Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:14:07 PM EDT
[#1]

if i ever caught sombody doing that  id be in jail  and that person would be in the coma ward.

Yes.  It's the same hippy logic my uncle had to endure.  Not a dog barking this time but a stereo blaring on a week night.  

A neighbor decided it was a grand idea to blare their stereo during a party.  My uncle asked them to please turn it down.  Their decision to ignore his requests was not unlike the neighbor who cared less about his community distruptive canine.

Who gives a rat's ass?  It's my dog, stereo, car, motorcycle, whatever-the-fuck.

After several requests and face to face visits, my uncle resorted to illegally entering the house and chopping up the stereo with his hatchet.

He served about two weeks in jail.  The neighbors never had another party.

This is MUCH easier and stealthily done.

Once we had a rather large party bustling across the street up till at least 1:30am on a weeknight.  We'd called the cops but they were a no show, so my roomate went over to their house and flipped the entire house's set of curcuit breakers to off.  Then he just strolled on home.  Took the kids long enough to figure out what had happend that the party had broken up by then.

They had a paid DJ there and everythign.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:18:42 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
One time, when I was a mere child, my father was working long hours at the factory.  He would come home, eat dinner, and find his way to bed.  Not much of a life and his scant sleeping was cherished.

One of our neighbors brought home a new dog.  They decided to keep it permanently in their back yard.  Their back yard faced our front yard (with a street separating them).

The dog would bark non-stop for hours...and...hours.

After several weeks, my father finally decided to correct the situation.  He took my Louisville Slugger and jumped the neighbor's fence.

He beat that dog to death.  My father slept well after that.

Wow!  Your dad's unstable, and a homicidal maniac to boot!  Your family must be proud.

Regardless of whether my dog was bothering your dad, if he tried that with my dog, your father would have died that night.

WHOA!
A tuff guy eh? Think your tuff?
Yeah, your tuff.
TUFF GUY!

Hehe, looks like lots of intaweb tuff guys in here.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:19:31 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wow!  Your dad's unstable, and a homicidal maniac to boot!  Your family must be proud.

Regardless of whether my dog was bothering your dad, if he tried that with my dog, your father would have died that night.

WHOA!
Yeah, your tuff.
TUFF GUY!

Hehe, looks like lots of intaweb tuff guys in here.  

You'll shaddap if you know what's good for you.  Don't make me full power shot ya.  

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:19:33 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sarge, it's not a big deal.  It's a member of someone's family, not a target.  Would you like it if someone shot or "tried to get rid of" someone in your family?

Well, this is an ongoing problem.

And I don't know how you treat members of your family but I don't chain mine up and neglect them...that's all I'm saying...

Sgat1r5

I don't chain them up.  All I know is I wouldn't want anyone harming my pets if they vocalize too much.

I consider my pets as family, not property.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:51:59 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If your dog is barking in your back yard for no good reason, then you SUCK as a pet owner.

I am tired of listening to all these fucking dogs barking.   They don't shut the fuck up.  ANd I am also tired of the dog owners that get pissed at me because I yell at their dogs.

Hey bitch!!! If you aren't gonna do something about your animal then I will.

One way or another that dog WILL stop barking.

So be a responsible pet owner and KEEP YOUR DAMN ANIMALS QUIET!

Sgat1r5

S1GtAr5 is a 150 million percent correct (unusual for a California-based poster)

Right now, as I type, my neighbors dogs are barking up a storm - owner lets em out and doesn't do anything until they bark (forever) to come back in. Not the dogs' fault (although the one is dumb as a brick) but annoying as hell. Owner is clueless.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 12:57:23 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yeesshhh...  Walk over there and talk to the owner or just leave a note saying that if they don't handle the problem you will file a noise complant with the city...  Hit them in the wallet with a ticket and I bet that pooch will shutup...

noise complaint...that's funny.

Sgat1r5

Well someone called in for my college graduation party and I got a nice $325 fine for noise pollution.  So ya, laugh all you want, but the city doesn't mind giving those fines.  How much $$$ before that dog stays inside...  Besides, what else are you going to do about it, just complain online?

EPOCH
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:01:19 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
WHOA!
Yeah, your tuff.
TUFF GUY!

I'm confused, do you have a point?

Someone comes on to MY property at night, and starts swinging a baseball bat at my dog = dead assailant.  The actions described by Sin_Bin are CRIMINAL.  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:10:47 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
If your dog is barking in your back yard for no good reason, then you SUCK as a pet owner.

I am tired of listening to all these fucking dogs barking.   They don't shut the fuck up.  ANd I am also tired of the dog owners that get pissed at me because I yell at their dogs.

Hey bitch!!! If you aren't gonna do something about your animal then I will.

One way or another that dog WILL stop barking.

So be a responsible pet owner and KEEP YOUR DAMN ANIMALS QUIET!

Sgat1r5

Hmmmmmm.................My dog never used to bark until I moved near SgtAR15's house, Hey Sarge what are you doing to piss my dog off ?  R U Playing with the dolls in the front yard again.........
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:12:04 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Hmmmmmm.................My dog never used to bark until I moved near SgtAR15's house, Hey Sarge what are you doing to piss my dog off ?  R U Playing with the dolls in the front yard again.........

Not playing...recreating...
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:13:36 PM EDT
[#10]
LOL Sarge, LOL
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:25:53 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Sarge, it's not a big deal.  It's a member of someone's family, not a target.  Would you like it if someone shot or "tried to get rid of" someone in your family?

Rational people can see the difference between a dog and a human.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:31:11 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
One time, when I was a mere child, my father was working long hours at the factory.  He would come home, eat dinner, and find his way to bed.  Not much of a life and his scant sleeping was cherished.

One of our neighbors brought home a new dog.  They decided to keep it permanently in their back yard.  Their back yard faced our front yard (with a street separating them).

After several weeks, my father finally decided to correct the situation.  He took my Louisville Slugger and jumped the neighbor's fence.

if i ever caught sombody doing that  id be in jail  and that person would be in the coma ward.

Yes.  It's the same hippy logic my uncle had to endure.  Not a dog barking this time but a stereo blaring on a week night.  

A neighbor decided it was a grand idea to blare their stereo during a party.  My uncle asked them to please turn it down.  Their decision to ignore his requests was not unlike the neighbor who cared less about his community distruptive canine.

Who gives a rat's ass?  It's my dog, stereo, car, motorcycle, whatever-the-fuck.

After several requests and face to face visits, my uncle resorted to illegally entering the house and chopping up the stereo with his hatchet.

No where near the same thing. The owner / operator of a stereo who is blaring it at his neighbors expense needs his ass whooped.

A man who trespasses into another man's yard and beats his dog to death with a baseball bat needs to be imprisoned for life. No second chances, no appeals.

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:34:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

No where near the same thing. The owner / operator of a stereo who is blaring it at his neighbors expense needs his ass whooped.

A man who trespasses into another man's yard and beats his dog to death with a baseball bat needs to be imprisoned for life. No second chances, no appeals.

What?  No due process for people who would put down a pesky animal?  
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:39:46 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Yeah......

But just because you don't see anything doesn't mean they aren't barking at something. Mine bark at squirrels, other animals, and people.

Maybe I should just beat the shit out of them every time they bark.

Yes you should
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:45:27 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

What?  No due process for people who would put down a pesky animal while trespassing in anothers yard?  

Fixed it for you

No. We here on the internet are swift, harsh vigilanties who deal out the most severe punishment without any of that 5th or 14th amendment crap.

Besides, if that's your approach, why not just shoot the dog? Beating anything to death is pretty out there unless it's in self defense.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:48:16 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

It's a property crime.

Not a life.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:56:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

What was the movie where the guy Di Nero, I think, asked 'em once then took bolt cutters and whacked their main power cable? (I think I'd just yank the meter).

Link Posted: 8/4/2005 1:58:19 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
People that "don't hear" their dogs barking on and on -- its from being raised wrong.

I never understood this.  My neighbor across the street has a big shepherd/lab/something mix that has the loudest bark I ever heard.  It barks so loud at night that it wakes me up from a sound sleep.  The people in the house, however, don't seem to hear it.

They do, however, hear me ringing their bell and beating on their front door at 3:30am.  They're all pissed when they finally get out of bed and open the front door, and they usually start cursing at me.  Except I have to keep saying "What did you say?" because the dog in the backyard is actually drowning out their voices and I can't understand them.  After I did this 4 or 5 times, they called the cops on me for harrassing them.  The cops came over to find out why I keep banging on their door, and I said two words - "the dog."  The cops laughed and walked back over to their house and the dog stopped barking.  I think they took it in for the night.

Hey, dogs are dogs - they bark, they shit, they bite.  But when their behavior starts impacting the quality of other people's lives, you have to control them.  And that means the owner making sure they don't bark, shit, or bite in a way that disturbs the neighbors.  Period.

Quoted:
The next morning (with no sleep) a different dog chased me on my motorcycle...I  180'd and came right at him an he got a hard heel thrust from an AXO boot. Squeeled back into his yard, never chased me again.

Uh, oh.  That could be dangerous.  Hitting a 60 lb. dog with your foot at speed can cause you serious injury.  I suggest aiming straight for the dog, and leaning back and hitting the gas to loft the front wheel just as you hit the dog.  The front tire will knock the dog down as it pops up over it, while the rear wheel with the full weight of bike and rider, combined with full engine horsepower, cuts a nice path through the dog's body, breaking bones and crushing organs as you smoothly ride over the carcass like it was a small speed bump.  You get to kill a pesky dog and pull a bitchen little wheelie to impress your friends at the same time.  Plus any blood splatter gets thrown back away from your clothing and ABS bodywork, minimizing any clean up.  Trust me, it works.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 2:05:04 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's a property crime.

Not a life.

Sgat1r5

Sure, so if I sneak into your house / yard and ass rape your pet is it still just a property crime or is it a deviant act that needs special attention.

And before you say that you would shoot me consider this....

.....I have my internet force field on.
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#20]
Waaaaaaaay too many airsoft net nijas chiming in on this one.

My "dog of derision" belonged to my neighbor. Black lab, bought as a puppy, who just wanted to play, and barked for attention. His tail was always wagging, and he'd jump and bark whenever I came home from shift. If he left his 5' x 10' kennel more than 5 times in that many months, I'd give you my paycheck.

His "family's" usual communication with him?

SHUT THE F*CK UP!!!

I finally called the Animal Control guy on him  - I felt kind of bad, since I knew the guy (he worked for the City also), but his psycho wife and stepkinds did the usual "I want" about a dog, and then neglected him.

They moved shortly afterwards, but I'll agree that dogs usually are barking in search of attention... positive, negative, or otherwise. The "owners" "keepers" (Owners implies a level of commitment & responsibility) learn to tune the dog out, just like a nearby train, a creaky floor board or the furnace motor in winter.

It's a shame it's not as easy for us neighbors.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top