Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 11:39:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks and let me know if you need anything else.

Sincerely,

Joel Brewer
NRA-ILA

Yeah, Joel, there is something else I need.  I need the NRA to quit pussyfooting around and support HR 1703.  Get behind it and push.

At one time Shall Issue CCW "had no chance", but is now law in 3/4 of the US.  At one time continued ownership of "assault weapons" and repealing the AWB "had no chance".  But the tide is turning.  The NRA can lead, follow, or get out of the way.
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 11:55:55 PM EDT
[#2]
i can't believe the nra is doing nothing about this....i'm a life member and this is the first i've heard of this
Link Posted: 5/12/2005 11:58:01 PM EDT
[#3]
count me in, though. my rep. will get sick of me
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 3:26:14 AM EDT
[#4]
BTT, everyone participate
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 3:28:30 AM EDT
[#5]
Still no tack?
Oh well, I am on it.
Letters in envelopes, CHECK
emails from PC, CHECK
calls from the cell phone, and CHECK
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 3:55:41 AM EDT
[#6]
Bump
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 5:25:16 AM EDT
[#7]
I hate to keep doing this but I want it tagged

BUMP
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 5:32:41 AM EDT
[#8]
I Got the Same Canned Letter from the NRA..

This is an important bill that protects all shooters, especially those coveted Hunters..
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 3:22:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 5/13/2005 11:07:55 PM EDT
[#10]
BTT, keep at it.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 9:20:49 AM EDT
[#11]
BTT. come on........... everyone participate. this is pathetic.........
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 9:30:22 AM EDT
[#12]
This has  already been hashed out.

The NRA does not like Ron Paul and therefore does not like this bill. He refuses to support the 'Lawful Commerce in Arms Act'.

Anyway I have contacted my senators and reps about this bill and subject.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 9:35:49 AM EDT
[#13]
I dont care about the NRA. I don't like the NRA, I'm talking about the people at arfcom getting together and mobilizing to send letters and phonecalls to their representatives urging them to support this.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 9:37:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Have you contacted GOA about this bill?

I did a few weeks ago.

I will be calling again tomorrow.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 9:37:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Just wrote my Rep., will also send off US mail tomorrow.
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 9:41:14 AM EDT
[#16]
DO NOT FORGET THE FAX MACHINE!

Mail delivery is slow to DC right now, so send a fax also!

Link Posted: 5/15/2005 9:53:07 AM EDT
[#17]
Bug the juices out of them!

BTT
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 10:03:49 AM EDT
[#18]
BTT
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 7:36:01 PM EDT
[#19]
BTT
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 3:41:42 AM EDT
[#20]
everyone needs to take part in this. take five minutes a write a letter. you have nothing to lose.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 12:17:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 12:18:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Thanks a lot!

I will be hitting up the phones tomorrow again.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 12:47:03 PM EDT
[#23]
Just talked to an NRA legislative personel, basically the people who watch the bills in the House and Senate.  She said their full focus is on HR 800 i.e. the "frivelous lawsuits" ammendment that is supposedly up for a vote.  H.R. 1703 is not their focus at this time, and they wont do anything at this time, possibly later.  Please continue harrassing them!

Matt
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 12:59:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Mattl.

We need Lawful Commerce in Arms over anything else.

The NRA is right about that.

CRC
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 1:08:32 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
Mattl.

CRC

If you kill with a rock, an axe, or a gun they are still dead!!!  The tool by which killing is done is ultimately IRRELEVANT fear the man not the weapon.  That said no company or manufacturer should ever be held liable for individual acts.  The cigarette, alcohol, and gun manufacturers should never have to pay a penny to anyone.  It is the individuals decision to use or partake of, theirfore it is not the manufacturers fault.  Whatever happened to indiviual responsibility???  H.R. 800 should go through I support it, but isn't the NRA's loyalty supposed to be to it's members not the manufacturers.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 2:02:50 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mattl.

CRC

If you kill with a rock, an axe, or a gun they are still dead!!!  The tool by which killing is done is ultimately IRRELEVANT fear the man not the weapon.  That said no company or manufacturer should ever be held liable for individual acts.  The cigarette, alcohol, and gun manufacturers should never have to pay a penny to anyone.  It is the individuals decision to use or partake of, theirfore it is not the manufacturers fault.  Whatever happened to indiviual responsibility???  H.R. 800 should go through I support it, but isn't the NRA's loyalty supposed to be to it's members not the manufacturers.

We........the choir........appreciate your view, pastor.

BTW..............Fax sent.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 2:16:24 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Mattl.

CRC

We........the choir........appreciate your view, pastor.

BTW..............Fax sent.

Didn't thinl I came off that bad.  If I sound like a minister sorry, it just chaps my ass the NRA does nothing about this.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#28]
tagged...  this is a big one!
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 2:40:49 PM EDT
[#29]
Sent out more to my Rep.

C'mon y'all there is NO reason more people shouldn't be getting mobilized. There are TOO MANY members of ARFCOM, TEAM or otherwise for us to sit on our ASSES.

The Libs are on the run attack,Attack,ATTACK
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 3:50:20 PM EDT
[#30]
Email's sent

Will call tomorrow morning.

LET"S DO THIS!!!

Link Posted: 5/16/2005 5:34:59 PM EDT
[#31]
good stuff people. thanks a lot. keep it up.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 6:21:42 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Sent to one of the Congress critters.  Got a GOOD reply:

"Dear Andrew:

Thank you for contacting me regarding H.R. 1703, the Second Amendment Protection Act of 2005. I appreciate the opportunity to respond to your concerns.

My position as an unapologetic defender of Second Amendment Rights is well-known among Congress, and I can assure you that I will do all I can to continue to uphold Second Amendment Rights.  I continually cast votes in favor of allowing law-abiding citizens the freedom to lawfully purchase and own firearms.  When our adversaries on this issue want to take away this constitutional right, they will find me on the side of the Constitution.

H.R. 1703 was introduced on March 19th by Rep. Ron Paul of Texas. This legislation aims to repeal the federal harassment period, public law 103-159, and any provisions of law amended or repealed by this act would be restored. This bill would also repeal certain distinctions within the Internal Revenue Code. This legislation was referred to both the House Judiciary Committee and the House Ways and Means Committee.

Should the Second Amendment Protection Act, or any other legislation involving gun control issues come before the House for a vote, I will keep your thoughts in mind. Thank you for your letter, I look forward to hearing from you in the future.  

Sincere regards,

Roy Blunt
Member of Congress "

And Matt, Roy's son, is the governor of MO, so no stupid gun laws here for the next few years.  MO, with the exception of those festering sores known as St Louis and Kansas City, is VERY pro gun.

after reading the first two paragraphs i recognized my congressman, blunt is the man.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:23:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Thanks and let me know if you need anything else.

Sincerely,

Joel Brewer
NRA-ILA

Yeah, Joel, there is something else I need.  I need the NRA to quit pussyfooting around and support HR 1703.  Get behind it and push.

At one time Shall Issue CCW "had no chance", but is now law in 3/4 of the US.  At one time continued ownership of "assault weapons" and repealing the AWB "had no chance".  But the tide is turning.  The NRA can lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Hope you don't mind but I changed your words a bit and sent it in my response to him, I will post the NRA-ILA reply.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 7:24:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Did anyone post relevant articles and material on GlockTalk, 1911 Forum, or AK47.net, maybe even a few knife forums.  In general are like minded people on other boards involved?????
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:47:14 AM EDT
[#35]
Does this mean if this is repealed that we could import H&K 94's and Sig 550's and the like again?
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 6:18:00 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Does this mean if this is repealed that we could import H&K 94's and Sig 550's and the like again?

yes.so write your reps!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 9:24:09 AM EDT
[#37]
86 replies and 1406 read??  Bull Shit people!!  why does the "non-NRA/ non-member" tacked thread attract so much more attention.  Yea, HR1703 may be a long shot, but the more folks that get involved the better our chances are.

IT TAKES 2 MINUTES TO GET A FEW LETTERS/ PHONE CALLS OUT

C'mon, get off your lazy arses
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 9:49:18 AM EDT
[#38]
My representative didn't respond to my email OR phone calls

Guess who's not getting my vote next time around...
http://www.house.gov/graves/
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 10:58:13 AM EDT
[#39]
It is most important at this stage that we all call and fax and mail the members of the appropriate committees, they are the ones that can change things and make things happen at this stage.

And call and HAMMER the NRA, too!
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 1:32:49 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

call them up. they can't ignore that.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 2:11:44 PM EDT
[#41]
I just got off the phone with the NRA-ILA again.  Rep. told me that the NRA's standpoint was that it is a good bill, but they really want to focus on HR800 and S397 , because they will come up first in the congressional agenda, and have an overall better chance of passing.  Rep. also said that if HR1703 had more support behind it they would take it on with more steam.

Dig in people!!  Plenty of calls to make, no excuse not to!!
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 2:12:30 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
86 replies and 1406 read??  Bull Shit people!!  why does the "non-NRA/ non-member" tacked thread attract so much more attention.  Yea, HR1703 may be a long shot, but the more folks that get involved the better our chances are.

Just padding my post count.  

The reason THIS thread is lacking is because they saw the other 2-3 threads on it and the NRA's response to the inquiries by members, when the NRA sends out e-mails saying there are other pressing issues and it's not a priority to them, the media won't make it a priority either, and thus the masses won't even know about this bill.  This bill is as dead as Yoda

I suggest instead of hammering this bill, everyone write the NRA, GOA, and your reps and insist that part of this bill get mixed into the next major pro-gun legislation that gets introduced.................
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 2:31:55 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just padding my post count.  

The reason THIS thread is lacking is because they saw the other 2-3 threads on it and the NRA's response to the inquiries by members, when the NRA sends out e-mails saying there are other pressing issues and it's not a priority to them, the media won't make it a priority either, and thus the masses won't even know about this bill.  This bill is as dead as Yoda

I suggest instead of hammering this bill, everyone write the NRA, GOA, and your reps and insist that part of this bill get mixed into the next major pro-gun legislation that gets introduced.................

H.R. 800 is introduced and may come up for a vote soon I imagine their waiting to kill the fillibuster first.  Your optmistic words are appreciated(sarcasm) if you attach this to H.R. 800 it might have a chance, remember the Dem's killed H.R. 800 last year by attaching all kinds of shit too it the sponsor himself said kill the bill after that.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 4:20:39 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I just got off the phone with the NRA-ILA again.  Rep. told me that the NRA's standpoint was that it is a good bill, but they really want to focus on HR800 and S397 , because they will come up first in the congressional agenda, and have an overall better chance of passing.  Rep. also said that if HR1703 had more support behind it they would take it on with more steam.

First things first and that is S397.

But we know that is going to come up.

So we need to make sure HR 1703 does too!

Link Posted: 5/17/2005 4:23:23 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

KEEP BUGGING THEM!

One call might not do it all.
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 4:24:51 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

First things first and that is S397.

But we know that is going to come up.

So we need to make sure HR 1703 does too!

What is S397 in simple english??????
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:05:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Lawful Commerce In Arms
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:29:45 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Lawful Commerce In Arms

Buying and transporting in and to different states right?????  Doesn't state law circumvent it, doesn't the state law have jurisdiction/priority over the federal law.  Or will this law circumvent states like CA and NY laws on sales and transport???  Am I on target here or am I way off????
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:41:06 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lawful Commerce In Arms

Buying and transporting in and to different states right?????  Doesn't state law circumvent it, doesn't the state law have jurisdiction/priority over the federal law.  Or will this law circumvent states like CA and NY laws on sales and transport???  Am I on target here or am I way off????

Protects Firearms companies from getting screwed with junk lawsuits

last years S1805, now known in the senate as S397/ house as HR800
Link Posted: 5/17/2005 5:49:25 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Lawful Commerce In Arms

Protects Firearms companies from getting screwed with junk lawsuits

last years S1805, now known in the senate as S397/ house as HR800

Waiting to kill the fillibuster before bringing it to a vote?????  Persnally I don't think manufacturers should ever be liable short of illegal arms sales.  But the NRA is about the individual not the company.  And yes I am aware that if they are sued consumers ultimately pay for it.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top