Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:53:14 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I think money is the biggest barrier (isn't it always).  Although the hassle of transfers is a real headache too.

I was lucky mine was in state.

Local class 3 dealer is a jackass (Im being nice)
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:08:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Taxman - do you have the Uzi .22 kit?  If not Vector is making more of them and they should be available real soon now.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:08:38 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Too much money.

Not enough places to shoot it around my area.

The local CLEO would laugh in my face.

It would be fun novelty at first, but then I would grow tired of it.  (Similar to being a boat owner.)

have you ever shot full auto?

Yes Hk 91,HK53,  And last weekend Glock model 18

Man that pistol rocks talk about rounds per minute holy shit.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:08:59 AM EDT
[#4]
Yea I got one of the IMI ones and a 45 kit.

That Uzi 22 bolt thing is hard to cock.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:28:31 AM EDT
[#5]
I can't wait for Vector to make more .45 kits.  Do you have the greasegun lower or just use the IMI 16 rounders?

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:46:25 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

I just couldnt see how someone would get tired of it, I mean its sort of like sex

I dont get sex but alteast I can shoot Full Auto stuff

For trade: 1 redhead, good cook, great sex, bitchy attitude.
Asking: 1 NFA weapon.
PM me.

If you throw in a boat and motor, I'm in.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 12:59:31 AM EDT
[#7]
I think machine guns are grossly overpriced. I wouldn't mind having one but for the money I can do more important things. I DO want a suppressor but can't own one here. As soon as I get to a state where suppressors are allowed I'll likely have one for every firearm I own.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:14:22 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
OK Im looking hard at those 249 Uppers and RPD uppers for a MAC.

The place that sells them is about 10 miles away.

I never should have shown you that link, huh?  You're gonna have M249 fever and I'm to blame!

I heard, and I hope you'll find that I'm wrong, that those conversions are in the $10,000 range.  I'm guessing cuz there ain't no cheap 249 parts kits out there.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:15:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
is the SBR worth the $200 and the hassle?

Not unless your're doing work with it, IMHO.

The novelty wears off pretty quick. I like the added challenge of hitting shit at 200 yards.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:18:22 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The parts (RDIAS & RLL) don't in themselves cost much to manufacture and are not that complex to make myself, so I have to say it is the federal and state laws alone that prevent me.

That too........if they'd start approving form1s so we could make our own RDIASs I think I'd be selling some stuff to pay for a half-dozen tax stamps and get to work.  But, as of yet, they're not approving them....thus the money issue I mentioned before
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:26:20 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

PM me.

Uh, PM sent.

You ruined it, I was trying for a group buy

Timeshare?  

That'd be bad. You guys couldnt handle her for more then an hour, so a timeshare might be too much for ya.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:32:53 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Timeshare?  

That'd be bad. You guys couldnt handle her for more then an hour, so a timeshare might be too much for ya.

I wouldnt say that, but Im not exactly a people person
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 1:36:32 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

I just couldnt see how someone would get tired of it, I mean its sort of like sex

PM me.

HEY!! I'm talkin about tradin some Red Snapper here! You dont need no stinkin boat to go fishin anymore!!
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:08:01 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

PM me.

HEY!! I'm talkin about tradin some Red Snapper here! You dont need no stinkin boat to go fishin anymore!!

What abouit layway?  

wganz

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:09:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

PM me.

If it floats, flies, or fucks, it's cheaper to rent it. At least MG's don't fit that rule since you can sell them at a profit after you have your way with them!

Back on topic, M16 here.....
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:18:47 AM EDT
[#16]
I'm military--I move around too frequently to keep an NFA weapon.  I would hate to buy one, only to find out six months later that I'm moving someplace where they are illegal.

But  I've already told my wife that after I retire, one of my requirements for where we settle is it's got to be a Class III state.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:29:14 AM EDT
[#17]
I had to buy one after bf 3. At $1474, I couldn't pass on a mac .45/9mm. Then I bought a dillon 650 to feed the little beast. I think I have the cost down to about $60 a thousand in .45. I have a tab with the bullet caster.lol
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:32:44 AM EDT
[#18]
1.  Money.
2.  Need a gun safe.
3.  It bothers me that my wife is not allowed to have access to my gun safe if I happen to have a suppressor, SBR or full auto in it.  It would suck to have someone breaking into my house when I'm not there, and she gets in the safe for her revolver and shoots the BG only to have myself brought up on federal firearms charges for her having access to my Class III weaponry.

It should be written that you are responsible for the Class III weaponry no matter who has it on your property, and you must be have direct control of it when you're not on your property.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:33:36 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I had to buy one after bf 3. At $1474, I couldn't pass on a mac .45/9mm. Then I bought a dillon 650 to feed the little beast. I think I have the cost down to about $60 a thousand in .45. I have a tab with the bullet caster.lol

At that price Id want to ger 2 or 3 of them
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:34:37 AM EDT
[#20]
Ditto.......I'm active duty as well - I know of an E7 who owned a Class III weapon while stationed in Alaska but had to sell before he PCS'd to Mass. Its physically possible, but wholy impractical if your active duty military - you never know exactly when you will deploy, PCS, etc - if you can even claim residency in the state you are stationed in. Its sucks.....I could save the money and pass any background check.........but........

On the practical side, I have fired a lot of full auto and am pretty spoiled. Practically speaking, I don't need full auto - if I had full auto I would want something like an M240B (dream on), quad .50, or maybe a subgun in .45 like an M3, Thompson M1, etc. I'd be pretty particular in any case. As a rule, there is very little I can't get done with semiauto. Fullauto is fun - not very practical though unless you have a bottomless budget and can shoot with unlimited ammo. until you truly reach proficiency. For now, I'll just stick with full-auto at work
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:39:39 AM EDT
[#21]
Two tax stamps here.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 2:53:09 AM EDT
[#22]
I don't want to talk about it.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:53:51 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Taxman - do you have the Uzi .22 kit?  If not Vector is making more of them and they should be available real soon now.

Here's my Vector set-up as a suppressed 22LR along with it's little brother. I also have the 45ACP kit.

Winchester high-velocity seems to work best in it and still stays sub-sonic most of the time. Have it running nearly 100% in 22LR. Never fails in 9MM. Haven't tried 45ACP, yet.

Also added pictures of my other NFA toys.

Vector standard and mini UZI's:
www.lhup.edu/dfisher/uzi01.jpg

Factory Colt M16-A1/HBAR Model 621:
www.lhup.edu/dfisher/m1601.jpg
www.lhup.edu/dfisher/m1602.jpg
www.lhup.edu/dfisher/m1603.jpg

Beretta BM-59 (M-14):
www.lhup.edu/dfisher/bm5901.jpg
www.lhup.edu/dfisher/bm5902.jpg
www.lhup.edu/dfisher/bm5903.jpg
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 3:55:41 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It would be fun novelty at first, but then I would grow tired of it.  (Similar to being a boat owner.)

FA - better than Viagara.

(for those who might need such "assistance.")  

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:21:02 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:29:24 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yes.

If you think shooting FA is as good as sex, you're doing it wrong.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:30:43 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Need to buy a house and a gun safe first.

Same reason I don't have a Gemtech yet.  I am preparing for the future though and am working on having a Bi-lock installed on my next two builds.  That way all I have to do is get the can itself when I'm ready.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:30:53 AM EDT
[#28]
I live in a state where it's legal, but no CLEO will sign in my county. I don't want to incorperate either.

There is a loophole that a friend of mine used that requires neither of the 2 choices above. Actually an amazing loophole, but I need to look in to it a little closer. My friend works on a gun shop, and has told me that not only has he used this legal loophole successfully, but so have 3 or 4 of his friends, all legal machine gun owners. We'll see.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:40:18 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
I think machine guns are grossly overpriced.

no shit.

so's the suv, oversized p/u truck or car most folks drive.

how much semi-auto stuff do you own? i look at guys with a safe (or safes) full of high zoot semi stuff, driving a less than 3-year old 4x4 extendo-cab truck, living in a $200,000+ home...and they bitch that they can't afford full auto.

i hear it all the time...usually from some dweeb with a lucian picard or tag heuer on his wrist and a parazzi in his hand.

i hear it from the same guys that have $2500 worth of crap bolted on their ar15 that is busy yakking away and running up his tab on a cell phone or typing away on a $1500 laptop.

i hear it from guys with a high maintanance bimbo hanging on there arm, asking them if they can go home yet because she's bored.

stop buying dumb shit for a couple of months and you just might be able to get that uzi or sten.

there are folks that can NOT legitimately afford high end firearms. you'll not find very many of them on this board.

Yeah, because saying something is overpriced and not being able to afford it is the same thing.

Not to mention, some people do have lives outside of firearms.  There is much more to life than standing around at a range and trying to impress a bunch of other geeks driving 20 year old rustbuckets.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:46:38 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:49:37 AM EDT
[#31]
I have a 45 suppressor, 22 suppressor pending and an AR SBR waiting on a CLEO sign off.  I just havent gotten by the sheriffs office.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:50:39 AM EDT
[#32]
Even if NYS allowed them, I wouldn't buy one. I shoot enough of them for the military, they don't hold any special appeal to me. I couldn't afford to feed one anyway.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:52:25 AM EDT
[#33]
i couldn't get a sign off for a .223 suppressor where i live.  i have some letters from a judge..if anyone wants to read em they're at www.hunt101.com search 'inferno715'.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:52:39 AM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Not to mention, some people do have lives outside of firearms. There is much more to life than standing around at a range and trying to impress a bunch of other geeks driving 20 year old rustbuckets.

enjoy that payment book.

Have you always been such a cranky old bastard and I missed it, or did someone driving a mercedes recently run over your pet frog?  You have had the hugest "I hate rich people and the man" chip on your shoulder of late.  Is that the only way you can feel superior driving around in your POS is to say "yeah, well at least it's paid for!"?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:53:45 AM EDT
[#35]
I love shooting, shooting sports, and guns, but they are not THAT big of a part of my life. I have more important and immediate needs than FA and $200 stamps. I'd love a can for my P22 and one for 9mm and another for ??? but I could apply that $200 for a stamp and say put gutters on the back of my house (My project this weekend I hope), or any number of other things, such as education for myself or a college fund for my kid(s).
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:54:45 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you always been such a cranky old bastard and I missed it,

Don't see how you could have missed that.  

But we love Campy.

Well, 'cept fer his thinking on price gouging.

Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:56:18 AM EDT
[#37]
Well I don't own any class three because....oh wait...I do
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:56:55 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Not to mention, some people do have lives outside of firearms. There is much more to life than standing around at a range and trying to impress a bunch of other geeks driving 20 year old rustbuckets.

enjoy that payment book.

Have you always been such a cranky old bastard and I missed it, or did someone driving a mercedes recently run over your pet frog?  You have had the hugest "I hate rich people and the man" chip on your shoulder of late.  Is that the only way you can feel superior driving around in your POS is to say "yeah, well at least it's paid for!"?

Actually I see both of your points so unwad the panties and hold on. I bought a 3 year old truck a few months ago because my old one no longer suited my needs. Now I COULD have gotten a brand new one for 15K more and it would have been, well new.I didn't want a payment either so I made exactly one (1) payment and it was all mine. I have a newer, but still nice truck and no payment, best of both worlds IMO. To each their own though.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 4:59:29 AM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

enjoy that payment book.

Thats right there Bob.  Hell in a few years that new cars going to leek ban anyway, salt, doors, carts wrecks will mess it up.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:09:43 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

enjoy that payment book.

Thats right there Bob.  Hell in a few years that new cars going to leek ban anyway, salt, doors, carts wrecks will mess it up.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you exhibit B.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:10:55 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Have you always been such a cranky old bastard and I missed it,

Don't see how you could have missed that.  
But we love Campy.
Well, 'cept fer his thinking on price gouging.

I guess it's 'cause I stay out of the POS forum (AKA the AK boards).
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:10:57 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:11:56 AM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

enjoy that payment book.

Ladies and gentlemen, I give you exhibit B.

¿
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:17:19 AM EDT
[#44]
Expensive? Yes! But it you want something FA you'll find a way to get it.  In my state we can own Full Auto weapons as long as they are not select fire. The price keeps climbing up as long as there are people willing to buy them. Personally I'm starting out going the SBR route and moving on from there.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:17:31 AM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
however, i do have a low tolerance for rationalizing and an even lower one for pure, unadulterated bullshit.

Makes me wonder how you can stand to be around yourself.

Again, "overpriced" does not mean "I can't afford it".  I can afford to buy $100/ea. dress shirts.  I don't.  Why?  because I think they are overpriced.  Same thing for an M16.  You call it an investment, yet I never hear of any one of you Class III nerds talking about how that solid investment you purchased 5 years ago helped you out in your retirement, or how you cashed in those "invesements" to buy a new house.  I don't care if you want to rush out and buy 100 of the damn things, but keep that "investment" bullshit to yourself.  Sounds an aweful lot like rationalizing to me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:18:40 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
In my state we can own Full Auto weapons as long as they are not select fire.

That's strange.  What state is that?  So basically you can have full-auto only, or semi-only, but nothing that switches between the two?  I wonder what the rationalization was behind that law.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:19:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Personally, I think SBR's and silencers should be sold like ordinary guns - over the counter. If you can pass a NICS, you should be able to buy a short barrel or a silencer. There should be no NFA restrictions on them. These are very practical devices and in the case of silencers there are health and noise pollution issues invovled.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:22:09 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:
however, i do have a low tolerance for rationalizing and an even lower one for pure, unadulterated bullshit.

Makes me wonder how you can stand to be around yourself.

Again, "overpriced" does not mean "I can't afford it".  I can afford to buy $100/ea. dress shirts.  I don't.  Why?  because I think they are overpriced.  Same thing for an M16.  You call it an investment, yet I never hear of any one of you Class III nerds talking about how that solid investment you purchased 5 years ago helped you out in your retirement, or how you cashed in those "invesements" to buy a new house.  I don't care if you want to rush out and buy 100 of the damn things, but keep that "investment" bullshit to yourself.  Sounds an aweful lot like rationalizing to me.

I remember a few members cashing them in and getting things before.

I dont buy alot of things I consider overpriced.  I'll go a good ways to save money when I can.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:22:41 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
Personally, I think SBR's and silencers should be sold like ordinary guns - over the counter. If you can pass a NICS, you should be able to buy a short barrel or a silencer. There should be no NFA restrictions on them. These are very practical devices and in the case of silencers there are health and noise pollution issues invovled.

Im with you here, I expect most other members do too.
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:23:48 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:

Dude!
that is way way too rational
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top