Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:38:39 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
wouldn't modifying your vette/viper completely void the warranty....I got a co worker who got an 03' dodge magnum 4x4 and he added some aftermarket 32's/rims......the dealership completely voided his warranty

technically that is illegal. they have to be able to prove that, that specific part was at fault for whatever broke.

DC has a rep for doing this. When I was a tech at a Jeep dealer, they voided a dudes warranty for having tires ONE SIZE larger than stock on a Grand Cherokee. You couldn't even tell that they were larger. His rear diff had taken a dump at 25k.

Guy was a preacher, and had bought it used 3 months before. He was bummed because it was his first new ride in 10 years. Got a lawyer, dunno if he ever got it fixed...sat in our shop for two months before he had it towed out.

Poor dude. We felt for him, but our hands were tied. Fucking BS on the part of DC IMHO.

hmmm, you may be on to something........
I am pretty sure that DC would have to be able to prove that that was the cause though.
just a thought.

Maybe so. All I know is we didn't fix it, he said he was gonna fight it. We never saw him again.

I still think it's BS on their part though, considering that a Jeep or 4x4 truck is most likely to get a set of larger tires at some point...even if it's just one size larger.

BTW, your truck is kickass.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:39:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Thanky, but it ain't even mine anymore, had to go to college.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:40:34 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
yeah, this thread is totally fucking gay. big deal, you have a shitty acura that can outrun a shitty PT cruiser. who cares, you are both idiots if you think either of them are fast.

Thank you for your thoughtful insite into this subject, this thread was not complete without it. You can always trade a shitty car in on something approved by "thetruth", but a piss poor atitude is something that a person is stuck with for life.

ahh, thank you for you input also, does this mean you drive one of the above mentioned shit mobiles?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:41:23 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah, well...there's other fish in the sea.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:43:02 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ah, well...there's other fish in the sea.

that's how i decided i was going to college, instead of driving my truck. bigger and better later on.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:43:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:43:30 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nope his PT is overweight and underpowered. Now if it was a SRT-4, it would be a different story, but it aint and his PT would see a whole lot of your tail lights.

Edited to add: Of course a modified anything if modified highly enough can beat a Vette or a Viper, but if the Vette or Viper owner were to put in a similar amount of time and effort into thier car how would the results be? I remeber several years ago when Yugos were still in production, there was a guy in Atlanta who for three thousand dollars would but a small block Chevy V8 and four speed tranny into one, how is that for fast?

We used to do that in the mid 80`s with Chevy Vegas....

Pull out the ole 4 banger, drop in a 350, auto or manual which ever you wanted, and BAM, you had better hold on tight.......
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 12:50:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll smoke ya both with my plain, stock, modest Kawasaki ZX-6.

When you run out of gas, i will drive over you.

My bike never runs out of gas. I converted it to run on the pipe dreams of liberals. It'll be running long after we're both gone. Right now I am working on a jet that runs on all the bullsh#t that is generated at sites like this...
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:58:33 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:.
15 seconds? wowwwweeeee.
whopdefuckindo.

Yeah  - that was kind of my reaction too.

Is 15 seconds supposed to be fast???

how many regular cars out there can even do 16's-yet low 17's

Uh, Honda Accord 4-door sedans will do the quarter in 16 seconds.

Listen closely - THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT.  If you want to go fast like the big kids, get some cubes under the hood.

+1000000 on that
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:11:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
wouldn't modifying your vette/viper completely void the warranty....I got a co worker who got an 03' dodge magnum 4x4 and he added some aftermarket 32's/rims......the dealership completely voided his warranty

you may want to have your buddy look up the Magnusson-Moss act, as it is illegal for the dealer to void your warranty unless they can prove what was damaged was caused by your aftermarket add ons.

PT cruisers are pretty gay, although so are ricers
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

15 seconds? wowwwweeeee.
whopdefuckindo.

Listen closely - THERE IS NO REPLACEMENT FOR DISPLACEMENT.  If you want to go fast like the big kids, get some cubes under the hood.

Typical domestic-only attitude...

Road Test: 67 GT350 vs 67 327 Corvette

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:22:18 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

15 seconds? wowwwweeeee.
whopdefuckindo.

27 year old tecnology!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:37:10 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Injection is nice, but it's better to be blown!

"This dumb guy says..." nothing 'cause by definition he can't speak.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:39:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:40:33 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
that his 2003 supercharge pt criuser will out run my stock 97' acura integra gsr...I told him that he's f*cking riduclous that his pt will even stand a chance.........he keeps baggin' on how sorry my acura is and how weak it is.....should I just smoke em'....appearantly he doesn't know that I can run 15sec passes in my stock format.

I've seen tow trucks that could tow your Acura in the 14's.....
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:41:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Does this sound like something from the movie 'Grease'???

Or 'American Graffitti' ???

MT
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:46:51 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

15 seconds? wowwwweeeee.
whopdefuckindo.

Um - wouldn't that be 37 ?  

... which makes the comparison even more silly, btw.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:51:27 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

15 seconds? wowwwweeeee.
whopdefuckindo.

hich

YA-YA long day at work and to much coffee
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 2:54:51 PM EDT
[#19]
i think most of these reply's are in response to the high school car show most of these people just attended
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:07:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:10:44 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

15 seconds? wowwwweeeee.
whopdefuckindo.

But I thought there was no replacement for displacement.

Like the woman with the 428 Cobra Jet who couldn't figure out how my 331-powered mustang was much faster than hers. "But my engine is bigger!"

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:05:00 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Like the woman with the 428 Cobra Jet who couldn't figure out how my 331-powered mustang was much faster than hers. "But my engine is bigger!"

You're completely missing the point.  Comparing 37 year-old engines to modern engines is pointless, and add NOTHING to the discussion.  

In general, a modern V8 is going to be more powerful than a souped-up modern 4-cylinder.

That said, I completely agree that a lot can be done with smaller engine, and some of them can perform incredibly well.  That's nothing new - Lotus demonstrated that decades ago, as well as other car companies.

But in general, and comparing concurrent technology, I'd think there definitely is a benefit to larger displacement.

btw - what engine is in your mustang?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:17:40 PM EDT
[#23]
My balls itch!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:32:50 PM EDT
[#24]
Does anyone else get a headache from the thought that kids these days believe they are driving Japanese hot rods?

What this country needs is a new Dodge GTX or Plymouth Superbird.  Selling for $12k!

There's a photo of a 1970 GTX in here -www.musclecarclub.com/musclecars/plymouth-gtx/plymouth-gtx-history.shtml- what a car!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:43:52 PM EDT
[#25]
What are you 12?

Nothing makes me laugh more than two guy's arguing over who's car is better, faster, cooler.

WHO GIVES A CRAP
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:48:14 PM EDT
[#26]
Gotta love the diesels. mtechgunman, surely you have links to some 7500lb crew cab 4x4's powered by Cummins running low 11's????
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:51:52 PM EDT
[#27]
I smoke kids in these cars with my work van. Mercedes inline 5 cylinder turbo diesel, in a Sprinter van. light to light, I kill them in a cargo van.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 7:53:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Impressive power in those diesels. Guy smoking the 35" tires in a banks equipped F250
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:41:53 PM EDT
[#29]
Well, this was a question about small/compact cars with 4 cylinders... not about ALL cars.  Coming in and talking about American muscle cars when someone's asking the question that was asked is like someone asking about a .270 for a good deer rifle, and some bozo coming in saying a .50BMG is more powerful.  Well DUH.   That's apples to oranges, fellas.  

So comparing apples to apples...  I think the GSR, stock, would run near 15 seconds in the 1320.  A stock PT Cruiser... something like 17+.  Supercharged, it would still take quite a bit of tweaking to get it sub-15 second.   Depending on the GSR's mods, it might be close.

To a lot of naysayers out there... I've seen video of a tuned up turbocharged Civic that could ALMOST keep up with a Dodge Viper.   That little Civic could give ANY American muscle car a run for it's money.  

Yeah, there are lots of little 'ricers' out there with all kinds of sloppy shit on import cars... but there are a few serious tuners out there that will make them crazy fast.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:47:47 PM EDT
[#30]
I was write over 3 pages.

My car ran in the 14s last time, with a messed up air intake and a load of stuff in the backseat adn trunk.  Havent tried it since but I expect it will do well.

I stopped throwing money at the car, Now I buy guns.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:17:35 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

My bike never runs out of gas. I converted it to run on the pipe dreams of liberals. It'll be running long after we're both gone. Right now I am working on a jet that runs on all the bullsh#t that is generated at sites like this...

Thanks for the funniest thing I've read in at least a month.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:22:59 PM EDT
[#32]
Here get this it will take him

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=91&t=228835
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:31:12 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
that his 2003 supercharge pt criuser will out run my stock 97' acura integra gsr...I told him that he's f*cking riduclous that his pt will even stand a chance.........he keeps baggin' on how sorry my acura is and how weak it is.....should I just smoke em'....appearantly he doesn't know that I can run 15sec passes in my stock format.

Wow, 15 seconds... that is so incredibly smokin fast, you should go race the jet fuel funny cars, I bet you can win.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 9:33:14 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You're completely missing the point.  Comparing 37 year-old engines to modern engines is pointless, and add NOTHING to the discussion.  

In general, a modern V8 is going to be more powerful than a souped-up modern 4-cylinder.

That said, I completely agree that a lot can be done with smaller engine, and some of them can perform incredibly well.  That's nothing new - Lotus demonstrated that decades ago, as well as other car companies.

But in general, and comparing concurrent technology, I'd think there definitely is a benefit to larger displacement.

302 .030 over and stroked 1/4", so it's a 331.
AFR 185 heads, performer RPM intake, carter AFB. Bottom end is all forged and can withstand 28lbs of boost.
Can't remember exact cam specs, but here's a video of it idling.

right click, save target as

duh

Also, I was just talking about the "bigger is better" thing, I of all people know what you can really do with a V8.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:50:54 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Well, this was a question about small/compact cars with 4 cylinders... not about ALL cars.  Coming in and talking about American muscle cars when someone's asking the question that was asked is like someone asking about a .270 for a good deer rifle, and some bozo coming in saying a .50BMG is more powerful.  Well DUH.   That's apples to oranges, fellas.  

So comparing apples to apples...  I think the GSR, stock, would run near 15 seconds in the 1320.  A stock PT Cruiser... something like 17+.  Supercharged, it would still take quite a bit of tweaking to get it sub-15 second.   Depending on the GSR's mods, it might be close.

To a lot of naysayers out there... I've seen video of a tuned up turbocharged Civic that could ALMOST keep up with a Dodge Viper.   That little Civic could give ANY American muscle car a run for it's money.  

Yeah, there are lots of little 'ricers' out there with all kinds of sloppy shit on import cars... but there are a few serious tuners out there that will make them crazy fast.  

about time somebody caught on to my thoughts.........I'm not trying to say that my 15sec e/t is rocket fast....these guys are talking about things that they see on the streets...99%  of those ricers don't know jack about building up a crazy fast import...they simply add loud ugly looking mufflers and stickers to their imports and think that they're fast----makes the 7sec import tuners look dumb because all these people wants to go fast like them but don't know how to do it properly
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:04:32 PM EDT
[#36]
tag cause i like reading car posts
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:09:03 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

AFR 185 heads, performer RPM intake, carter AFB. Bottom end is all forged and can withstand 28lbs of boost.

duh

Also, I was just talking about the "bigger is better" thing, I of all people know what you can really do with a V8.

You must have a bitchin' cam in that goddamned thing.  
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:17:15 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

duh

You must have a bitchin' cam in that goddamned thing.  

Thanks. I love Mopars BTW.

This one had a crazy idle, too.

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:39:03 PM EDT
[#39]
15"s ......

Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:41:04 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:
15"s ......

can your 97' purple 2dr neon even come close
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:43:09 PM EDT
[#41]
this thread is based on apples to apples...

these guys are pairing apples to oranges to mango's to grapefruits to pineapples etc....

WTF!!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:44:21 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

these guys are pairing apples to oranges to mango's to grapefruits to pineapples etc....

WTF!!

Where do you stop calling it a fair comparison?

What do you consider fair in this case?
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:45:25 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Quoted:

WTF!!

Where do you stop calling it a fair comparison?

What do you consider fair in this case?

I believe the intent was to compare similar 4-cylinder automobiles, imported or not, and their modifications.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:48:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Well if were are keeping it in the 4Cly I quess Im not into that.  I had one Honda my parents wanted me to get.  So I got it to get them to leave me alone, didnt drive it for the 2 months then sold it and got me a Crown Vic.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:53:42 PM EDT
[#45]
how to be fair.......I'm not talking about your full blown v8 that'll run 11's 12's and smoke my bone stock acura and the turtle Pt C.  I know that already....you can't make fun of something that's not up to par......ie...slapping on a factory colt AR w/20" barrel/peepsights/shooting junk ammo when you sport an Ar/match trigger/20'bull flattop-free floated /over a.r.m.s. mounts on a leupy mk4 LR scope/ with custom handloads
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:56:35 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Well if were are keeping it in the 4Cly I quess Im not into that.  I had one Honda my parents wanted me to get.  So I got it to get them to leave me alone, didnt drive it for the 2 months then sold it and got me a Crown Vic.

so you get a crown vic huh....this is my point....my acura can do circles around your crwn vic on the freeway....so what....doesn't mean the vic suck
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:57:47 PM EDT
[#47]
So do you consider comparing it to my Trans Am that needs a cam and carb or my slightly modified Impala fair?

I got my custom body kits on both too (AKA wrecked)
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:59:30 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

so you get a crown vic huh....this is my point....my acura can do circles around your crwn vic on the freeway....so what....doesn't mean the vic suck

I got rid of the Crown Vic was a decent car for its size and how it was setup.  It took some abuse and stood up to it great.

I wouldnt try it off the line but topend was decent, on my 92 the 97 I got later was kinda slack.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:02:59 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
So do you consider comparing it to my Trans Am that needs a cam and carb or my slightly modified Impala fair?

I got my custom body kits on both too (AKA wrecked)

my old version gsr wouldn't be up to par with the trans yet-but close....but it can easily be paired with a modded impala.....the acura Rsx-r would be the canidate for  you trans...should give you a run for the money
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 12:05:25 AM EDT
[#50]
I consider my Impala to have better power and speed then the TA at the moment.

One day Im going to finish fixing the TA but for now its able to be driver, and the brakes work nearly too damn good.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top