Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2001 5:39:19 PM EDT
i know its not an AR, but i figured with the plethora of knowledge here i could get an answer. I have a hunting knife my grandfather gave me before he passed away. he found it in the woods somewhere. its pitted but its good steel and has a stag handle. on the hilt is the name:
ANTONN VINGEN JR.
SOLINGEN GERMANY
anybody ever heard of it? how old is it? any ideas?
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 7:00:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Don't know how old it is but Solingen is famous for high-quality knives, I think
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 7:06:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 7:08:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Why anyone would want to make a knife out of a tree is beyond me.

radioman
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 7:26:16 PM EDT
[#4]
There is a magazines called knives (If I'm wrong out them please tell him what the name of it is)There are a lot of people in there that you can write or send a photo to and they will tell you about the knife like about how much it's worth and all of that. I wrote them once because I bought a Ka-bar for $30 and a week later all the black enamel came off it found out it was just black white out and a good painting job well I found all these making on it wrote a letter to this magazines and found out that the Jack-ass that ripped me off had done me a favor for this was one of the earliest made Ka-bars of WW2. Just write them they tell you if its worth something or not.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:26:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Also, try [url]bladeforums.com[/url]

[red][size=4] P.R.K.
Link Posted: 6/18/2001 9:43:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
There is a magazines called knives (If I'm wrong out them please tell him what the name of it is)There are a lot of people in there that you can write or send a photo to and they will tell you about the knife like about how much it's worth and all of that. I wrote them once because I bought a Ka-bar for $30 and a week later all the black enamel came off it found out it was just black white out and a good painting job well I found all these making on it wrote a letter to this magazines and found out that the Jack-ass that ripped me off had done me a favor for this was one of the earliest made Ka-bars of WW2. Just write them they tell you if its worth something or not.
View Quote

Did you tell him.  I would have!
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 7:34:33 AM EDT
[#7]
Aggie, post in the Bernard Levine forum at the following link.  He is one of the best at appraisal and historical identification.

[url]http://www.bladeforums.com/cgi/Ultimate.cgi?action=intro&category=1[/url]
Link Posted: 6/19/2001 6:28:48 PM EDT
[#8]
thanks guys, this'll help out a lot. i didnt have any idea where any good knife forums were.
Link Posted: 6/20/2001 12:21:56 AM EDT
[#9]
[url]knifeforums.com[/url]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top