Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 7:28:55 AM EDT
[#1]
The current Armalite is more a sporting arms company than a full blown military manufacturer in the scale of FN or HK.  It is very unfair to compare Armalite's R&D effort to those of the big boys.  Armalite cannot simply hire a bunch of engineers and find a couple  of stupid venture capitalists to fund another "ground breaking" assualt rifle and ammunition system without any demand from the market. The military market is not Armalite's market focus at all. I'm afraid to say that scarecrow's opinion is rather ignorant and uneducated.  I can pick any other manufacturers and say the same thing about bushmaster, colt, DPMS......the list goes on.

In fact, armalite is probably one of the most innovative within it's own chosen market.  AR10, AR180b and AR50 are all great products that offer something different from its competitors, either by price or feature.  Losers like olympic arms that doesn't really know where they want to go in the market(or jumping into the bandwagon) are heading down the ditch.  

G36 in Canada? They are just a bunch of SL-8 with G36 forearms and threaded barrel done oversea. Don't flock to Canada yet....there is no G36 here yet.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 8:52:10 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
PS: M15, the US military tested the G36 in the desert and it fired 25000 rounds without a malfunction, lets see a M16 do that, Hell lets see anything from armalite do that!
View Quote

Testing in the desert and fighting a war in the desert are two different things.  If the AR15 is such a jam-o-matic why do the Israelies still use them.  I know they were pretty much given to them, but if it didn't work they wouldn't still be using them.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 9:30:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
PS: M15, the US military tested the G36 in the desert and it fired 25000 rounds without a malfunction, lets see a M16 do that, Hell lets see anything from armalite do that!
View Quote
First, you are talking about the M16 as if it is an ArmaLite product.  That slam would seem to be directed at the AR type of rifle instead of just one manufacturer.  As for the U.S. military firing 25,000 rounds through it, here is EXACTLY what the H&K website says:
It has often been said by weapons experts that there are very few new developments on the small arms horizon that are truly revolutionary; that we have reached a plateau.  Though the G11 project is dead, and was certainly a harbinger of what is possible over the horizon, the G36 is a combination of old and new, tried and true that when combined makes for the further refinement of the small arms maker's art.  Instead of starting from scratch with totally new design, the engineers at HK, led by the young and rising star Ernst Mauch, through the early years of the 1990s made what was internally called the HK50.  It now carries the Bundeswehr designation G36.
A first departure from the signature HK operating system, roller delayed blowback, the G36 is gas operated.

They borrowed from other tried and proven designs.  There is the short gas piston reminiscent of the Kalashnikov and FAL designs.   The rotating bolt of the M16 series.  The bolt carrier of the AR18.  The folding stock of the FAL and SIG 550 series.  But in the newest refinement of the gunmaker's art with respect to military rifles, the extensive use of polymer throughout the rifle makes it lighter and more corrosion resistant; two qualities essential to the soldier.

The G36 is a reliable rifle, much more so than the M16 series.  Though hard core M16 and AR-15 aficionados will have a difficult time accepting what they might describe derisively as 'Euro-Trash,' there is no denying the fact that the G36 rarely, if ever, jams.  The most desirable departure from the M16 design is the fact that the gas used to operate the action is vented in the forearm, and not blown back into the action like the 'exhaust pipe' of the M16 gas tube.  The G36 jams so rarely that HK has said that they have a G36K that has been fired more than 25,000 rounds without cleaning and no failures.  I defy an M16 to duplicate that.
View Quote
This is what HK said, with NO documentation.  It is a CLAIM by the manufacturer, not a test by the U.S. military If you are going to spout FACTS, at least get the alledged quotes correct.  This doesn't even sound like it is coming from HK (as when HK is referred to as 'they'), but rather someone writing an article.  If you read this you will see that even experts admit that there is nothing revolutionary on the horizon and that the G36 borrows from several other guns.

Someone suggested that you were a troll.  I am beginning to believe that you are an anti-gunner who came here figuring if you persisted long enough in your assinity, someone would get pissed and call you names, then you could go back to all your other anti-gun buddies and tell them what creeps we are.  The bottom line is that you have absolutely no clue and you are just trying to stir things up.

Link Posted: 7/10/2001 9:38:45 AM EDT
[#4]
Larry G. - I think you nailed it pretty good in the last paragraph of your post.

Scarecrow - Just can't help wondering what experience you've had with Armalite that has embittered you so much against them.
Your senseless prattle sort of reminds me of some of those child phycology "experts" who have no children, have NEVER had to deal with them, but nonetheless know exactly how a parent should raise a child.
What else are you an expert at?
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 10:39:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I'm anti-gun? That’s just bull shit talk from retarded people, I make one complaint and some people lose their brains, I think your just getting pissed off and trying to switch what I am saying with stupid crap you imagined in your head. And shove your troll crap up your ass, if anything you people are mostly trolls, your all scared to stand up for your rights so you sit on here and complain while your rights get trampled.

[b]And I have nothing against the Quality or service offered by armalite[/b] , I have owned 10 different armalite's in my life. My first ar was an armalite. All I’m saying and if you people could wrap your minds around this is that armalite is no longer even close to the company it once was when it comes to technology and firearms.

And as for HK, I'm sure they are big liars and that they are horrible people who are un-original, but at least they came up with a new rifle design whether it lends traits from a bunch of other rifles at least they dint stick to the same thing forever. Their previous weapons where just fine but they decided its time to try out something new and use some of what technology has to offer, while armalite hasn’t put anything new into a rifle they just prefer re-using the same platform forever. The system works, good, but maybe its time to make a rifle with more cost effective materials and techniques.

And for your bullshit information I own 34 different rifles in all and 7 handguns. If that makes me anti gun then you can suck my AWM until the bluing comes off.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Scarecrow,
As a dealer who stocks Armalite products I can tell you that they are very nice people to deal with. I have never had any problems with their rifles that were not taken care of quickly.
You can buy anything they sell with confidence!
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 11:07:06 AM EDT
[#7]
Uh-oh!  Somebody who dares attack Almight Armalite.  Are you a competitor's plant?
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 11:10:57 AM EDT
[#8]
[size=4][u][b]I AM NOT COMPALINING ABOUT ARMALITES QUALITY OR CUSTOMER SERVICE [/u] [/b] [/size=4]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 11:30:48 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I'm anti-gun? That’s just bull shit talk from retarded people, I make one complaint and some people lose their brains, I think your just getting pissed off and trying to switch what I am saying with stupid crap you imagined in your head. And shove your troll crap up your ass, if anything you people are mostly trolls, your all scared to stand up for your rights so you sit on here and complain while your rights get trampled.
View Quote
I especially love this part.  ONE COMPLAINT?  This is even a complaint.  This is a tirage on a subject about which you know nothing.  You are the one switching things around.  You won't respond to questions about how the other AR makers aren't doing as much as ArmaLite.  I love the part about how we are trolls, sounds like a three year old.  You are the one getting all pissed off and starting with the infantile name calling and now you try to TWIST it into an argument about our rights, which you people have already given up.

[b]And I have nothing against the Quality or service offered by armalite[/b] , I have owned 10 different armalite's in my life. My first ar was an armalite. All I’m saying and if you people could wrap your minds around this is that armalite is no longer even close to the company it once was when it comes to technology and firearms.
View Quote
You sure have something against ArmaLite!  We have our minds wrapped around the fact that you are all pissed off at ArmaLite for some reason.  You are not that deep a thinker to be saying things like 'wrap your minds around' anything.  You keep harping on technology.  What other AR company has introduced anything new in the last 5 years or achieved some kind of breakthrough in technology?  I want you to answer that question which has been asked of you several times.  Don't say H&K!  Which leads to the next part:
And as for HK, I'm sure they are big liars and that they are horrible people who are un-original, but at least they came up with a new rifle design whether it lends traits from a bunch of other rifles at least they dint stick to the same thing forever. Their previous weapons where just fine but they decided its time to try out something new and use some of what technology has to offer, while armalite hasn’t put anything new into a rifle they just prefer re-using the same platform forever. The system works, good, but maybe its time to make a rifle with more cost effective materials and techniques.
View Quote
H&K is using old technology.  Nothing new.  Just packaged it differently.  Go read the website, they even say it is nothing new.  You can't seem to fathom that.  You have your tirade, and you repeat, even though it has been shown to be BS.  The 180B is just that, more cost effective materials and the gas system is completely different from the AR15 gas system.

And for your bullshit information I own 34 different rifles in all and 7 handguns. If that makes me anti gun then you can suck my AWM until the bluing comes off.
View Quote
Like I said, sounds like you are the one getting pissed off.  I doubt seriously your gun count as you don't act old enough to have been collecting that long.  As for the 10 ArmaLites you have owned, name the model and whether it is preban or postban.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 11:33:02 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Uh-oh!  Somebody who dares attack Almight Armalite.  Are you a competitor's plant?
View Quote
If someone has a complaint about a particular product that have or have had or an experience they have had with the manufacturer, that's great.  But this is just a BS tirade by someone who has no clue.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 11:56:12 AM EDT
[#11]
Let's see...

The Lion needed courage...

The Tin Man needed a heart...

What was it that the Scarecrow needed????
As posted on AR15.com by another board member a few weeks ago.
We've been through it with this straw man before...
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 12:09:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Larry shut up
Simple as that, if you can't understand or believe what I say then go watch some teletubies. And the fact you couldn’t get the fact I had one complaint just goes to show how special you really are.
And as for my attack on armalite, yes there are many other arms makers that I could also attack, but one at a time; you people have a hard enough time understanding simple English.
And as for HK putting a bunch of rifles in a different package if you dint read I already said my point on that topic, if you cant get it then read it over and over cause im sick of repeating myself for the mentally challenged. And if you don’t believe my gun count then that saddens me, I will spend every night crying because you don’t believe me. You think I am twisting things because you’re too stupid to get what I said in the first place right so I have to repeat and make it simpler and dumber so it reaches your level. And I would have no idea what’s post-ban or pre-ban cause I am kind of rusty with laws not pertaining to my country.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 12:12:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Oh and gus, the Scarecrow in the wizard of OZ learns that he had a brain all along, I see you watched that movie with the same intelligence and attention you put to this board.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Oh and gus, the Scarecrow in the wizard of OZ learns that he had a brain all along, I see you watched that movie with the same intelligence and attention you put to this board.
View Quote

I'll sure be glad when the kiddies go back to school this fall.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 12:19:01 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 12:46:11 PM EDT
[#16]
See what you get, larry, for bringing out the truth?  Besides.....he was an abused child!!!!!!!!!!!!!![smoke]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 1:02:26 PM EDT
[#17]
I just can't resist the temptation any longer...

My best wicked witches voice>>>>>>

"Can't handle a little flame Scarecrow?"

[pyro]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 1:30:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Larry shut up
Simple as that, if you can't understand or believe what I say then go watch some teletubies. And the fact you couldn’t get the fact I had one complaint just goes to show how special you really are.
And as for my attack on armalite, yes there are many other arms makers that I could also attack, but one at a time; you people have a hard enough time understanding simple English.
And as for HK putting a bunch of rifles in a different package if you dint read I already said my point on that topic, if you cant get it then read it over and over cause im sick of repeating myself for the mentally challenged. And if you don’t believe my gun count then that saddens me, I will spend every night crying because you don’t believe me. You think I am twisting things because you’re too stupid to get what I said in the first place right so I have to repeat and make it simpler and dumber so it reaches your level. And I would have no idea what’s post-ban or pre-ban cause I am kind of rusty with laws not pertaining to my country.
View Quote
My, my, who sounds pissed off.  I don't want to shut up.  This is fun.  I understand everything you say and believe none of it. What you are saying is that you are ignorant and immature.  I'll compare IQ's with you any day.  You keep repeating the same things over and over because that is all you know.  You haven't made it simpler because you repeat the same old things.  You don't answer questions addressed to you by me and others.  What you have done is have a little tantrum just like a little trolling kid.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 1:41:05 PM EDT
[#19]
In another thread this genious was saying that England was getting along fine against Germany in WWII before the US got involved!!!

It's a shame to see that Canadian high schools are as screwed up as the ones here in the US.

I guess he hasn't been winding that clock the Wizard hung around his neck to make him think he's smart!

Link Posted: 7/10/2001 1:44:18 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
In another thread this genious was saying the England was getting along fine against Germany in WWII before the US got involved!!!

It's a shame to see that Canadian high schools are as screwed up as the ones here in the US.
View Quote
Now I understand his single minded, stubborn tirades.  It is clear now.  Maybe we should just ignore him, maybe he will go away.
Yes, England was doing so well, that is why Churchill was begging us to join in the fray.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 1:50:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Yeah - they were planning on rennovating London anyway. The Germans were saving them money. Yeah - that's the ticket...
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 2:20:53 PM EDT
[#22]
Hey Scarecrow!  ArmaLite has a great product and great service!  Stop bitching!
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 2:33:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oz is a fairy tale.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 2:40:46 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
In another thread this genious was saying that England was getting along fine against Germany in WWII before the US got involved!!!
View Quote

Dunkirk must have slipped his mind!
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#25]
Could Capt. BetaC and Scarecrow be sharing the
same body?
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 2:50:03 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 5:56:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Could Capt. BetaC and Scarecrow be sharing the
same body?
View Quote

Jizzcrow???
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 6:00:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Scarecrow does not have a life and no brains at all.  Is you collection replicas or air-softs?  Did not know that the Canadian government would allow you have that many firearms.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 6:56:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
AR18
Firearm companies employ large groups of individuals to come up with new designs, I am but one person, and its NOT MY JOB, I'm not hired by any large arms manufacturer to make and design weapons, if I could I would love to work with armalite and put my brain to work designing weapons for all you people! but I don't have the background in the field and since I live in Canada every weapon I'd come up with would have flash hiders and folding stocks. well I would love to design a bullpup rifle but those aren't legal here. anyway I made my point, a point that I have backed up and make because the evidence is so evident if you can see it yourself then your blind.

AR stands for Armalite Rerun
View Quote

Remember that John Browning and Eugene Stoner started in their own workshops before they were hired by Colt, Winchester, and Armalite.  Their designs were refined and marketed on the world market.  So, it is not that hard.  Just move down south and get a job designing a better mouse trap for us blind Americans.  You have never proved your point on this matter.  You should changed your name to scaredy cat because all your posts get shot down by the rest of the group responding to your sucky, whiny, and bitchy no evidence of support crap.  You still have not convinced me that anything new of firearms development is revolutionary.  It has been an evolutionary process.  I guess that you are a poor, freezing your ass off, and can't favorite toys Canuck.  
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 7:07:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Suddenly you people get even dumber to the point that the topic goes from armalite to me. You people don’t know me, and you pretend and imagine subjects to insult me on because you are all frustrated that you cant say anything intelligent on the topic anymore without having me remind you that you are going completely off topic, the only person who could lately say anything on the true subject is crowboy but apparently he hasn’t read all of my post because I already answered that question and its his fault for not seeing it. You people can’t even confront a simple subject without going off like a group of 10 year olds.

Call me all the names you want, armalite is still going down the toilet for not adapting with the times.

And ill do you all a favor an delete this post Friday so no one new to the board will have to see how moronic most of you really are.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 7:11:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Whoa, are you getting that brave all of a sudden.  Delete the post and we know that you could not prove your point.
Link Posted: 7/10/2001 7:14:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top