Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2001 7:04:16 AM EDT
Marylanders: House Bill 806 (The Self Defense Act of 2001) will bring shall issue concealed carry to Maryland.  Please write your Delegates and Senators to encourage them to sponsor this bill.
Write to them here: http://mlis.state.md.us/cgi-win/mail32.exe

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 3:43:17 AM EDT
[#1]
BTT.  Come on people!
Kharn
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 4:27:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Kharn,

swing by www.mcdl.org

Modeled after Virginia's successful VCDL group, MCDL's primary focus is concealed carry reform for Maryland.
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 6:52:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Hey guys, I've e-mailed both my state delegate and my state senator, 5th district. I plan to follow up with a phone call in the near future. Does this really stand a chance with Glendenning/Townsend in office?
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 7:06:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I hope you guys get it.  For your sake and hopefully the VA permit will be honored in MD.
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 8:02:57 AM EDT
[#5]
I hope you guys get it.  For your sake and hopefully the VA permit will be honored in MD.
View Quote

That'll be the day...
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 9:13:22 AM EDT
[#6]
No, it doesn't stand a chance.

Even if it passed, the MSP would refuse to issue permits anyway.  They routinely withhold purchase non-disapprovals for anyone living in a minority area.

I think our only hope is reciprocity.  Maybe then we could all apply by mail for Florida permits.
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 9:17:12 AM EDT
[#7]
If they pass this CCW bill, as a "compromise" the GOP will pass HB1125 imposing the $5 per round tax on ammunition. Ain't appeasement great?
Link Posted: 2/13/2001 9:43:42 AM EDT
[#8]
If they pass this CCW bill, as a "compromise" the GOP will pass HB1125 imposing the $5 per round tax on ammunition. Ain't appeasement great?
View Quote

Yup, you can have the gun, but we'll make sure you can't have the ammo.

Last I heard, ammo could still be transported over state borders.........
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top