Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/9/2001 9:23:07 AM EDT
Anyone have an idea on what mags can be converted to work in the ump 45, MAC10 mags? Thompson?
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 9:51:00 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll really agree with you on this one.I would buy one in a heartbeat if Illinois would let us have a SBR.Had a email that shows the Ill. is not as strit as federal.The way i read it you can have one if it is at least 26" long.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 9:59:11 AM EDT
[#2]
Here in Canada we can buy them [beer]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 10:08:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Anyone have an idea on what mags can be converted to work in the ump 45, MAC10 mags? Thompson?
View Quote

I take it you're refering to the HK USC.  I don't think there's anything as far as preban hi-caps go that would work in this gun.  Just like the SL8-1, it is specifically designed not to accept hi-cap magazines and has an indentation on both sides of the mag well limiting it to single feed mags.

There was a guy over on HKPro that was in the process of converting his USC to an SBR.  Here's a picture of his mock-up using an MP5K folding stock.

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/view?u=1432094&a=13362956&p=50829470[/img]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 10:11:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Ok you people are driving me insane
In Canada you can buy G36 assault rifles
In Canada you can buy UMP sub machine guns
aslong as they are semi-automatic.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 11:17:45 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Ok you people are driving me insane
In Canada you can buy G36 assault rifles
In Canada you can buy UMP sub machine guns
aslong as they are semi-automatic.
View Quote

I do not believe that G36s or UMPs are legal for civilian ownership (regardless of whether they are semi or select fire) in Canada.  They can get SL8s as opposed to an SL8-1 that we are limited to here in the United States.  I don't know if they can get the USC.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 1:10:32 PM EDT
[#6]
You Canuks might be able to get all the semi G36's and UMP's (didn't think there was such a thing as a semi- only UMP) you want, but you can only have mags able to hold 5 rounds.

Happy (pop-rivet follower stop) hunting,
havoc
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 4:09:03 PM EDT
[#7]
What can you people not wrap your minds around here? YES we can get UMP and YES we can get G36, I am currently in the action of getting one of each. Just cause The US has a ban on certain things that are supposed to be considered making a weapon an assault rifle Canada has a banned list, if its not on the list it ain't banned. look yourselves and stop telling me the laws in my own country where I live

http://www.cfc-ccaf.gc.ca/owners&users/fact_sheets/R&P_en.html

PS; Havoc its not to get unlimited mags, just to get a cheap alternative

Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:44:50 PM EDT
[#8]
How much did you paid for those ? Which dealer ?
did they sold you any mags with it ? Did you get the G36SF or the G36KSF with the short barrel ?

Doc
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:49:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
What can you people not wrap your minds around here? YES we can get UMP and YES we can get G36, I am currently in the action of getting one of each. Just cause The US has a ban on certain things that are supposed to be considered making a weapon an assault rifle Canada has a banned list, if its not on the list it ain't banned. look yourselves and stop telling me the laws in my own country where I live.
View Quote

Geeze Scarecrow, are we a little touchy here or what?  I checked out your link and you are correct in that neither the G36 series or the UMP are on the list.  I did notice two things however.  First off, I noticed that automatic firearms are prohibited.  It states:

"The Criminal Code states that a prohibited firearm is... an automatic firearm or a converted automatic firearm"

I don't recall that either the G36 series or the UMP are available as semi only guns.

Next, I find it interesting that just about every other assault style weapon is listed on the banned list, including all older HK long guns.  My question to you is what makes you think they're not going to add the G36 series and UMP to the banned list.  Your "gun loving" government seems to make additions to the banned list on a rather regular basis.  Now I'm not saying that you're dreaming or that you're full of crap.  Let's just say that I'm rather doubtful that you'll ever, EVER own either of these guns.  Have a nice day!
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 5:58:03 PM EDT
[#10]
They will eventually ban it but not before I own one. And HK does offer a semi version or I wouldn't be able to even contemplate buying one and they wouldn't be importing them.

Oh and I'm getting the G36 full length model or else I believe it would be a restricted firearm. if you want to place an order contact John Hipwell ([email protected]) the price is 3300$ Canadian, any other questions should be brought up with him. Here is also his site, unfortunately he doesn't have any pics of the G36 up yet.

http://www3.mb.sympatico.ca/~jhipwell/index.htm

Link Posted: 7/9/2001 6:04:12 PM EDT
[#11]
NordicG3K. Maybe you would like to check your facts before stating that the weapons above are not available as semi, because both are. Still  don´t know if Scarecrow will recieve what he wants   but atleast he has a chance and is trying. No G36s, UMPs in semi or select fire to civilians in the U.S atleast, that´s for sure.

We are here in Finland still lucky, we can still import fully automatic weapons for licenced civilians.

Link Posted: 7/9/2001 7:13:50 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
So, $3300 Canadian is about $5 US, right? [:D]

JUST JOKING!

brouhaha
View Quote

WHAT A GUY
trying to piss me off eh?
actually its 5.95$ US
fool!
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 7:52:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Isn't Canada is on the EURO?  It should be $3.59 US.
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 7:58:24 PM EDT
[#15]
Hmmmmm, let me see...up in the great white north, your shoots must sound like this....
bang,bang,bang,bang,bang.........hang on reloading....bang,bang,bang,bang,bang.....repeat process.
We may not have G36's(yet) but our shoots sound like this....bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang,bang.....ok now reload(unless you have a Beta, then reload after 70 more shots)
[x]  [heavy]
[frag]
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:17:00 PM EDT
[#16]
yeah but his 10/22 is like this bam x 30 then reload

for like 12 bux a mag us its it would be 50 bucks for the mag but we can own a hell of alot more styles of guns then he can
Link Posted: 7/9/2001 8:47:37 PM EDT
[#17]
This whole Canada/G36/UMP is just a scheme to p$ss off the Americans. It's just one of those stupid Canadian jokes we have........kinda like the "unviersal health care" that we like to brag to the Americans all the time.  

No one is getting any UMP/G36.  Don't move to Canada yet, unless you really like our beer.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 7:04:59 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
NordicG3K. Maybe you would like to check your facts before stating that the weapons above are not available as semi, because both are.
View Quote

If you read my post I stated that "I believe" they are not available.  Now with that said let me proceed with removing my foot from my mouth...  I rechecked my military/law enforcement catalog and yes there it is in black and white!

"Standard Navy trigger group with safe, semi-automatic, and fully automatic modes of fire and pictogram markings.  Optional single-fire trigger group also available."

I don't know what I was thinking.  One of the things HKs are known for is their modular trigger groups and one of the newer options is the "FBI" trigger group which is safe and semi only.

I still doubt however (my opinion, not being stated as irrefutable fact!) that non-military/leo Canadians will be able to purchase for private use a G36 or a UMP.  If they can then more power to them and I will be highly envious!

Link Posted: 7/10/2001 7:31:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 8:50:43 AM EDT
[#20]
NordicG3K, no hassle. Had to check the UMP trigger groups myself. Knew about the G36 but wasn´t sure about the UMP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top