Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:29:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Kerry made up a story about meeting with the Security Council.
He used this lie as Justification for his one time support for the War in Iraq.

Think about it.
His Justification for his vote...was based on a lie.
A lie that was debunked by the Foreign Leaders whom he claims love him so.

And if this one doesn't stick, the next one might.

Either way, It'll keep me entertained for the next 18 hours.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Neither Cin,... they will be pushing the NYT's story and figure if they ignore the story about them it will go away.

Yep. That story will be in the highest rotation.

It's got legs up the wazoo.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:31:16 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Kerry lied about a meeting - big deal.

"Bush lied, men died"

Next?

Quoted:
The best October Surprise is not the one that goes over the top... but I understand what Cincinatus is saying... If there is a steady increase in weight, eventually a straw will break the camel's back. That would be an ingenious way to do it if done right. If something new comes out every day and the Kerry campaign has to spend each day challenging some new charge, they can never get on message and the last impression that the electorate will have will be Kerry constantly having to defend his honesty.

I like it.

Keep him and his integrity on the defensive day after day, and he will appear, even to the most braindead undecided idiot, to be lying.  

I like that part as well.  
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:33:13 PM EDT
[#4]
We'll see.
That story NYT story is SOOOO researched, it's old.
Old news in this cycle is SPUN news. Remeber during 2000? Remember the pace of the news?  Remember how Newspapers became old news before you read them?
Read the NYTIMES story.
It's hollow.
It's all about "European Inspectors had been warning for months...."

It will be dispatched quickly.
Or not.
Either way, there's going to be alot out there to compete with it.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:36:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:37:33 PM EDT
[#6]
Liberals boards are now whining...they are saying the Wash Times is a Bush mouthpiece, blah, blah. This has got them spooked. They are already spinning without any denials.

Trouble, if he's lying.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:38:30 PM EDT
[#7]
The NYT story is OLD.

The story about Kerry lying is not.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:40:10 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm thinking it will be like the debate crib sheet, a blip on the RADAR. In many cases, if the big 3 do not carry a story, its just not on the typical Americans mind. The MSM know this IS the week that Kerry must make a breakout (even if they have to use juiced poll numbers), and they will not give this story much play. Sure Fox might bring it up, but how a story spreads is through the Big 3, and they do NOT care about what effects their coverage will do to the bottom line.    
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:46:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:21:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Here's the liberals already in full deny mode..it ain't even tomorrow yet!

www.dailykos.com/story/2004/10/24/21359/463
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:23:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Update: I know I haven't sourced the assertion that Kerry met with everyone. When we see the story, with the names of the ambassadors who claim not to have met with Kerry, then it'll be easy enough to refute the allegations.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:25:13 PM EDT
[#12]
So in order to protect Kerry, he will have to call the ambassadors liars?

Nice.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 9:29:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 10:07:40 PM EDT
[#14]
"I've (Kerry) met with foreign leaders who can't go out and say this publicly," he said. "But, boy, they look at you and say: 'You've got to win this. You've got to beat this guy. We need a new policy.' "

ya want to know who he met with???

"The president [Arafat] is frustrated with Bush's policies," he said. "The president [Arafat] thinks Kerry will be much better for the Palestinian cause and for the establishment of a Palestinian state."

MG
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 11:05:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Granted, not a knock-out punch.

Still, Kerry has lost his momentum and desperately needs to regain it this week.

All this needs to do is keep him off balance for those few days.

As the cliché goes – this could steal his oxygen!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:34:01 AM EDT
[#16]
Good Morning.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:45:59 AM EDT
[#17]
J F'N KERRY: " I actually decided to meet with the security council, before i decided against it."
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:50:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Kerry's a liar?  Huh, learn something new every day.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 4:55:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Remember, folks, if Kerry is on the DEFENSIVE, he CANNOT go on offense without blatently ignoring the issue (bad) or looking like he's saying, "SEE! HIM TOO!" (also bad).

Besides, this strikes at the heart of his so-called foregin policy. HE LIED ABOUT MEETING WITH THEM, AND VOTED FOR WAR WITHOUT MEETING WITH THEM.

He's screwed either way...

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:01:54 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
So in order to protect Kerry, he will have to call the ambassadors liars?

Nice.

CRC

Yeah! That, too!

So he's going to be calling the members of the security council liars, and he has already called the head of Iraq a liar!

And THIS is a guy who says he'll work with our ALLIES?
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:13:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Once he stops spinning....

....another story will pop up.

He'll be on his heels for the rest of the week.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:23:40 AM EDT
[#22]
I got my popcorn, cause it is going to be a feature presentation!
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:24:14 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
So he lies.

Or at least really distorts the truth.

CRC

Agreed.

John Kerry being a liar is not a new revelation.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 5:41:35 AM EDT
[#24]
It is in THIS news cycle.

People are paying more attention now.
If a story pushes .03% of the undecideds away from Kerry, it can mean the difference.
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 7:59:26 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:04:54 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Neither Cin,... they will be pushing the NYT's story and figure if they ignore the story about them it will go away.

Yep. That story will be in the highest rotation.

It's got legs up the wazoo.

GWBush's quiver is empty and so the only "October Surprise" is THIS story which has dominated the news all week and which came from a highly coordinated effort between the United Nations, the Mainstream Media and the Kerry Campaign.

Sigline
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
V
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top