the "cooloer heads" ome in. Who are the cooler heads? BIG $$$$ COMPANIES.

Nothign will change as usual?

Their policies suk but it's a great place to visit.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:17:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Why boycott? Their system depends on keeping their society closed to ideas. I say have
                         the olympics over there and we shoould all go and talk to the people and bring our "evil
                         western influence" with us along with blue jeans, bibles and rock music. If we "degenerate"
                         their youth they will change.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:18:08 AM EDT
[#3]
What is the message hear?  I feel the incident with the recon plane and its crew speaks very loudly as to what kind of country China really is.  They created the incident, they lied, they tried to make America look bad, they illegally kept the crew members, they illegally boarded an American plane, they refused to let the US fly the plane out.  I say punish China, not reward them.  It is further proof our WORLD is going down the drain.  China is a growing threat.  Let the Capitalistic world supply the noose that will be used to hang em.  Viva La Black Rifle!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 7:19:46 AM EDT
[#4]
What is the message hear?  I feel the incident with the recon plane and its crew speaks very loudly as to what kind of country China really is.  They created the incident, they lied, they tried to make America look bad, they illegally kept the crew members, they illegally boarded an American plane, they refused to let the US fly the plane out.  I say punish China, not reward them.  It is further proof our WORLD is going down the drain.  China is a growing threat.  Let the Capitalistic world supply the noose that will be used to hang em.  Viva La Black Rifle!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 8:37:21 AM EDT
[#5]
 WASHINGTON (AP)--The International Olympic Committee's choice of Beijing as the site of the 2008 Olympic Games was denounced Friday by congressional critics of the communist leadership there.  "It truly boggles the mind," said Rep. Tom Lantos, D-Calif., the House International Relations Committee's top Democrat. "This decision will allow the Chinese police state to bask in the reflected glory of the Olympic Games despite having one of the most abominable human rights records in the world."  At the White House, President George W. Bush's national security adviser Condoleezza Rice said it was an IOC decision to give China the games and said the Bush administration would pursue human rights concerns through other bilateral contacts.  "The president has made very clear that human rights will be on the agenda," Rice said.  Rep. Dana Rohrabacher, R-Calif., a member of the International Relations Committee, condemned the IOC's decision, saying, "Anyone who thinks that giving Beijing the Olympics is going to improve human rights in China ought to look at what giving Nazi Germany the Olympics did for human rights there in 1936."  "We have just sent China one big wrong signal that the civilized nations of the world aren't really concerned enough about their human rights abuses and their militarism to treat them any differently than a democratic country," he said.  Rep. Christopher Smith, R-Calif., a fellow committee member and a leader on China issues, said giving Chinese the games while they "hold U.S. citizens and permanent residents hostage is a disgrace. It sends a dangerous message to the communist leadership that their egregious violations of human rights, persecution of religious believers and harassment of U.S. citizens may continue without any consequences."  (END) DOW JONES NEWS  07-13-01  12:04 PM- - 12 04 PM EDT 07-13-01

if we give them money, they will build more missles.
if we give them bibles, as soon as the games are over, those with bibles will be SHOT IN THE HEAD.
the USSR collapsed because of an INTERNAL decision to allow openness, NOT because of outside preassures.
this is a very, VERY bad idea, people, we must boycott ANYTHING Chinese - ALL the time, until the masses are so depraved, so starved for freedom, that they will take it THEMSELVES.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:12:53 AM EDT
[#6]
I dont trust the chinese one bit..
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:26:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Let the killings begin!!
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:32:20 AM EDT
[#8]
the cost of flying recon missions in s.e. asia?
a recon plane

the cost of a flight crew being held hostage?
international embarrasment

the cost of releasing said crew?
the olympics

call me skeptical, but after we got our people back, there was NO DOUBT that the chicoms would get the 2008 summer games.  dammn - should of bet money in vegas....

ah, well.  my truck needed brakes

steve
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:50:53 AM EDT
[#9]
Perhaps the Chinese will feed some of our more liberal kneebenders some of the freshly aborted fetuses that is part of certain restaurant cusines. Then they can promote tours of their internment camps and the locations of their slave labor for the trash that attends the games, giving them souvenirs (sp) from nike and boeing. Since a majority of shit sold at Wally Mart comes from China, then they will open a super store for those that attend. Screw them all.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:54:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By steve m:

the cost of releasing said crew?
the olympics

call me skeptical, but after we got our people back, there was NO DOUBT that the chicoms would get the 2008 summer games.  
steve
View Quote

sadly, you may be correct. there were an awful lot of "closed door" meetings prior to the release of the crew - also, the Bush administration was SILENT for the IOC meeting/vote - and they planned to be from the beginning.
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 11:27:46 AM EDT
[#11]
I am sure they will put on as good a show as the Nazis did in the 1936 Berlin Olympics..
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 2:09:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By Rich in CM:
I am sure they will put on as good a show as the Nazis did in the 1936 Berlin Olympics..
View Quote

I agree with your point, but I doubt China could even pull that off.

Tyler
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top