Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/5/2001 4:11:47 PM EDT
You know,I was just thinking....
these "AW" laws are fvcking stupid....
I mean,does a collapsable stock and bayonet lug really make a rifle into mass-murder machine?
and barrel lengths!!!
I can't have a blaster 10' barrel,but I can own a barrel which would enable me to nail targets hundreds of meters away...I guess they are coming from a "concealed weapon" standpoint,but how many of you with collapsable stocks on your AR-15s actually use it for vehicle operations,or VIP security detail underneath a trenchcoat? if I had a collapsable stock on mine,it probably won't change a thing about how I am currently using it,and I would probably never do a bayonet charge.So silly...actually,I think more ARs are sold because of this,cuz everybody buys a pre-ban and a post-ban!
I don't see the logic in depriving us of these options.It's costing us alot more then it should.If we were Marxist Rebels in a third world country,we could buy two F.A.CAR-15 commandos for the price of an pre-ban AR-15 in the U.S.
"sure,we have freedom,but at what cost??"
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 4:17:54 PM EDT
[#1]
"sure,we have freedom,but at what cost??"
View Quote

We have "public safety" at the cost of freedom.
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 4:20:09 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/5/2001 4:21:15 PM EDT
[#3]
These laws were not designed to stop crime or criminals from committing crimes, they were designed to do two things.  One: get the public to start thinking that self-loading carbines are somehow more dangerous than hunting rifles by calling them assault rifles.  This worked, because everyone now calls an AR-15 an assault rifle, which it is not.  Two: To stop production of certain rifles.  This failed, because they found ways to make them acceptable and continue production.  But no matter what happens they won because you now own an assault weapon, thus giving legitimacy to the ban of such weapons.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top