Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/28/2001 8:35:22 AM EDT
This is a bad, bad thing.
Anyone who's state has this should know.  
Beware.
Don't let "convenience" fool you.

read for yourselves:
[url]http://www.ezpass.com/whatis.shtml[/url]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:37:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Originally Posted By Major Murphy:
This is a bad, bad thing.
Anyone who's state has this should know.  
Beware.
Don't let "convenience" fool you.
View Quote

Can you explain what this is?
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:39:18 AM EDT
[#2]
And give more details on why this is a bad thing.  Thanks, Major Murphy!

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:39:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:39:55 AM EDT
[#4]
How so? tracking you for speeding? EZ pass is a private company contracted by the state or authority, if they want to use your records in court they need a search warrant. EZ pass is in it for the money, can you say lawsuit and deep pockets?
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:43:57 AM EDT
[#5]
EZ-Pass is an automated tool paying system.
It's used for turnpikes, parkways, bridges, tunnels, etc.
Any type of toll.
You put this little box in your car, and everytime you pass the scanner, it adds a fee to your account.
At first it was not prevalent, but more and more lanes are devoted to this.  So, if you are a commuter and DON'T get it, you have to wait in a long line and be late.
The police have been supoenaing(sp) the records to track individuals.
It keeps a detailed record of where and when you pass a scanner.
In Delaware, they have the scanners set up so it reads you at any speed.
They've even begun to mail you tickets if you go too fast between booths, according to the scan.
Beware.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:47:33 AM EDT
[#6]
They will make travelling so inconvenient, without it, that many will get it out of neccessity.
Coming soon to your state.
I'm no paranoid, and I don't believe this to be part of a secret plot to control us, BUT...
Let's not set up the apparatus for a future evil.  It's like gun registration.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:52:59 AM EDT
[#7]
I see said the blind man!  Another Big Brother making another insidious move into our daily lives!   [:(!]

[b]-RoadDog[/b]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#8]
...first post now has link.

The funny thing is that they give you a "tin foil" pouch to put the device in, if you don't want to be "scanned".

Hmmmmmmmm....

Tin foil pouch.....
TIN FOIL HAT!!!!?????
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:06:22 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Major Murphy:
The funny thing is that they give you a "tin foil" pouch to put the device in, if you don't want to be "scanned".

Hmmmmmmmm....

Tin foil pouch.....
TIN FOIL HAT!!!!?????
View Quote

Do you think I could get one of these pouches in size 7 3/8?  [:P]

"It can't be stressed enough how important it is to have the shiny side pointing out."
             [url]http://zapatopi.net/afdb.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 9:14:38 AM EDT
[#10]
This is just getting common around my area, central NJ & eastern PA.  Many of the guys who commute on the toll roads have them.  Not one has reported any harrasment from them.  This hardly means they can't, if they want.  

What NJ did, was keep the turnpike tolls the same for EZpass and raise them for the rest of us.  I don't use the toll roads frequently enough to justify an EZpass.  Not sure I want to, anyway.  

Norm
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:11:28 AM EDT
[#11]
I saw this guy use the ezpass thing to by gas with and a black helicopter hovered over the station.
Link Posted: 6/28/2001 10:16:45 AM EDT
[#12]
Earthlings, always remember this: A black Heliocopter is our friend.
[(:|)]   [(:|)]   [(:|)]   [(:|)]   [(:|)]

Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:31:32 AM EDT
[#13]
They started EZ Pass in Colorado on E-470 when it opened up a few years ago.

I decided then that I would take the extra minute, and pay with cash.

Sure, they can go back and look over the tapes to find my license plate, but I'm not going to make anyone's job easy: No one makes mine easy.

Jay
Arizona

Link Posted: 6/28/2001 11:55:47 AM EDT
[#14]
According to the tin-foil hat guys, we all have transmitters already implanted in our asses, so who gives a crap?  Its nice to breeze through the toll lanes.

Kharn
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top