Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/12/2001 10:22:11 AM EDT
[url]http://www.worldnetdaily.com/frame/direct.asp?SITE=dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20010612/pl/army_berets_1.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:38:11 AM EDT
[#2]
If you dont soak and shave it, you'll look like an escaped pastry chef.  No ifs, ands or buts, you WILL look like Chef Frenchie at your local bakery.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:40:38 AM EDT
[#3]
I thought they cancalled the order?!?!?!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:42:26 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:47:35 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
EARNED NOT ISSUED !!!! 11B1P
View Quote

Thats the way it should be!!!

Glad I joined the Corps instead!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 10:59:30 AM EDT
[#6]
They cancelled the order with China, they were made in the US instead.

Kharn
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:15:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Why do the berets have to be black? I know they want to motivate the troops, but it devalues the black berets that guys have worked hard for.  Brown berets could look pretty sharp.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:24:36 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Why do the berets have to be black? I know they want to motivate the troops, but it devalues the black berets that guys have worked hard for.  Brown berets could look pretty sharp.
View Quote

The rangers are going to a brown in color hat..it was from a campaign earlier this century and they wernt allowed to wear them until now
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 11:52:23 AM EDT
[#9]

``When worn properly, the beret is form fitting to the head,'' says written do's and don'ts. ``Therefore, soldiers may not wear hairstyles that cause distortion of the beret.''

What about those guys whose heads will cause distortion?
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:12:48 PM EDT
[#10]
HMMM, berets now,maybe a color change later
say,baby blue maybe ?
[x]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#11]
burn,
Ranger brown ? A battle earlier this century ? Not allowed to wear until now ? No offense, but someone is feeding you a whole dumptruck of BS there. It sounds like something SMA Aunt Tlley made up.
Honor, Respect and Discipline. Earned, Not Issued. 11B2P

Strike Hold
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 1:36:49 PM EDT
[#12]
If he wanted to change something he should have changed our Class A uniforms back to brown and khaki.  BTW, what does "Army of One" mean?? sounds like its saying that teamwork is no longer needed.  Shinseki is out of touch and needs to go.

Essayons!
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 1:45:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
They cancelled the order with China, they were made in the US instead.

Kharn
View Quote

No they didn't. During the recon. plane thing they were going to destroy the unissued berets that had been delivered from China, and get some domestic berets. They decided it didn't make any sense to destroy them since they were already paid for. IIRC

If we have a war will there be a "beret gap"?? What if shipping lanes with China are cut? Will we be unable to deploy the Army due to lack of headgear?? Perhaps there is a plan to fight an indoor only war so berets won't be a neccesity.[;)] [;)] [;)]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 1:52:30 PM EDT
[#14]
I was wrong...the Army turned back or destroyed a few hundred thousand Chines berets or berets with Chi-Com content..History of the beret movement in US Army
[url]http://globalspecops.com/rangerberet.html[/url]
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#15]
I want to f'n puke.  At least I earned mine, and got out before this whole candy ass pansy bull... happened.
Airborne.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 3:46:46 PM EDT
[#16]
I just remember them being extremely hot here in Florida in the summer.  You could overlook the problems with wearing the beret because of the history and pride, but now that the  beret is shared by every soldier I believe it will be known as a pain in the ass.   11B4S  A/3/11th
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top