Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/11/2001 12:48:03 PM EDT
I took my BM Dissipator flat top out today for the first time. It has a DPMS detachable sight on it to back up my Aimpoint. Only one problem, I had to bring the aperture all the way to the left to get my groupings correct. At that position they are barely zeroed! BM says that they will have to re-align the barrel. What does everyone think? Thanks in advance for any help.[>:/]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 12:50:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like an overtorqued barrel.  Let Bushmaster fix it under warranty.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 8:28:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I had a similar problem with a Bushmaster. They will tweek the barrel indexing pin. No need to worry about being in warranty they do those kind of repairs/adjustments at no cost to you. You only have to send the upper. They will make it right.
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 9:23:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Another snake bite victum! [smoke]
Is it just me or are there a lot of people reporting snake bites lately?
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 9:31:16 PM EDT
[#4]
Rob Dog, is your rifle a factory Bushmaster or did someone build it from a kit? The one I had repaired was built from a kit. There are alot of unskilled "gunsmiths" out there.
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 6:02:39 AM EDT
[#5]
This comes from torquing the barrel nut while holding the barrel.  The nut actually tightens on the upper receiver and the index pin has to resist the torque.  It was never meant to do this.  Hold the upper receiver while torquing and this won't happen.

Norm
Link Posted: 6/12/2001 7:25:00 PM EDT
[#6]
It is a factory gun.  The people at BM are more than helpful, and I am sending it back.  Thanks for the help.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top