User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:
***Arnold rolled back the Worker's Comp 20%... Yeah thats great but it went up 300% in the last 3 years! (2 steps back, 1 step forward)

DrFrige, did you see the bond issue on the CA Ballot to issue $3 Billion dollars in bonds to fund stem cell research and establish the CALIFORNIA INSTITUTE FOR REGENERATIVE RESEARCH.  Actual cost is $200 million per year for 30 years to pay off the bonds ($3billion) and interest ($3billion).  I thought we wanted to balance the budget?  This is showing a likelihood of passing.  I swear I bet you could pass a clean air, clean water or cure cancer bond every year for ANY amount.  People are clueless.

Oh yeah... taxes taxes and MORE taxes... Californians JUST DONT GET IT!!!! Yeah LA spends MILLIONS to remove "County Seals" because they have a cross on them and they may OFFEND people but emergency room closures??? OH NO!!! WE HAVE NO MONEY FOR THAT!!!

CA is gonna get what it deserves.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:10:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:
... #1 near Young turnoff from 87

... #2 near Snowflake

Snowflake Arizona, now theres some ffunny shit!

I believe it does snow around the Flagstaff area.

Man, that picture of a scorpion looks just like the one I saw in my cousins house.  Last time we were there we were scared to go pee at night for fear of stepping on one.  Didn't see one until we were litterally walking out the door.  There was one just like the one in the picture climbing up the wall.  Ugh.

BTW, what is up with drivers in AZ.  Whenever I go there I see tons of accidents.  I think I saw seven in a three day period on the freeway.  One was a guy going down a straight frontage road and somehow managed to flip his new truck???  Is it the heat going to the brain?
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 10:00:59 PM EDT
[#3]
New Mexico is a fine place to live.  I live south of Albuquerque, and it's pretty quiet down here.  There are lots of choices for housing, large expensive homes in SF and ABQ, with property all around.  The East Sandia Mountains have great terrain and lots of great mtn biking, hiking, and outdoor stuff to do.  Elk, deer, ducks, geese, sandhill cranes, pheasant, quail, dove, abound depending on where you go.  Rural areas are very.  The ground doesn't shake often, the hills don't burn every year (at least not like Kali), the waters don't flood us out, and overall, we have more days of sunshine without rain than all the other states, including Florida.  If you like blue sky and beautiful sunsets, NM can't be beat.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:42:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Oh geeze, here we go with the NM/AZ thing YET AGAIN.

You and Mom always say we're going to move somewhere, but you two give up and move to another spot to look to.

I hate California, but...MORE DESERT?! Are you insane?!

_______
Temporary Sigline
*DFD*
Eric Idle: Right. I had to get up in the morning at ten o'clock at night, half an hour before I went to bed, (pause for laughter), eat a lump of cold poison, work twenty-nine hours a day down mill, and pay mill owner for permission to come to work, and when we got home, our Dad would kill us, and dance about on our graves singing "Hallelujah."
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:47:18 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
We are looking to escape Kalifornistan, and looking into AZ or NM. Can any of you that reside in either AZ or NM tell me the pro's and con's of living there?

Thanks.

DrFrige.

Former fellow comrade... I too escaped Kalifornistan... and made it to freedom on the other side. I currently attend U of A, and man oh man, it's great to be free.

Pros:
You can own any type of gun you want.... including the full scope of class III.

There are seriously hot chicks here, even by california standards. U of A is cool, but ASU in Tempe, their chicks are just ridiculous. You will not be disappointed.
BTW... both are really good schools if that matters to you.

The cost of living here is dirt cheap compared to California. I use to live in the valley of Silicon, and let me tell you, it is cheap in Arizona. Average house prices in Silicon Valley were $500,000 for only a decent size 4 bedroom.

For $500,000 here, is can get a phat house, unless of course you want to live in say Scottsdale. Then you're getting into prices more comparable to Kalifornistan.

The weather is usually sunny, and Mexico, if you are in Tucson, is only a short distance away.

Lake Havasu is one of the greatest spring break destinations in the country... you wouldn't believe the chicks that show up there, you have to see it for yourself in person. It does any of those Girls Gone Wild videos to shame.

CONS:

It is hot... and I mean hot. Sunny yes, but not Kalifornistan sunny, waaaaaaaay hot sunny.

There are a lot of illegals here, but we are use to that in Kalifornistan, no big deal. Just transfer the spanish skills you learned in Kalifornistan to Arizonia and you're fine.

Can't think of anything else at the moment.

SO MOVE ALREADY!!!!

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 1:58:30 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I've been to both places in the middle of the summer, I have relatives in Albuquerque.  As for weather, NM wins hands down.  The summer in AZ was the hottest MF'ing place I've been too (and I've been around).  The breeze felt like a giant hairdryer on HOT blowing right at you.  F'd up.  Nobody on the streets except dumb tourists like me. Also, HUMID.  Weather changes have taken place in AZ thanks to people moving in.
NM is a lot better in the summer, but very BRIGHT.  Bring sunglasses.  The winter nights can get cold, but they usually warm up ok in the day.  NM is a lot more backwards then AZ, but maybe thats a good thing (?)  Lots of lesbians there too, and not the hot kind, the real kind (butch).  Santa Fe's prices have driven the Mexicans out, they all moved to Albuquerque.  Not much in Alb, almost like being trapped on an island.  Nearest big city is Denver which is many hours away.

That's right! Every terrible thing you said about Arizona is true! Usually worse!

It gets so fucking hot in Phoenix in the summer that many people look like cattle walking around with a seat belt buckle brand on their asses!

The city is regularly 10 degrees hotter than the surrounding desert due to the heat island effect produced by all the concrete, asphalt, and air conditioners.

Coyotes will eat any small pets you have.

West Nile virus.

Snowbirds driving a 40 foot Winnebago at 12 mph in the left with their right turn blinker on for 19 miles.

Remote enclaves of Mormon Separatists practicing polygamy.

Illegal aliens, both Mexican and OTM, streaming across the border.

Illegal alien daylaborers loitering on street corners harassing any contractors that come by in their quest for "El Norte good life." Same people trashing their congregation areas, pissing on walls, harassing passersby.

Scorpions.

Snakes.

Gila monsters.

Jumping cholla.

Dogs and cats living together.....  mass hysteria!

I keep saying this, and I firmly believe it: if it weren't for the heat in Phoenix during the summertime, this place would be worse than SoCal. As it is, the heat tends to keep a lot of the loonies from living here year-round.

You forgot to mention the fire ants....
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top