Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/8/2001 1:40:22 PM EDT
Just wondering, I saw a technique in the Army manual, where you need to shoot quick. Instead of using the rear peep you shoulder the weapon, look just over the carry handle, put the  'ears' of the front sight on the enemy?

Anybody ever tried this, I guess its kinda like the point and shoot technique for pistol.
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:09:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Aren't the ears of the front sight set to bracket a human at 100 yds?
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:35:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that what they call flash sight picture in the Army manual. Flash sight picture used to be a technique that was used in combat pistol work at night, where you used the muzzle flash to illuminate your target and then aim and fire your second shot before the target went black again. I don’t know how good it worked since I never tried it. It should also work with a post ban rifle if you are close enough to your target.  

Sniper for Justice          

VINCE AUT MORIRE (Conquer or Die)
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:40:41 PM EDT
[#3]
saw a manual for something called "quick kill" i think. training was with a bb gun. is that what you're talking about?
Link Posted: 6/8/2001 2:56:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 6/11/2001 6:53:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Scenario would be close quarters, you are in SAME ROOM with bad guy and bad guy is raising his weapon.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top