Quoted:
i have a yellow wristband.

live strong.

go lance!

I have a yellow wristband, too.
I ride bikes.
I've beaten cancer twice.
Looks like I may have to beat it again.

Every yellow wristband helps fight cancer.

I think all of you people who are automatically against anything that doesn't help/affect you are full of shit.

But I support your right to voice that opinion and wish you all the best of health.

It's people like you that I wear one for!  My wife lost her father to cancer last year (his second battle) and her 16-year-old niece is going though chemotherapy right not.  I just ordered 40 more to pass out to friends and family.  I want to show cancer survivors, patients and family members that I know what they are going through and that I want to help in some small way.  If Lance can put of $5 million of his OWN CASH then I can at least wear one.  I don't care if folks here (of all places) think they are gay or trendy but I hope the money raised will one day help them from having to deal with cancer them selves.

I’ll pray for you man!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:23:33 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I wear one.  In fact, I bought 100 of them for $100.  

I am a cancer survivor.

Despite being a prick in so many ways, Lance raises alot of cash for cancer, and oversees a very tight ship that actually directly grants money to research groups who write competetive grant proposals for them.

Would you mind elaborating? I'm afraid I know next to nothing about him aside from his survival of cancer and his string of victories in France.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:25:58 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

I wear a livestrong bracelet. I have lost two family members to cancer this year. I work at *. You'll find me there every monday and every friday night. Feel free to come and make some smart-ass comment about that band or cancer & I will use you to make the grass grow you jaded cocksmokers.

r/s

Dan  

I'm with you Dan but you may want to edited out your personal information...you never know who could get ahold of it.  Believe me, some of the tough guys here aren't worth the trouble or time.  You have plenty here that know what you are going/been through so forget about the assclowns.  Some talk a big game but I'll still pray they never have to deal with cancer on a personal level.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:30:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

I wear a livestrong bracelet. I have lost two family members to cancer this year. I work at 934 west watauga avenue - johnson city, tn 37604. You'll find me there every monday and every friday night. Feel free to come and make some smart-ass comment about that band or cancer & I will use you to make the grass grow you jaded cocksmokers.

r/s

Dan  

Its a bracelet, dickhat. Don't get so worked up about it. I like the personal threats though. Way to turn the thread around
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 2:32:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Bottom Line.....It's a good cause.  I lost my father to lung cancer and I pray none of you have to watch a loved one go through that.   Hopefully with more research and better treatment you won't have to...

My wife just ordered 10 more and I think she said they are back ordered for about 2 months.  I watched an Interview with Lance and he was surprised at the response to the LiveStrong campaign.  He said they didn't want to be the biggest cancer foundation, just the best (in so far as how the money is utilized).  

More power to him and Bless you guys that are dealing with cancer and its consequences.

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:31:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info, I thought this hot chick at school was a kerry supporter or something...  I guess it is not such a bad deal.  Even if it does become a nationwide fad, is that so bad?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:49:01 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I wear a livestrong bracelet. I have lost two family members to cancer this year. I work at 934 west watauga avenue - johnson city, tn 37604. You'll find me there every monday and every friday night. Feel free to come and make some smart-ass comment about that band or cancer & I will use you to make the grass grow you jaded cocksmokers.

r/s

Dan  

Its a bracelet, dickhat. Don't get so worked up about it. I like the personal threats though. Way to turn the thread around

It's a bracelet to some in the same way a flag is just a rag to others.  Face it ace, to some people symbols mean something.  I hope you never get to know what it's like to watch someone you love die from cancer.  I've lost good friends and my grandfather to cancer.  I bought it so that others might survive.  If that's bad, then to hell with the lot of you.  Now that I know it chaps some people's asses, I don't think I'll be taking it off.

Remember the Alamo, and God Bless Texas...
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 4:50:38 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wear one.  In fact, I bought 100 of them for $100.  

I am a cancer survivor.

Despite being a prick in so many ways, Lance raises alot of cash for cancer, and oversees a very tight ship that actually directly grants money to research groups who write competetive grant proposals for them.

Would you mind elaborating? I'm afraid I know next to nothing about him aside from his survival of cancer and his string of victories in France.

Thanks!

A little harsh on my part perhaps.  He is very headstrong (pun?), and his mouth and rash personality gets him in trouble from time to time.  Truth be told, he is as close as an athlete could come to being a personal hero of mine.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:04:12 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:17:48 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I wear one and so does my wife, she is dealing with breast cancer, I feel it is a way to show her that I am helping support her through this. She asked me to put it on so I do it for her, not so somebody will think I am cool.

As long as she likes me thats all I need.

Awwww.

I hope for yoursake that was meant to be nice or a joke in very bad taste.

Hope that you never have to sit in a Doctors office and watch them explain to your wife that she may have terminal cancer and she that look on her face.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Isn't it some kind of "Single" for gay guys that your available?

It did start out as a "cancer awareness" issue, but now its really, really gay.

I thought so.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:21:59 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:31:17 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
easy i-75...i'm pretty sure she was fawning over YOUR devotion to your wife.

and i second it!

I understand Bob, but it's hard to tell sometimes with all the clowns making smartass comments more and more on this board.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:45:29 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought so.

Uh, where would you like to meet us bracelet wearing bike riders to voice that opinion?
And IPSTANDING, were you trying to spell "signal" dipshit?
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:45:35 PM EDT
[#15]
I wear a yellow bracelet.

I ride bikes.

I'm not gay or yuppie or trendy, I'm a nursing student, I'm in the hospital a lot right down the hall from oncology. Take a look at what those people are going through every single day of their life. I'm happy I bought and wear my yellow bracelet if it means that even in a small way I can help support a worthy cause.

Oh yea, I vote republican and own 15 guns including an AR. Call me gay, trendy or what you will, but before you do, go volunteer at on the ONCO floor of your local hospital and take a look.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:48:30 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm throwin' in the towel on this one. I'd like to argue, but it isn't the right place. Sorry for the disruptions
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I'm throwin' in the towel on this one. I'd like to argue, but it isn't the right place. Sorry for the disruptions

Good bye and God bless...

And BOB , GOGBLESSTEXAS,and M4arc and others, thanks for the good words.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:54:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Ba Bye!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:33:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I thought so.

Boy I don't think arfcom has seen a dumber post than this one!  "It started out as cancer awarness but now its really, really gay"?  WTF?  Has cancer been cured and no one told us?  We can take them off now because no one new is being diagnosed with cancer and a couple of meathelmets on ar15.com think they are gay?  I have news for you two, thousands of people are told they have cancer every day.  To these people something as simple as seeing someone wear a "gay" yellow band around their wrist, even if its a total stranger, represents hope!  I'm going to pray that you two never have to understand what that feels like

I've had dozens of people come up to me and ask where they can get one.  Then they tell me how their father, mother, brother, sister, husband, wife or friend just found out they have cancer.  See, in some small way that "really, really gay" band helps people.  Imagine that

FUCK!  arfcom has stooped to a new level tonight
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 9:53:02 PM EDT
[#20]
My mother died of cancer. My mother's sister died of cancer. Two of my dogs died of cancer. I had cancer and survived and I don't wear a yellow cancer awareness armband. Have nothing against them, as do some of the people here.
However, I just ordered 4 yellow jelly armbands off of eBay. They read SUPPORT OUR TROOPS.
How many of you whiners and bitchers care to throw a stone at that?
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 2:39:32 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Bottom Line.....It's a good cause.  I lost my father to lung cancer and I pray none of you have to watch a loved one go through that.   Hopefully with more research and better treatment you won't have to...

I'll second that. I lost my mother to lung cancer four years ago this Thanksgiving. From the moment she was diagnosed, she did not have much of a chance. One of the things that picked up her spirits was Lance's book "It's Not About the Bike". She picked up some strength from reading about his fight and determination. I wish she could have had the same outcome.

Call it hip, trendy or gay. I don't care. What I do care about that people frequently ask me about my bracelet and in turn, a few have bought their own. Every dollar helps. BigJ491 is correct, it is about advertising.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top