Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/24/2001 10:31:13 AM EDT
Last night   I droped my weapon and when I tried to catch it all I did was make spin faster towards the ground. CRASH Fell 4 feet spinning so it could hit all the sides of the weapon. So I guess it is truly battle used.My bro said think of it like this"You are issued a weapon the was pulled from a dead dude in the field Ha ha ha " Oh well I guess it out to the Trinity river to see what happens.
GG
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 10:35:40 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 10:37:55 AM EDT
[#2]
I've never dropped any of my firearms on concrete.  Probably for the same reason I've never dropped any of my children to the concrete.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 10:38:37 AM EDT
[#3]
If no one else seen it happen...............it never happened!!!!!!!

OSA
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 10:41:12 AM EDT
[#4]
Damn dude!! I try to take better care of MY expesive guns than that.

Well, I did drop my SKS on the rock strewn ground once. I think it aquired one more dent in the stock. It has enough I can't be sure. No harm, no foul.

Now your AR has character. [8D]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 10:41:21 AM EDT
[#5]
It was proped up, Just I proped it up so I caused it to fall. therefore I dropped it. and I woulnt tell any one but LOOK! not bad but not good either
GG
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 10:45:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 10:51:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Battle scars.

Thats what I call the scratches/dents on my Jeep after an offroading trip.

Gives it character.

Link Posted: 6/24/2001 11:27:30 AM EDT
[#8]
You should have thrown your own body underneath it to break the fall! You'll heal, the rifle won't.

Eric The(CarefulWithThatAxeEugene)Hun[>]:)]
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 11:51:21 AM EDT
[#9]
I haven't, but a shooting friend knocked my off the bench.  It landed on the barrel.  Barely left a mark.

Justice was served - he dropped his own rifle at home.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 11:55:54 AM EDT
[#10]
The word you’re looking for is "antiquing".  
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 12:08:25 PM EDT
[#11]
NEVER TRY TO CATCH A FALLING WEAPON.

Murphy's law is in effect here. If you do catch it, you will most likely catch it directy on the trigger.

Wanna make any bets whether or not Murphy's Law has anything to say about it being a loaded weapon??
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 12:27:40 PM EDT
[#12]
I dropped my H&K USP one time.  It fell from waist high, hit a rock on the ground, bounced off that, and rolled into the mud.  

IT LIKED IT!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 12:58:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Call me anal, but I don't even set my guns down on a bare workbench or shooting bench. Always, always a pad under them. I can't believe how some people toss their guns around. I get a little pissy every time my hunting bud tosses my gun case in his Jeep.  
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 1:16:19 PM EDT
[#14]
I was firing a combat rifle match while I was in the army and was walking back from my "pit duty" down the paved range road.  While walking with the rifle at sling arms and talking with teammates and other competitors, the brass brad that holds the front sling swivel broke (must have already been cracked or stressed) and the rifle fell to the pavement.  I was doing nothing more stressful than a brisk walk.  Needless to say, everybody stopped and gave me and my rifle the biggest "omigosh" stare you have ever seen.  Replaced the brad and it did not cause any problem in performance.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 1:20:29 PM EDT
[#15]
I have neither droped (whatever that is) or dropped my weapons on anything.
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 1:30:47 PM EDT
[#16]
No, but I've seen several THROWN down the middle of a squad bay...

If I was so worried about getting a little mark on my gun, I wouldn't bother taking it to the range to shoot. Not to say that I don't take excellent care of my equipment (few of you would know it was used, and that is not an exageration), but the guns I have I bought to shoot. And with that decision comes the risk of scratches, nicks, brass marks, and other so-called battle scars.

dorrgunner84: that's why I bought my USP('s)!
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 1:43:03 PM EDT
[#17]
I dropped mt Para P14 on plush carpet once.  Does that count?
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 2:28:34 PM EDT
[#18]
Ive never dropped my entire weapon on concrete, but I knocked an upper off a table onto the concrete once at the range. I have however dropped, tossed/thrown, a couple of my ARs on the ground several times. Ive used them for traction to help me climb muddy hills while out hunting and just out in the woods wandering around. I have a couple of guns that I abuse pretty badly and they still keep on ticking. That is what they were made for.

They always clean up nice though, no matter how muddy or dirty they were before hand. Yeah, they have some dings and scratches, but so do most of the tools in my tool box and thats basically what a gun is. Just another tool.

I like my car to be nice and clean and void of scratches, but an AR is just a gun, albeit an expensive one.

Michael
Link Posted: 6/24/2001 3:22:47 PM EDT
[#19]
..ok, I think I win this one!
I took a few ARs to the range few years back for a stress free day of shooting. The range was  pristine, clean,had concrete walkways in the shooting bays, and down to the targets..real high speed. Now keep in mind I keep all my babys in cases(either quality nylon or pelican cases), and baby them as much as possible... It's just me and some other guy shooting a bushy. First up, my Govt Carbine that is my prized possesion (I bought it when I was 19 for 800 bucks). Shot off a few rounds and put her back in the nylon case.Went on to shoot a few more guns over the next hour.... Now this nylon case was high dollar and high quality mind you...it had the handle on the top and the zipper would "zip-up" at the bottom. Needless to say I found out the hard way why I should have always checked to see if the case was zipped shut before lifting up on the handle.
...long story short...my prized gun wound up falling out like a fat skydiver and impacting under a faulty chute! FU*K!!!
I cried, I beat myself, and now only buy Eagle Discreet Cases that zip and carry from the top!

..oh yeah..small gash (just a flesh wound) to the tele stock ,and a small graze (another flesh wound) to the rear site...

-rigid

Link Posted: 6/24/2001 3:46:35 PM EDT
[#20]
No,but I saw a guy close the barrels of a very expensive Krieghoff shotgun in the door of a 25,000 new pickup.on the upnote he didn't cry long.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top