User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:27:37 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:34:09 AM EDT
[#2]
remember in Nam people were drafted even shit bag commies who hated america. so not every Vet is proud to have served his country. I for one am I and I also belive we must work till teh job is done. work hard play hard.  and after 14 months of shit storm in Iraq I wanted to go home but 2 weeks later I was bored off my ass and missed the place and still do. I feel the need to be there with my fellow wariors
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:38:57 AM EDT
[#3]
You need  to chill out if you were not in vietnam. You don't know what its all about. You
need to show a little more respect, You had no right to call him a pussy. PISSED
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:43:06 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

And by the way, did you know that 40% of our troops in Iraq are NG and Reserves? How many of them do you think "want" to be there? How many volunteered for that kind of duty?

Every single one of them, there is not a soldier Sailor, Airman or Marine left in service who id there because they were drafted, every single one of them went to a recruiter and signed up. And if the Viet Namese hated us so bad, and despised us so much, why did the North Viet Namese kill and imprison millions of South Viet Namese? What lost that war was a apathetic US population and hippies making lots of noise. Propaganda lost that war.

Edited to add: I don't think I have ever read a more ignorant or inflamatory post. It reads like a cut and paste from teh worker party of the world, or some crap like that, or maybe the DU. And yes our forces in Iraq are really the gung ho baddas MFers we think they are, they are all volunteers, serving thier country wich is something that this jackass probably can't comprehend.

+10000000

Fuck your dumbass comment about our troops, Your just like that fuckhead Kerry and his Cronies! People like you undermine the moral of our troops serving our country. What kind of duty do you think they volunteered for? Cooking class? They are Soldiers, that is what they train for and they are the best in the world. Assholes like you should remember that and give them the respect they have earned and deserve.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:50:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

And by the way, did you know that 40% of our troops in Iraq are NG and Reserves? How many of them do you think "want" to be there? How many volunteered for that kind of duty?

Every single one of them, there is not a soldier Sailor, Airman or Marine left in service who id there because they were drafted, every single one of them went to a recruiter and signed up. And if the Viet Namese hated us so bad, and despised us so much, why did the North Viet Namese kill and imprison millions of South Viet Namese? What lost that war was a apathetic US population and hippies making lots of noise. Propaganda lost that war.

Edited to add: I don't think I have ever read a more ignorant or inflamatory post. It reads like a cut and paste from teh worker party of the world, or some crap like that, or maybe the DU. And yes our forces in Iraq are really the gung ho baddas MFers we think they are, they are all volunteers, serving thier country wich is something that this jackass probably can't comprehend.

+10000000

Fuck your dumbass comment about our troops, Your just like that fuckhead Kerry and his Cronies!
       People like you undermine the moral of our troops serving our country. What kind of duty do you think they volunteered for? Cooking class? They are Soldiers, that is what they train for and they are the best in the world. Assholes like you should remember that and give them the respect they have earned and deserve.

Tell em how you really feel COZ
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:56:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:10:56 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
$10 says he was never in VN.

No offense...but most of those guys are old by now.Sgtar15

PS  No offense Ed Sr, Da_Bunny, and the rest...

Fuck You

+1 x 1,000  

Good to see you Ed, these young boys sure are cute ain't they
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:30:07 PM EDT
[#8]
AT LEAST 56 or so
thanks
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:57:06 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:08:02 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Edtied again - I'm giving up trying to say this in a friendly way so here goes....  DON"T EVER SAY ANYTHING LIKE THAT TO ME PUP!  You'll have a grey-hair with a pony tail in your face pronto!

Oh, what the heck.  Another edit - In this post you said "(I guess he figured I was in the military because of my haircut and army shirt)" but in another thread you said "I am currently infantry....".  Please help me understand?

Agreed it was stupid to say that but I was steamed. <Mmmmm....  okaaaaaay >

Yeah currently 11Bravo thinking of changing my MOS.  The guy had no real proof that I was in the military my only guess at the reason he made a dumb comment was because he saw my shirt and probably assumed I was in.

Its not like a random hippey would just be yelling "were going to lose in Iraq" It was actually directed at me which I am guessing is because I looked like military. <fair enough >

Cool.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:15:47 PM EDT
[#11]
First of all, I doubt that the ass-clown was ever in any branch of the military or was ever in Vietnam.

We used to have to suffer with a certain asshole who really played-up his alleged Vietnam service and even showed up one day wearing his "VNV" motorcycle club vest ("colors") and a member of the Blue Knights (LEO motorcycle club) who was also a known Vietnam Vet called bullshit on this asshole. He pointed out that he was wearing an "Era" patch on the back of his colors, meaning that he had prospected as a regular member of their VNV club but his background didn't check out. He had served during the Vietnam war but he did all his time pushing a broom stateside. He never did one day "in country". He sounds a lot like the ass-clown you described here.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 1:36:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Ok if he really was a vet...WTF is he doing attacking you like that?

Some of the guys on this thread are saying "a vet doesn't attack another vet" and that's true. But I think where our younger vet is having the problem is He still has respect for other vets. The fat old vietnam vet (maybe) has lost that respect.

Remember..John Kerry was in Vietnam (for which he is to be credited)...but other than that ...he's a total fuck.

Fret not young one...your Kung Fu is strong

Signed

Kurt "Some people are allowed to speak only because it's against the law to kick the shit out of them" Austin
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:17:06 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
                                               Good to see you Ed, these young boys sure are cute ain't they

when we get together with them we'll let them "stand in the door" ....of an elevator,20 stories high and tell them  .......GO!  

good to see you too!

Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:17:37 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Then he turns around and says you can't talk to me like that "I WAS IN VIETNAM and I know we are going to lose this war too"

I was pretty pissed off and told him, "the reason we lost vietnam was because of pussies like you who gave up" he just walked off.

He was never in Vietnam. If he was he'd know that the soldiers won the battles, but the politicians managed throw it all away at the end. The correct response to that sort of provocation is "blow me, dickhead", followed by going about the rest of your business. When I encounter an obviously bogus "vet" I just ask what their MOS was. They look puzzled or claim to have forgotten. Nobody forgets their MOS.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:22:16 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Ok if he really was a vet...WTF is he doing attacking you like that?

Some of the guys on this thread are saying "a vet doesn't attack another vet" and that's true. But I think where our younger vet is having the problem is He still has respect for other vets. The fat old vietnam vet (maybe) has lost that respect.

Remember..John Kerry was in Vietnam (for which he is to be credited)...but other than that ...he's a total fuck.

Fret not young one...your Kung Fu is strong

Signed

Kurt "Some people are allowed to speak only because it's against the law to kick the shit out of them" Austin

I disagree, Kerry and guys like Kerry deserve no credit. They advanced their careers on the backs and bodies of their men. All wars have had these people and all wars will have these people in the future.  ( By the way, as to the original subject of this thread, I have been out for 37 yrs. and I have never seen nor heard a real Combat vet talk like this guy, no RVN vets that I know would act this way. He is most likely a phony and was treated as he should have been IMHO )
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:24:29 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Today picking up old lady at college walking back to car when some short fat hippey with a pony tail yells "your going to lose in Iraq" and then starts walking in the opposite direction. (I guess he figured I was in the military because of my haircut and army shirt)

I yell at him "what the fuck did you say man?" he just keeps walking then I yell that  "Your a traitor and a coward and you should get the fuck out of this country"

Then he turns around and says you can't talk to me like that "I WAS IN VIETNAM and I know we are going to lose this war too"

I was pretty pissed off and told him, "the reason we lost vietnam was because of pussies like you who gave up" he just walked off.

GF was pissed but I was in a real bad mood and didn't want to be fucked with!

then on the ride home I started to think maybe that was over the line, oh well thats a fucked up thing to say to someone in the service

You ought to be ashamed.  So should he, but as one of us, you ought to know better.  Give him the honor he (allegedly) deserves.  You are a bigger man than that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:29:29 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
[And by the way, did you know that 40% of our troops in Iraq are NG and Reserves? How many of them do you think "want" to be there? How many volunteered for that kind of duty?

If you volunteered for the "armed forces", you DID volunteer for that kind of duty!  If you didn't realize you might actually have to fight, you are we-todd-did.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:38:32 PM EDT
[#18]
Just because he was is Nam (if he was at all) doesn't make him a patriot or real soldier
remember Nam was 'visited' by a bunch of anti's as draftees.

plus, he did seem to start the shit didn't he?

on the other hand, a lot of guys saw things in Nam that turned them into druggies/hippies etc

so there is a chance he was a victim and couldn't help himself........................

never mind, you should have beat his ass
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:43:58 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

No offense...but most of those guys are old by now.

Sgtar15

Shaddup and make a re-enactment movie....
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:49:41 PM EDT
[#20]
If he was a Sr. Citizen then perhaps....
otherwise F'em if him if he can't take a joke
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:23:14 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgtar15

Fuck You

And you also I apologize.  It's just to be a VN vet you have to be a minimum of55 years old!

Sgtar154
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:28:25 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I doubt he ever served AT ALL, never mind being a Vietnam vet. Even a POS draftee who didn't want to be there wouldn't talk that way to somebody currently serving. He's just a hippie scumbag, nothing more. You did well.

So, those that were drafted and served in 'nam were POS???????????????

I was not making a blanket, generalized statement. Easy Francis.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 3:49:45 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgtar15

Fuck You

And you also I apologize.  It's just to be a VN vet you have to be a minimum of55 years old!

Sgtar154

Sgt, no problem, it was taken in jest BUT Ed sr and I still can and will kick your ass
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:36:13 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:37:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
WE DIDN'T LOSE IN VIETNAM

Militarily we lost, politically we won.

I think you got that ass backwards.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:50:55 PM EDT
[#26]
you should have cut his throat and shit in the hole
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 9:35:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Today picking up old lady at college walking back to car when some short fat hippey with a pony tail yells "your going to lose in Iraq" and then starts walking in the opposite direction. (I guess he figured I was in the military because of my haircut and army shirt)

I yell at him "what the fuck did you say man?" he just keeps walking then I yell that  "Your a traitor and a coward and you should get the fuck out of this country"

then on the ride home I started to think maybe that was over the line, oh well thats a fucked up thing to say to someone in the service

No the reason America lost that war is because of commanders at home and in the theatre of operations that were trying to fight a conventional war against an unconventional enemy that they didnt even begin to understand. Obsessed with body counts and other ignorant things there was no way that the US could have won.

Its just guessing but I think that if we had had good strong commanders in touch with their men on the ground, fighting and beating the enemy at their own game on their own terf and support from home then vietnam would have been another victory.

Btw you shouldnt be the one asking if you were out of line. If he was in vietnam then he should know what it is like to be a soldier. If he was a real soldier and believed that you were too then he would have treated you with mutual respect. Not yelled at you like so many servicemen got yelled at coming home from vietnam! I call BS on his being in vietnam (unless he was a camerman or reporter or some such crap.)
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:25:50 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:
                                            Sgt, no problem, it was taken in jest BUT Ed sr and or I still can and will kick your ass

Fixed it for you!

Hey sarge,while most of us are mid 50s someone could have been 18 in 1972 (heck, even in April 1975) and he would now be only 50.

I think Tom is a few years younger than crowboy,myself,osprey,daBunny,namvet69,older crow and others.

Rambowsky and Tom_jefferson might be the kiddies here at 50-54

I did notice one old-fart older than me in a thread a month or 2 ago but I'm not worried unless my other-half complains about me being "too old" - not happening so watch this Sgt....

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:49:11 AM EDT
[#29]
Did he look like he was about 58  or so?  And if he really was a Vet he would have walked up to you shook your hand and told you how he really felt!  There are a really lot of Vets that are not  happy about this engagment!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:18:30 AM EDT
[#30]
Damn you old farts sure get upset easily.....

SGtar15
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:30:39 AM EDT
[#31]
i'd agree that if you werent even alive at the time you probably shouldnt have an opinion on the war cause history books just arent the same.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:45:18 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

Quoted:
                                            Sgt, no problem, it was taken in jest BUT Ed sr and or I still can and will kick your ass

Fixed it for you!

Hey sarge,while most of us are mid 50s someone could have been 18 in 1972 (heck, even in April 1975) and he would now be only 50.

I think Tom is a few years younger than crowboy,myself,osprey,daBunny,namvet69,older crow and others.

Rambowsky and Tom_jefferson might be the kiddies here at 50-54

Thanks Ed I appreciate that
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 3:48:03 AM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Damn you old farts sure get upset easily.....

SGtar15

Sarge we get really grumpy if you catch us off our meds
                                                                58 in Dec and still holding...
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:30:31 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:33:52 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Alright sarge,DaBunny gave you marching orders.

STFU and make a movie about a bunch of us old farts

Tell you what...you get the damn photo server fixed and I will see what I can do.  I have seriously thought about doing a skit about you and others in VN, but have been rather reluctant due to the obvious touchy nature of the subject material.  Several people have wanted me to do a Full Metal Jacket type of skit.

We shall see...but I must have the photo server!

SGatr15
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:32:50 AM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Alright sarge,DaBunny gave you marching orders.

STFU and make a movie about a bunch of us old farts

Tell you what...you get the damn photo server fixed and I will see what I can do.  I have seriously thought about doing a skit about you and others in VN, but have been rather reluctant due to the obvious touchy nature of the subject material.  Several people have wanted me to do a Full Metal Jacket type of skit.

We shall see...but I must have the photo server!

SGatr15

True......  but not until after you've finished the skit
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:18:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:06:46 AM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
RBAD needs to fix it.

Nah,not about VN.I was thinking more of NOW in our "mature" years!

561/2  

What he said !!
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:32:58 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:34:29 AM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

He was never in Vietnam. If he was he'd know that the soldiers won the battles, but the politicians managed throw it all away at the end. The correct response to that sort of provocation is "blow me, dickhead", followed by going about the rest of your business. When I encounter an obviously bogus "vet" I just ask what their MOS was. They look puzzled or claim to have forgotten. Nobody forgets their MOS.

Also ask him what's on his DD-214. Even I know about that, and I've never been in either, but grew up around lots of people who did. They could recite everything off them, knew their MOS's, their units, dates, everything. A simple question brought an automatic response, memorized, like clockwork, every time. And the info always added up. These guys NEVER hesitate when they tell you what their jobs and assignments were...unlike "Uhhh...I can't remember..." Yeah, right.

I say Mr Grey Ponytail was full of.....
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:42:18 AM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Too MANY people with contrarian opinions on wars claim they are former military - fuck him, he insulted you first.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:30:48 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
RBAD needs to fix it.

Nah,not about VN.I was thinking more of NOW in our "mature" years!

561/2  

Yeah.  Hot-rods, motorcycles, ARs, cool ladies, cold beers, maybe a game of cards, some REAL music , and grey hair too.

58 1/2+
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top