Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/6/2001 8:30:46 AM EDT
Reading about people like Wilentz make me reconsider a college education for my son.

Eddie

Sean Wilentz is unhappy. A professor of history at Princeton, he complains that Americans are reading too much history this Fourth of July. Or rather the wrong kind of history. Namely, not his.

[url]http://www.townhall.com/columnists/paulgreenberg/pg20010706.shtml[/url]

Link Posted: 7/6/2001 8:40:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Your son will encounter people like Wilentz looong before college.
Profesors can only take advantage
of (through influence) ignorant students.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 8:43:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Arm him with the correct history, then he will be able to pass a history class in college without believing everything the prof says.  It works for me.
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 9:01:22 AM EDT
[#3]
I got outta High School a few years back.  History has been shredded.  I don't belive that John Adams was a nut case.  The only way I feel that I survived with out taking it to much to heart was I watched the History Channel.  I found most of it to be good and true.  (Tales of the Gun...Best show ever!!!)  
Link Posted: 7/6/2001 9:24:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Your son will encounter people like Wilentz looong before college.
View Quote

Yeah, I know.   That's one reason why we send him to a small private school.  We personally know the entire admistrative staff and most of the teachers.  The wife is on the personell committe (hiring and firing).  Not much gets by her.

Eddie
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top