Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2005 11:17:15 PM EDT
Did Bullock knock the bottom out of Widow Garret or what?!?

Why didn't Sweringen 'finish' it when he had the chance??? Continue.......
Link Posted: 3/7/2005 11:39:25 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
Did Bullock knock the bottom out of Widow Garret or what?!?

No shit ! Great show.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:36:14 AM EDT
[#2]
That's a great show.

Swearengen knows that he needs Bullock in the coming times. With the government coming to Deadwood all too fast, he knows he'll need the law in his pocket, or at least at the table. Dan can't solve his problems anymore

Damn shame that it looks like Al has a touch of syphilis.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:37:39 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
That's a great show.

Swearengen knows that he needs Bullock in the coming times. With the government coming to Deadwood all too fast, he knows he'll need the law in his pocket, or at least at the table. Dan can't solve his problems anymore

Damn shame that it looks like Al has a touch of syphilis.

Why do you think he has syphilis?
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:39:49 AM EDT
[#4]
I thought she was relatively hot, on the show.
Then I googled her, and came up with this...

Eccchhkkk..

ETA:

Quoted:

The scene where he was peeing, and it hurt.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:43:16 AM EDT
[#5]
It could be the clap.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:47:02 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Yeah, he's got something going on. Syphilis is just my guess, really. I'd say it's not a bad one.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:49:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Well whatever it is, from the previews of the season it looks like it gets pretty bad.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 6:51:54 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I thought she was relatively hot, on the show.
Then I googled her, and came up with this...
www.artnet.com/Magazine/people/smith/Images/smith7-23-3.jpg
Eccchhkkk..

Everyone can have a bad day. She doesn't look bad on the show at all.

ByteTheBullet  (-:
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 7:11:32 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yeah, he's got something going on. Syphilis is just my guess, really. I'd say it's not a bad one.

<Spoiler Alert!!>

Kidney stones from what I've read in Entertainment Weekly.  The most recent issue had an article about Deadwood & mentioned it.  
One amusing bit is where Ian McShane relates how autograph seekers ask him "Will you sign this, Dear cocksucker?"  
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 7:37:18 AM EDT
[#10]
Swearingen is lucky Dan saved his Ass !!!!!!

Link Posted: 3/8/2005 7:39:39 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

If you remember later in the show, Swearingen said it was because he saw the boy looking at him and it rattled him.

Send her my way if you don't want her (minus the hairy armpits).

Link Posted: 3/8/2005 12:48:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Too much is happening too fast. I'm afraid they will end up short on material if they maintain this pace. Kind of like the Sopranos, where they will need two years or so in between seasons.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 1:20:04 PM EDT
[#13]
Last season, the episodes were over an hour. This previous one was about 45 minutes.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 1:23:18 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

<Spoiler Alert!!>

Kidney stones from what I've read in Entertainment Weekly.  The most recent issue had an article about Deadwood & mentioned it.  
One amusing bit is where Ian McShane relates how autograph seekers ask him "Will you sign this, Dear cocksucker?"  

Yeah, the symptoms indicate an obstruction of some sort.

I'm gonna' need a better history though to make a definitive diagnosis.

Excellent show!
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 1:27:41 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Last season, the episodes were over an hour. This previous one was about 45 minutes.

I've wathched every episode several times each. They are all right around 50-55 minutes.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 1:35:15 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Hun? How?
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 1:40:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hun? How?

When Seth was beating Al's face in on the street, and Dan came and butt stroked with the shotty.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 1:43:18 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hun? How?

When Seth was beating Al's face in on the street, and Dan came and butt stroked with the shotty.

Yup, and Al seemed pretty concerned with Seth's intentions at the end of the eipsode. Al knew he was wooped.
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 1:46:26 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you remember later in the show, Swearingen said it was because he saw the boy looking at him and it rattled him.

www.digitalhit.com/fest/tiff/1999/5/d5i-0003.jpg

I think the correct answer is....and I quote"cow eyed kid lookin' out from that coach, that's what fuckin' unmanned me"
Link Posted: 3/8/2005 7:39:24 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.digitalhit.com/fest/tiff/1999/5/d5i-0003.jpg

I think the correct answer is....and I quote"cow eyed kid lookin' out from that coach, that's what fuckin' unmanned me"

Yeah I heard him when he said it, I just didn't think a 'hardass' like Sweringen would be deterred by something like that, maybe he's a little human after all.......nah!!...
Link Posted: 3/9/2005 2:38:38 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Your wish...time to add a BOTD label!

ByteTheBullet  (-:

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:00:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Another good episode, but not much happened. Just some ass-kicking, cock sucking, and pig feeding. Damn what a good show.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#23]
I hate to ask, but wtf was the hooker doin' to Swearingen????

I was doing something else, looked up and......well, I don't know how to describe it.

Mr. Thumb meet Swearingen's asshole.........

I am speechless.......
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:16:53 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I hate to ask, but wtf was the hooker doin' to Swearingen????

I was doing something else, looked up and......well, I don't know how to describe it.

Mr. Thumb meet Swearingen's asshole.........

I am speechless.......

Not quite sure, but I think it was some sort of medical treatment or something.. Weird!

Gonna have to watch that episode a couple of times to make sense of everything that happened.[
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:22:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Does anyone know what a "bounding board" is?  At the end when Mrs. Bullock
told Mr. Bullock she removed it from the bed.
I have a slight idea, Googled it, looked in the dictionary.  No joy.
Thanks,
DanM
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:24:54 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
Thanks,
DanM

Sounds like some kind of partition - maybe she wants what he gave the widow last week...
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:26:53 PM EDT
[#27]
Bundling Board.

By the mid-1700s, parents had grown more "liberal" with their marriage aged children. During the harsh winter months, when both travel and heating a house were difficult, couples would go to bed together, fully clothed of course, for a night of what might be considered verbal intercourse. Parents who lacked sufficient trust, employed the most effective of birth control devices - a bundling board down the middle of the bed.

Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:27:05 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Thanks,
DanM

Sounds like some kind of partition - maybe she wants what he gave the widow last week...

Thats exactly what it is.  A separation to keep good behavior.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 6:34:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Once again.  The collective wisdom has astounded.
I thought it was something like that, but had the term wrong.
Old ears...  Yea, that's the problem...
DanM
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:37:47 AM EDT
[#30]
Yo, ARDOC,

What was the hooker doing to Swearingen??? Prostate massage??.......
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 8:06:40 AM EDT
[#31]
I don't know.  It sure didn't seem like he was enjoying it.  I was a bit surprised at the beginning this year.  I thought Swearingen and Bullock were on good terms last year.  When it started this year, they were ready to kill each other.  

It's still a great series though.  Swearingen's new henchman gets pissed at somebody in the bar and the next thing you know, they're impaled on a deer antler.  Then it's off to the hog pen.

They've got so much going on that you wonder how they're going to keep it up.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:03:10 AM EDT
[#32]
It's on again tonight at 9:00 EST, so I'll give it another view to fill in the gaps...

If you blink you'll miss something!!!
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:16:31 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
I don't know.  It sure didn't seem like he was enjoying it.  I was a bit surprised at the beginning this year.  I thought Swearingen and Bullock were on good terms last year.  When it started this year, they were ready to kill each other.  

It's still a great series though.  Swearingen's new henchman gets pissed at somebody in the bar and the next thing you know, they're impaled on a deer antler.  Then it's off to the hog pen.

They've got so much going on that you wonder how they're going to keep it up.

Deep down Al and Seth respect each other, but neither can afford to back down from the other either. Bullock is the sheriff and honest [in a 1880's kind of way], and Swearingen is the local crime boss. If Al wanted to kill Seth... Dan would have fed Seth to Woo's pig way back. I figure that the two of them will have to come to an "understanding" before to long.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:35:58 AM EDT
[#34]
Al was looking to maybe have Dan kill Seth this last episode but the "new" guy that stopped Dan from doing it during the fight convinced Al that it would not be a good thing to do for political reasons.  
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:53:45 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Al was looking to maybe have Dan kill Seth this last episode but the "new" guy that stopped Dan from doing it during the fight convinced Al that it would not be a good thing to do for political reasons.  

Subtlety isn't Dan's strong point.  The political, Machiavellian stuff is a bit out of his league.  On the evil scale he's not as bad as Adams IMHO.  Just like Swearengen isn't as evil as Tolliver.  
Top Top