Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/11/2001 12:26:36 PM EDT
I am moving at the end of this month to St. Louis (Creve Coeur to be precise).

So how many folks here do we have from the STL area?

Can anyone give me some good shops to take a look at?  I also will need a new range.  What are some of the better ranges/clubs for black rifles.

I already have a new C3 (C&S Metall-Werkes) so that is covered.  Are there any local shoots any time soon???
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:29:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Oh, and I need a new job!  [;)]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 12:42:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I live 2 hrs north

in STL all the time.

Link Posted: 7/11/2001 1:00:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Well Hello,
Welcome to the heartland and the geteway to the west!

My name is Dr. Matt Cooper and I will be your tour guide on this trip. Please keep your hands, feet, and fully automatic weapons inside the vehicle at all times.

I live in the city of St. John MO. That;s about .5 mi. south of Lambert Int'l airport. My office is located in O'Fallon MO.( 20 mi west)

I would be happy to recomend a few Shops and shooting venues to you. I see you've already found my friends and cohorts at C&S- you will not be disapointed.

Try Nassuau(sp?) Sporting Goods in St. Charles, MO. Thats just over the Missouri River from you (~15 min from Creve Coeur). You will find him to be quite agreeable and knowlagable. For general sporting goods hunting , fishing and camping try Dunn's Sporinggoods in St.  Charles. Uncle Sam's military surplus has two locations one in Manchester(the closest to you) and another in St. Charles.

As far as Rifle clubs... There is only ONE all others must bow down and lick boot. Seriously this place is amazing. BENCHREST SHOOTING CLUB. Located in Warren Co. MO west of STL about 35 mi. I have been there shot there and will be shooting there again ASAP. 60 Lanes for rifle w/ 25y, 50y, 100y, 200y, 300y, and 600y ranges. no full auto allowed but all the highpower comoitition you could want. Let's take this to e-mail to save bandwidth.

[email protected]

Matt
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 1:14:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Hell, come a couple hours north and let us be your new supplier!

Also, we have one of the finest range venues in the world right here as our local playground...  Pasa Park
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 2:02:06 PM EDT
[#5]
PASA Park (Barry, IL), about 1.5 hrs north is where many Ntl & Intl matches are held.

There are also some very good ranges 2 hr west near Columbia MO

Link Posted: 7/11/2001 5:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Also be sure to check out Mid-City Gun and Coin, on St Charles Rock Road.  It's a small hole-in-the-wall, But the owner, Jeff Faintich, is one of the BIG Colt collectors, and runs an auction service also.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 5:56:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Welcome to St. Louis.  I live in the city next to Saint Louis University.  We have a indoor shooting range called The Bulls Eye.  Its located close to Forest Park.  They rent full auto for use on their range.  There is a shop in Arnold Called Rushings Guns, they are ok.  

I dont know of any outdoor ranges I have 800 acres down in Jefferson County I go to.  
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:25:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Well Hello,
Welcome to the heartland and the geteway to the west!

My name is Dr. Matt Cooper and I will be your tour guide on this trip. Please keep your hands, feet, and fully automatic weapons inside the vehicle at all times.

View Quote

Well thank you for the informative tour Dr. Cooper!

You've got mail...
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:29:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Hell, come a couple hours north and let us be your new supplier!

Also, we have one of the finest range venues in the world right here as our local playground...  Pasa Park
View Quote

Well, I can't turn down that invite!  I can promise you that I'll make my way to your shop as soon as possible, wouldn't pass up an opportunity to meet the two of you.  Heck, maybe I'll even throw some money your way, if you're lucky...

BTW, what happened to the gator in your signature pic???  It looked pretty puny, I bet I could take it.[;)]
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:47:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Olin[Winchester]is less than 45 minutes from you.They can give you a tour.Also they have a handgun range.Trap and Skeet fields also.They are suppose to do a sporting clays also.I know of two ranges 35.00&85.00 a year.No full auto but rapid fire allowed.If you can go during the week I'll just about bet you will be the only one there.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 8:51:08 PM EDT
[#11]
You know I dont know about the full autoon the 35.00 a year range.Also there is a third one that might allow it.Can you cross state lines without approval being a dealer.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 9:15:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Originally Posted By ARMALITE FAN:
You know I dont know about the full autoon the 35.00 a year range.Also there is a third one that might allow it.Can you cross state lines without approval being a dealer.
View Quote

Not without filling out some papers, but I'm looking for good semi ranges too, so thank you for the info.

Didn't know that about Olin, that's interesting to know, I'd love to take the tour.
Link Posted: 7/11/2001 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Welcome to St. Louis. I live about 30 miles south of the city. I can honestly say I have lived hear all my life and never been to a local range, there are too many rural areas around here to safely shoot, I spend my money on extra ammo etc. instead.

If you are ever south of the city, stop by Smitty's Sporting Goods in Desoto Mo. It is a very small building, probably 20'x20' but it is family owned and operated and they are the friendliest people I have ever done business with. They have a very large selection of pistols, probably 150-200 in the store and many more in storage at their other building.

I have done business with Ken and John at C&S, they are fair but I was not impressed with their customer service, I stood around in their shop for over a half hour while the waited on their regular customers before finally getting to me.(first and last time I was there). But they are one of the only class 3 dealers around.  

Good luck with you're move, I hope you enjoy it here.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:26:41 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 2:17:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Arnold MO has a nice gun club. Interstate 55 south, exit 185, I think??.
Air conditioned club house, steel plates, electric clay bird thrower, IPSC, Cowboy, bullseye, ect., matches every month.

Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:11:29 PM EDT
[#17]
Good to see a lot of friendly folks are down that way, I look forward to meeting some of you fellas when I get to town.  Maybe we can have a little mini shoot sometime.

STLAR,
I have a sister and brother-in-law in U. City. I believe that is by SLU, or is it Wash. U?  I'll have to check out the range you mentioned, it's nice to have the option of renting auto.

Schv,
Sorry your experience with C&S was not as pleasant as mine.  Unfortunately I think a lot of C3s work that way.  My C3 in Denver is the same way, He gets a lot of repeat business from the regulars, and it is easy to overlook the first time visitors to the shop.  

I'm looking forward to the move, sounds like I'm in good company.

Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:18:25 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Welcome to the area!  I live in Overland, which will be about 5 minutes south of you.  I am over by Warson and Page, about 3 minutes from I-170.  Most of my goodies are still in Chicago, but I am bringing them down soon.  

Send me an email, and we'll wet you down when you get here.  We can both look for jobs.  
View Quote

Sounds like a plan.  I hope to find something soon, but I'm still trying to figure out what I'm going to look for.  I'm looking for a complete change in my career, so it's a big step for me.  Oh well, it'll all work out I'm sure.

AeroE, I'll drop you an email when I get in town, I'd like to check out that club to see how I like it.  As long as they are black rifle friendly (I assume they are), I'm very interested.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:34:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Sounds like a good idea!

Welcome to the area.  I've lived here for several years now and didn't know about half these places.  I lived in Creve Coeur for a while and really liked it - feel free to email if you think I can be helpful.

U. City is down by Wash U., not SLU.  Confuse them again and I'll have to kill you.  [;)]
View Quote

Now if you can just teach these guys kihon waza and get them together once a week I do believe you will have a kai.
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 10:49:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/12/2001 11:13:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

U. City is down by Wash U., not SLU.  Confuse them again and I'll have to kill you.  [;)]
View Quote

Jeez, tough crowd.  

Well, I'm a Jayhawk, so you all are the same to me.[;)]
Link Posted: 7/13/2001 10:09:58 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 3:49:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

If you an SAP R3 programmer, my wife's group at Monsanto has an opening.
View Quote

Since I don't know what a "SAP R3 programmer" is, I take it I'm not qualified for the position.[:D]

Actually looking for something in pharmaceuticals, preferably sales.
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 5:06:42 AM EDT
[#25]
My parents still live in Warren County if you guys set anything up in the St. Louis area send me an e-mail.  Please don't tell anyone else about Reifsnider.  All you city folk are making it harder for me to shoot when I go home. (LOL)
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 6:28:49 AM EDT
[#26]
Im from Jefferson City. Welcome to the "show-me" state. I didnt realize there were this many people form MO on here. When are we going to have a shoot. I'm willing to drive to St Louis. Any takers?

RLTW
Link Posted: 7/20/2001 10:42:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Originally Posted By Grin&Barrett:
There are also some very good ranges 2 hr west near Columbia MO
View Quote

Now your talking about my neck of the woods.  Great ranges and alot of shooting competition if you like that sort of thing.
Link Posted: 7/21/2001 11:05:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Welcome to STL,
Wow, So many people in the STL area!  
I'm located only about 15 min from Crevecoure
Would be happy to show you My "secret" ranges.
Previous posters have already covered everything in depth.  We all need to get together for a shoot.  My vote for Login or Reif, on a weekday.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top