User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 9:46:42 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/14/2005 10:07:52 PM EDT
[#2]
I have always had problems with my sinuses. I'm one of those guys that wont go to the doctor until I absolutely cant stand what ever is wrong with me. I have been there once for my allergies and I got some zyrtec and it didnt do anything more than the basic $1 or 2 dollar general antihistamine tablets. I have tried quite a few OTC meds, but the cheap antihistamine tablets do the best for keeping me from sneezing and blowign my nose all the time. I still cant breathe too good, but I guess I live with it for now atleast. I will get soemthing done here once I get some decent health insurance.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 7:55:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I did not have time to read this whole post but this is my take.

I started to have severe sinus problems about three years ago. About six months ago they got way worse it was mostly from working in the shop welding, grinding, & painting, without a good particulate mask or paint mask ( I got them now). So I tried the doctor's and the OTC meds and all that got to where they did not work no more.

So now I take a Chinese herb called Armadillo Trade Mark Counter Poison Pill, 3 or 4-4x a day, and I do a Sinus flush. You can get it at some drug stores. It's a empty 8oz bottel with a bunch of Saline Solutions mix packets. Another flush I use is a NETIPOT SALT from www.netipot.org.

Get off all the OTC drugs and try this it may, work it does for me.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 8:10:50 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thuja oil.

From Gaia.

So Doc...do you inhale it or rub it on or ???

FWIW, I  used to have miserable sinus problems, an irrigation procedure fixed it...no problems for 3 yrs! woo hoo!

Gwen in L.A.

Coat your little finger and insert into both naries.
Apply with a twisting motion then recline for a bit.
This is a weak homeopath treatment.
The thuja is a natural anti-microbial, anti-viral, anti-neoplastic.
I've seen this stuff do some impressive stuff.

Not going against the other Docs here but, just thought I'd throw this option out there.
Link Posted: 7/17/2005 1:49:03 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks for the Thuja oil information...will share this with Mr Gwen.

my sinus problems have virtually gone...but if they seem to be starting up, I use the saline.

The relief has been wonderful!

Gwen
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:08:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thuja oil.

From Gaia.

So Doc...do you inhale it or rub it on or ???

FWIW, I  used to have miserable sinus problems, an irrigation procedure fixed it...no problems for 3 yrs! woo hoo!

Gwen in L.A.

Coat your little finger and insert into both naries.
Apply with a twisting motion then recline for a bit.
This is a weak homeopath treatment.
The thuja is a natural anti-microbial, anti-viral, anti-neoplastic.
I've seen this stuff do some impressive stuff.

Not going against the other Docs here but, just thought I'd throw this option out there.

Where is the best place to get this Thuja oil???? I'm ....
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:33:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Seeing an ENT is the best place to start. You never know what else you may be dealing with...infections, tumors, polyps, 3" nails from the errant nailgun, etc.

If its turns out to be " just allergies" one of the best ways to treat a major SOURCE is.....a vacuum.

Seems a lot of us sinus sufferers have a big problem with >>> The Dust Mite.

Millions of the little arachnids are having a party in your house, bed, pillow, chairs, carpet (feeding off the sloughed skin cells we leave everywhere) and it is their excrement and exoskeletons that we have a problem with.

Google "Dust Mite" and you'll see what I mean. That vacuum needs to have a HEPA filter or you're wasting your time. Hardwood floors and those special mattress covers piss off those critters too.
Several other options available.

Just so happens there was a local TV interview of a "super-allergic" kid...found out it was the dustmites....went so far as to putting all stuffed animals in plastic bags and freezing them for 24hrs to kill the little critters.

Just passing along info.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 11:46:57 PM EDT
[#8]
+1 on the sinus problems.

With the exception of a stomach virus maybe once a year, I get a sinus infection usually every 4-6 months a year. Asides from that, I'm pretty healthy.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top