Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:46:15 PM EDT
[#1]
it's not dangerous enough over there so you have to drive into walls?

keep your head down and watch your 6!   say hi to john laney from duluth mn (he's 11B, in the 2ID - i think??) if you run into him.  he's a crazy fucker and a friend of mine.

Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:49:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for your service TC!  Get well soon.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:15:39 AM EDT
[#3]
Our society is able to do all this worthless bullshit because of you!

Thank you very much, we are forever indebted.

Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:17:30 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Our society is able to do all this worthless bullshit because of you!

Thank you very much, we are forever indebted.

couldn't have said it better.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:35:54 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Thanks Tango and may all The rest of your landings be soft...

I needed to fix it a little!

You and Manic_Moran keep safe!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:52:30 AM EDT
[#6]
TC,

Looks like you got the Polaris fixed or was that another one you were driving yesterday.  Sorry, couldn't stop to chat yesterday.  Had one Iraqi car run off the road in front of our convoy yesterday (course I didn't see it since I was the rear facing heavy MG gunner).  Almost shot one car as it approached my six to quickly.  I did pick up (issued) a M1911 from one of the Company SGM Saturday.  Shot about 100 rds out of it this morning, shot low left for me.  Rest easy my friend and watch those walls.

CD
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 12:55:12 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Let's see:
I saw a plane today.
I bit my tongue, which I guess is a molar attack, not a mortar attack.
I saw a car that I would describe as a bomb today.
I've listened to at least 8 rock-and-roll songs today.
My dog almost bit my pecker while I was getting out of the shower today.
I saw Polaris (the north star) last night.

I think, maybe, that you've got it tougher.

Thanks very much for your ongoing sacrifice, commitment and patriotism in the war on terror. You, sir, are doing us all proud! Get better and be safe, even on base!

Thanks for being over there TANGOCHASER !!  

+1 for thanks and at the dog biting at his dick!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:09:42 AM EDT
[#8]
This thread is just another reminder that all the stuff I get worked up about on a daily basis is not as big as it seems. Thank you so much for busting your ass over there to make sure our's are safe here. It is appreciated. Stay safe over there.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:35:12 AM EDT
[#9]
It's been said here before, but thank you for putting my lame ass complaints about life into perspective.  Thank you so much for your service.  Hang in there and take stock in the fact that there are plenty of good people back in The States who are grateful and proud beyond words.  Here's to things getting better for you and to being safe as you protect us all!

Keep up the good work!
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:00:47 PM EDT
[#10]
CD,

It took me 3 hours to fix my gator. I had to replace the entire right side strut, tie-tod and axle. The A-arm is bent also but it seems to drive ok. Check your high side email.

Combat Diver was here yesterday. We didn't get a chance to chat, just waved as he drove out the gate.

Now add 3 more mortar attacks in the last 2 days to the plate and 1 land mine I almost stepped on yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:10:04 PM EDT
[#11]
I went to Gunstock this weekend...

without folks like yu, i wouldn't be able to do that.

Thank you.

And know that you're in a lot of folks' prayers.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Stay safe and thank you!  I hope to be helping out over there in a year or so.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:26:10 PM EDT
[#13]
Keep up the good work, watch your six and be very safe. Sorry about the bad day.., the only good day was yesterday.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 2:32:56 PM EDT
[#14]
low left, trigger finger almost in the right place, move it a little over to the right sounds like your anticipating the recoil just a bit.  Which is understandable going from M-9 to old ugly.  If the trigger  is between the first and second knuckle creases, move it to the first crease,  having it on the pad tends to add a left push while squeezing for most normal sized hands.

At least you get to shoot your bad guys., I gotta be polite to mine.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 7:37:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Stay safe...and thank you.
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:30:48 PM EDT
[#16]
To Tango and Combat, and all the other men and women serving, fighting and protecting us. Thank you, thank you for what you do,have done and will be doing so my kids can grow up in this free country of ours, I ll be 38 next month so theres not a whole lot I can do now except work and pay my taxes, but  ladies and gentlemen we all are forever in your debt, now go spend my money, stay safe and may God bless you and your familys while your away.
Randy
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 11:33:45 PM EDT
[#17]
GodSpeed.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:46:33 AM EDT
[#18]
I read ar15.com too much.  Last night I had a dream I was at a base in Iraq and someone like TC was leading us over to the berm because insurgents were hanging around and we were going to kill them.  I don't know what happened next though.

GunLvr
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:50:39 AM EDT
[#19]

War is hell.  Anyone want to hear my great uncles WWII stories?

I went down last year and documented him on video talking about it, before it was too late.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:52:01 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
My day was excellent because of what you and the rest of the military are doing.

Thank you so much!

MG

+4
Thanks for keeping my kids safe!

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:55:56 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
shoot the dog.
shoot the cars.
shoot the tangos.

hell, shoot the polaris!

keep your head down and come home safe!

at what point do you shoot the rock chuckers?

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:00:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
So far I've survived being shot at in a plane, 15 mortar attacks (some damn close), 1 car bomb, 8 rock chucking incidents, and attacked by dogs.

So I'm driving around by one of our entrance points today and the tie-rod on my Polaris UTV breaks and I slam head on into a wall. Sumabitch. Every freaking muscle in my body hurts. I got a knot on my shin the size of the hope diamond and it feels like someone beat me with a baseball bat.

Hell, I just got back from R&R 4 days ago. This is going to be a long tour if this sh*it keeps happening to me.

How was your day?

Better than yours.  

Stay safe.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 7:47:04 AM EDT
[#23]

How was your day?

Im not cold or wet and damn sure no one is shooting at me, so its a damn good day.

Be safe

George Orwells quote:
"We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

Thanks to all who help me sleep at night.

Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:48:11 AM EDT
[#24]

Originally posted by Skiandshoot

at what point do you shoot the rock chuckers?

I shoot at them when the rocks are bouncing off my SAPI plates, or my Polaris, or my head, or what the hell, as soon as I see one come over the wall. I'm alot faster on the trigger than when I first got here.

Add 2 more rocket attacks today. Judas Priest these rag heads get violent when they fast all day.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 11:59:27 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Add 2 more rocket attacks today. Judas Priest these rag heads get violent when they fast all day.

If I had to go hungry I'd be pissed too.

You stay safe.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:11:18 PM EDT
[#26]
Hell, you can't go to the porta potty without your body armor and helmet anymore.
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 12:58:15 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
War is hell.  Anyone want to hear my great uncles WWII stories?

I went down last year and documented him on video talking about it, before it was too late.

while this post is aimed at BeetleBailey, it can be for anyone who knows a vet.....

I have heard it said that the rate of veterans passing on every day is in the high 1,000's and that means that our living history of those conflicts/wars is passing with them.

real stories (as in factual ones) should be shared with friends and family so that we will have the lessons and experiences to learn and benefit from

what good would their sacrifices be, if no one remembered why we did it, and what it meant to win.

CD, TC, and the rest of you vets from every conflict...........Thanks
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:38:59 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:01:25 AM EDT
[#29]
15 November. 3 more hits tonight. I keep thinking how strange it is when everyone else is running for the bunker, my jobs requires me to run for the impact site. I just love this force protection shit.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:04:53 AM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
15 November. 3 more hits tonight. I keep thinking how strange it is when everyone else is running for the bunker, my jobs requires me to run for the impact site. I just love this force protection shit.

Your balls have to clang when you run!

Me?  I'd be finding a hole.  A deep one, preferably.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:05:28 AM EDT
[#31]
15 November. 3 more hits tonight. I keep thinking how strange it is when everyone else is running for the bunker, my job requires me to run for the impact site. I just love this force protection shit.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:18:44 AM EDT
[#32]
My wife and I had an utlrasound yesterday, found out we're having a girl!

Still unpacking boxes from moving into a new house.

Working my ass off during running 5 million bucks worth of excavation work in Southern Maine.

Stay safe soldier, we appreciate your efforts out there!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 10:32:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Tango Chaser<

God Speed....  Shoot who you need to shoot, guard what you need to guard and get that red white and blue ass of yours back here ASAP so you can start enjoying all the free booze people will buy you once your in the good 'ol US of A.

My thoughts and prayers are with you....

JIM

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:54:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Thanks for your service and my prayers are with you.

Go get some war souvenirs.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top