Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 6:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Reanodizing something worth $12k+ would take some balls. I'd paint it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm calling BULLSHIT.

Those marks on the lower are from USE and WEAR. No goddamn way a key or a pissed-off wife did that.

Ask to see the Form4's for that receiver...  I bet there are none.

Looks to me like somebody was in the sandbox and smuggled a stripped receiver home in thier duffle bag.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:08:07 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It appears the lower was seperated from the upper when she did the dastardly deed.

No, the upper and all the parts attached to the lower were removed when it was stolen from the armory. Makes it alot easier to hide.

Show me the matching parts from the rifle that were "keyed" and I'll be a believer.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:11:17 PM EDT
[#4]

Dragracer_Art,

It's an Olympic lower.  I don't appreciate you calling me a liar and a fool and my squad leader a liar and a thief because you looked at a two pictures on the internet and think you are Sherlock Fucking Holmes.

Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:18:53 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Dragracer_Art,

It's an Olympic lower.  I don't appreciate you calling me a liar and a fool and my squad leader a liar and a thief because you looked at a two pictures on the internet and think you are Sherlock Fucking Holmes.

Well unless his wife ran the rifle through the fucking dryer with a box full of hammers, I don't know how it could possibly be made to look like that.

BTW, I didn't call you a liar... I just said "Bullshit"
You offered up the story and the pics... I just don't believe it. Simple as that.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:20:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:21:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
My good friend and squad leader in my National Guard unit is also a deputy sheriff and SWAT team leader.  He purchased a Class III M4gery back in 95 - 96 or so for about $4000.  When he got divorced a couple of years ago, this is what his wife did to get back at him for whatever:
SHE KEYED THE SH!T OUT OF HIS RIFLE!

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=32688&iGalleryUnq=1628&iImageUnq=31414

photos.ar15.com/WS_Content/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?sAccountUnq=32688&iGalleryUnq=1628&iImageUnq=31415

Look at it!  Now it looks like crap!  Still runs OK, though.  But still - what an awful woman!

its not as bad as it looks. It can always be refinished. that is why however alot of my firearms will only be within MY grasp when I get married. we will probably have 'his & her' safes.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:23:27 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dragracer_Art,

Well unless his wife ran the rifle through the fucking dryer with a box full of hammers, I don't know how it could possibly be made to look like that.

BTW, I didn't call you a liar... I just said "Bullshit"
You offered up the story and the pics... I just don't believe it. Simple as that.

You say "use and wear" could cause that damage, but that she could not INTENTIONALLY cause that damage?  Does that make sense in YOUR world?  It sure doesn't in mine!

FWIW, in 12 years in the Army with 3 as an armorer, I have never seen "use and wear" produce a receiver that looked like that.  Besides, that makes it out of spec and would require a touch-up with SFL - or be trashed all together.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:38:55 PM EDT
[#9]
like i tell my brother. she may be a bitch but you married her.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:39:18 PM EDT
[#10]
www.NoMarriage.com...
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
she should be disembowled with a belt sander

Yeah, but that would take so long, and hurt a lot and be reall really mess......ahhhh, I get it.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:47:05 PM EDT
[#12]
There's a full length scratch atop the raised area that runs below and the length of the ejection port, AND the even wear along the top of the raised area of the bottom of the magazine well (right side, below ejection port)!  The area just above the backstrap of the pistol grip looks well worn too.

By the looks of it, all the raised areas have even wear.

The rifle must have been very well worn before wifey got ahold of it!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 7:59:26 PM EDT
[#13]
Leave it as is. It will be a good reminder to look for a woman that will have your best intrest at heart.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:15:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Big fucking deal . The bitch fucked up his Gun . WHAAAAAAAAAA.

Try having her pull the "He beat me card" Because she has tits and can get away with faking it .
Or maybe the Take your kid away from you and never let you see or talk to her card because she has tits and can get away with it .
Or how about the ever popular Even though I said you could have an hour extra visitation seeing as it is the very first holiday I have ever let you see your daughter I changed my mind and if you don't give her to me right now all it takes is a smack in the face and they will arrest you again ?
Or how about bring stolen government property to your house as "A gift" and then getting pissed off when you give it to the cops five minuets after they leave because you want nothing to do with it ?

When you have dealt  a REAL PSYCHO ex wife some scratches on gun don't mean shit
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:46:01 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
A.......The bitch must pay.
B.......Why wasn't it in a safe that she didn't know the combo to ?
C......refinish it and keep right on shooting.
D......The bitch must pay.

+1
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:55:02 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Dragracer_Art,

Jesus, the answer is simple. send the receiver to Olympic, they'll cut a new one and send it back. They are the only company that puts this kind of support behind their RRs.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#17]
if they didn't have a p$ssy they would all have a bounty on their head

paint it shoot it dont frigin worry about it
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 9:26:00 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I wish I could suggest the place where to stick a red hot poker in this woman, but I don't think it would be proper. In fact, I would also suggest breaking out the Jigsaw and a high-powered 1/4" drill... Use your imagination for what to do with them on such a bitch that would do that.

God, I don't mind bitches, just don't do something this low. Someone that messes with my computer, car, or firearms is just asking for personal injury.

PUSSY?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:17:00 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dragracer_Art,

Jesus, the answer is simple. send the receiver to Olympic, they'll cut a new one and send it back. They are the only company that puts this kind of support behind their RRs.

Are they allowed to remanufacture an NFA/class III lower?
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:18:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Why did he marry a bitch to begin with?

I can honestly say I have never gone out on a second date with any woman that wopuld do something like that.

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:22:11 PM EDT
[#21]
That would be one dead bitch!

Have her ass charged with destruction of property and sue her in civil court!

DAMN HER TO HELL!
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:25:11 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
she should be disembowled with a belt sander

Thanks TRH, I needed a laugh after seeing that.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:28:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Just looks like a beat up LE lowerpost from another thread.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:35:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I truly can not understand how a person could do something like that to something so handsome.

That's going for the sore spot right there.  What a bitch.
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 10:51:17 PM EDT
[#26]
do the same to her car
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 11:01:33 PM EDT
[#27]
Are you saying that upper was on that lower when it was keyed?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:37:48 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dragracer_Art,

Are they allowed to remanufacture an NFA/class III lower?

Yep.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:39:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:42:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Brass, you disagreeing or asking? Because last I heard BATFE was allowing them, and no ruling had come out forbidding it. They are the only ones who do this, though.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:46:27 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 1:47:36 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Brass, you disagreeing or asking? Because last I heard BATFE was allowing them, and no ruling had come out forbidding it. They are the only ones who do this, though.

It is a "grey area" last I knew.

Treat it like gold.

Yeah, last I heard ATF was unofficially allowing it and had issued no formal declaration.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:12:01 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:13:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:39:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Proof a bitch didn't do it. The rifle still is in one piece.
My wife said if I ever fucked around on her, she'd put my guns on a train track.
And we live too close to a train track to take any chances.

-Steve
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:47:03 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
That looks bad, but I think a simple refinishing would cure it...

For a REAL divorce horror story, let me tell the story of my ex-wife, a portable bandsaw, and my pristine HK94 that she gave a barrelectomy to....

6 years later, it still sits in a case, unrepaired...I just can't bear to look at it.......<sob, whimper>

Sounds like me n you gotta sit down and swap divorce stories.  

Damn .......... I'm  glad I had an easy divorce . I still keep my big safe at my Her house
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:24:03 AM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/locagrrl/LEcrap.jpg

Both of these threads are mine.  That is the same weapon in both pics.

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:50:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Its an f-----d up situation but it could be a lot worse.......I was expecting to see the gun completely destroyed.......I know a couple guys who went through a divorce and their wife "legally" got their guns. Not trying to undermine the damage to the weapon in question here - just stating that its not a total loss -just a f----d up thing for her to do on her part.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:03:37 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is a "grey area" last I knew.

Treat it like gold.

FWIW...

I know for absolute FACT that Oly has been replacing these receivers. I personally know of two that have been done, have seen them with my own eyes and held them in my hands. It's my understanding that Olympic will only deal directly with a C3 dealer/mfg. Cost is approx $100-$150. They will also replace a cast receiver with a forged unit if requested. After seeing the replacement that was returned, the only thing I didn't care for was the huge bold engraving. I guess all the newer receivers look like this.  It is in fact a brand spanking new receiver with the same markings and serial number...
Just figured I'd help clear up any "grey area" regarding this.
The C3 dealer/mfg who had this done, regularly posts in the M16 section...  

And as a side note...

I find it pretty strange that a guy would carry his personal Class3 firearm in the trunk of a Police Dept cruiser... Methinks BATF would REALLY frown on that stupidity. Especially when Police Depts get "donations" and "special deals" on military hardware. I suspect that M16 is either a confiscated criminal's gun, or is owned by the department as an Ex-military gun...  Unless that is, the cop was "posing" his personal guns for the camera...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 5:43:30 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v252/locagrrl/LEcrap.jpg

Both of these threads are mine.  That is the same weapon in both pics.

So as a LEO he's been using his personal NFA weapon on patrol? Now that I find extremly hard to swallow. Why in the world would any cop who happens to personally own a 10,000 dollar full auto want to take it out on patrol, when if he's actually permitted to use FA weapon for work, not have the department buy a new one for about a grand?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:12:00 AM EDT
[#41]
Those scratches com from trying to satisfy a certain itch
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:13:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:18:49 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:
A couple of hundred bucks and it will look brand new...if thats his biggest problem with his divorce he got off easy.

+1
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:23:01 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
I find it pretty strange that a guy would carry his personal Class3 firearm in the trunk of a Police Dept cruiser... Methinks BATF would REALLY frown on that stupidity.

art, i know several cops that carry their own title II firearms in the trunks of their cruisers.

Dang... That's just crazy...  A personal $10k firearm riding around in the trunk all day when the dept can buy a new one for $600...  Unreal...
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 6:36:19 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
She was in control of a Class 3 weapon?

Excellent point. And this guy is a cop?

I don't know all the intimate details of his previous marriage, but this happened BEFORE he became an LEO.

Well your squad-leader/deputy-sheriff/SWAT-team-leader buddy committed a felony.

It is illegal for anyone else to have access to where the registered NFA weapon is stored except:
- the individual owner for a non-corporate transfer
- members of the corporation for a coporate transfer

You didn't do him any favors by posting the fact on a public Internet forum.
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:31:07 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Well your squad-leader/deputy-sheriff/SWAT-team-leader buddy committed a felony.

It is illegal to for anyone else to have access to a registered NFA weapon expcept:

If that's true, then how do machine gun shoots work?  Everybody gets together and only shoots their own guns?  What about ranges that rent machine guns?  Do they commit multiple felonies on a regular basis?
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:44:46 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It is illegal to for anyone else to have access to a registered NFA weapon expcept:

If that's true, then how do machine gun shoots work?  Everybody gets together and only shoots their own guns?  What about ranges that rent machine guns?  Do they commit multiple felonies on a regular basis?

At machinegun shoots, all transferrable MG's must be in control by their owner's at all times. When you are letting someone else fire your MG, you must be there and be in control of the situation. You can't just hand them the gun and ammo and be back later.

Rental guns must be "post-dealer samples" only. No transferrables or pre-samples are legally allowed.

When you are not directly in control of your transferrable NFA weapon, it must be stored in a location (safe/safe-deposit box/...) that is is only accessable by the person who's name is on the Form 4 or the members of the corporation whose name is on the Form 4.

Maybe she broke into his storage facility (safe/...).

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:51:42 PM EDT
[#48]
It's always the children that suffer!

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 3:59:36 PM EDT
[#49]
nice urban camo job....................run it..........................................
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 4:16:02 PM EDT
[#50]
That is for sure an Olyarms lower, looks just the same as my old SGW/Palmetto Armory lower (semi).  It was machined out of barstock aluminum, it was soft.  Pin holes egg out with time and the finish was definitely not hard coat or mil spec.  That's why it is easily damaged.  
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top