Quoted:

Quoted:
war is an ugly thing

+1

+1

As John Wayne said, "call the tune you pay the piper."
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:47:39 AM EDT
[#3]
"Long, dark months of trials and tribulations lie before us. Not only great dangers, but many more misfortunes, many shortcomings, many mistakes, many disappointments will surely be our lot. Death and sorrow will be the companions of our journey, hardship our garment, consistency and valor our only shield. We must be united, we must stand undaunted, we must be inflexible." --Winston Churchill, October 8, 1940
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:23:34 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Vito113
Andy,
You got a large pic of the first one in your thread w/ the (6) captions?
too small...

I've blown this one up for you, the bigger ones have drooped out of circulation…

He was a Palestinian journalist, Mazen al-Tomaizi, who worked for the pan-Arab TV news station Al-Arabiya and the Saudi TV station Al-Ekhbariya… his lasts words on camera were "I'm going to die! I'm going to die!" that was probably the most factual and accurate report he ever gave.

The red marks in frame 5 are his blood…

Andy
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:30:20 AM EDT
[#5]
War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. The decayed and degraded state of moral and patriotic feeling which thinks that nothing is worth war is much worse. The person who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing which is more important than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature and has no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself.

John Stuart Mill
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:35:29 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Vito113
Andy,
too small...

I've blown this one up for you, the bigger ones have drooped out of circulation…

He was a Palestinian journalist, Mazen al-Tomaizi, who worked for the pan-Arab TV news station Al-Arabiya and the Saudi TV station Al-Ekhbariya… his lasts words on camera were "I'm going to die! I'm going to die!" that was probably the most factual and accurate report he ever gave.

img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/macandy/mazen14.jpg

Andy

Will anyone actually miss him?  Good riddance I say.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:38:28 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Vito113
Andy,
too small...

Andy

Will anyone actually miss him?  Good riddance I say.

Everyone is somebody's son or daughter, so yes, someone will miss him.

But nobody over here will.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:40:17 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Everyone is somebody's son or daughter, so yes, someone will miss him.

But nobody over here will.

Not entirely true.  Many Middle Easterners kill their children and wives over trivial matters.  they do not have the same regard for life and self preservation as us civilized species.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:41:54 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
You dance, you die.

'So let it be written, so let it be done.' ~ Rameses (Yul Brynner), Ten Commandments,  1956

Eric The(MovieBuff)Hun

Thanks ETH.  I love that quote!

I too have conflicting feelings about these deaths.  Did they deserve to die?  Absolutely!  I'm just sad that they sold themselves to an evil master.  They are God's children too, though they don't act like it.

ETA:  I still believe that over a thousand of them should die for every one of ours they hurt.

"But, as many as received Him, to them He gave the right to become children of God, even to those who believe in His name" John 1:12

Not all are His children...

But, on a side note...Won't the soldier be in trouble for mowing down unarmed people? What are the ROE? Is dancing on a vehicle a capital (or is it capitol?) offense? It should be...Just like when the Pali's throw rocks at the Israeli soldiers...

I'm a firm believer of what I see in the pics, don't get me wrong..But, that question about the Rules of Engagement popped up in my head and I thought I would ask...

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:42:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Vito113
Andy,
too small...

He was a Palestinian journalist, Mazen al-Tomaizi, who worked for the pan-Arab TV news station Al-Arabiya and the Saudi TV station Al-Ekhbariya… his lasts words on camera were "I'm going to die! I'm going to die!" that was probably the most factual and accurate report he ever gave. href=img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/macandy/mazen14.jpg

Andy

Andy where did you get your signature or quote from?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:44:48 AM EDT
[#11]
I'm impressed by the street being properly designed to carry water (and blood in this case) to the curb.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:45:10 AM EDT
[#12]
YAAAAAAAAAAY ,DEAD BAD GUYS!!!!!! Much rather see them than dead good guys!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:09:07 AM EDT
[#13]

Well, call me inhumane, but it doesn't bother me in the least bit. I've got friends over there that risk their lives to  help those people.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:40:27 AM EDT
[#14]
Life is a bitch....

Keep up the good work...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:43:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Fuck them all. They wanted to play. We just play harder...
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:50:29 AM EDT
[#16]
DAMN!

If you call down the thunder don't be surprised when you get hit by lighting... -Yojimbo 10/4
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#17]
Pfffft...

It looks like hajii lost the Dance Dance Revolution tournament.

No pity for any of those people. If you ask me, they got off easy; some of them actually survived. An infantry company sweeping across that objective would have left NO survivors.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:07:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I think that any sentiment of sadness or pity for a bunch of fucking Towel Heads that were celebrating the destory and possible killing of U.S. Troops is weakness. Those bastards tried to kill the men inside and don't tell me that the "by-standers" were so naive (in a war zone) as to hang around after a U.S. vehicle had been destroyed. They were there because they were ready for there "10 seconds in the sun"... they were proud that they had destroyed an American vehicle.

So I say too fucking bad that they got fucked up when the SHTF. More power to the soldiers that did that.... it's a lesson that we will not be toyed with. Those individuals were not the "bulk" of Iraq, they were just a group of dissident insurgents trying to be a "mouse that roared". They got fucked up... I don't feel too bad about it. Maybe they received the message.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:09:46 AM EDT
[#19]
Dance, die.

I hope word got around.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:24:18 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
..... They wanted to play. We just play harder...

+1

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:29:06 AM EDT
[#21]
+1
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:34:06 AM EDT
[#22]
HAHAHAHHAHA a couple less rags to worry about
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Vito113
Andy,
too small...

Andy

Thanks Andy
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:37:55 AM EDT
[#24]
[the patriot] stupid boy. [/the patriot]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:38:07 AM EDT
[#25]
As far as ROE goes, the vehicles contain controlled pieces of cryptographic devices. Those can't be lost to anyone outside our forces.  They have to be destroyed ASAP if its lost. The folks dancing and celebrating just happened to be there when we destroyed OUR equiptment.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 11:47:40 AM EDT
[#26]
They like to blow our guys up with IEDs/suicide bombers.  See how they like it.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#27]
They got what was comin... we don't dance on their blown up shit...

We do, however, love the pics!

- BG
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:30:29 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
As far as ROE goes, the vehicles contain controlled pieces of cryptographic devices. Those can't be lost to anyone outside our forces.  They have to be destroyed ASAP if its lost. The folks dancing and celebrating just happened to be there when we destroyed OUR equiptment.

[Doctor Evil]What a happy coincidence[/Dr Evil]
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:30:52 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/macandy/51293476.jpg
Yeah I know they are dirty bastards, but this pic kind of gets yo you. I wouldn't be human if it didn't

fuck the fucker!

+1,000,000,000,000
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:32:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Andy where did you get your signature or quote from?

It's a send up of the Koran… I thought it was pretty cool…

"Quran (9:11) -- For it is written that a son of Arabia would awaken a fearsome Eagle. The wrath of the Eagle would be felt throughout the lands of Allah and lo, while some of the people trembled in despair still more rejoiced; for the wrath of the Eagle cleansed the lands of Allah; and there was peace."

www.snopes.com/politics/war/quran.asp

ANdy
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:39:01 PM EDT
[#31]
Maybe a handful of them were innocent, but like my father always told me-
Guilt By Association !!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:48:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Those people are so stupid, they can't seem to figure out that the sooner there is peace, the sooner the "occupiers" will be gone.  If they would simply worry about rebuilding their country and help flush out the terrorists, the evil foreigners would be out in no time.  All this violence is brought on by themselves.  I feel no pity for them.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:33:40 PM EDT
[#33]

Those people are so stupid, they can't seem to figure out that the sooner there is peace, the sooner the "occupiers" will be gone. If they would simply worry about rebuilding their country and help flush out the terrorists, the evil foreigners would be out in no time.

This would be the logical thing to do but there are those who don't want the US to be able to leave.  They want to fight because they actually believe they can win.  

If Iraq falls into the hands of the Islma-faciasts then they will have won.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:50:13 PM EDT
[#34]

Taggage.

Bigfeet
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:08:16 PM EDT
[#35]
That quote from the Qu'ran or Koran is incorrect. I looked it up because I had seen that in many places and it is found no where in 9:11 nor anywhere else in the Koran.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:12:13 PM EDT
[#36]
more where that came from...set to music no less

war footage/videos

try it now
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:13:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

war footage/videos

The page cannot be displayed..........WHITE PAGE
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:14:39 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
That is terrible.

Quoted:
Don't look they are dancing in the streets over harm to Americans anymore. ---

That's a hell of a thing to say. They are just kids. I thought we were suppose to be helping these people... isn't that the justification for this war now.... its keeps changing so maybe I could be wrong.

If they pickup a weapon they become fucking targets.   just becuase there isn't any weapons in the photo doesn't mean there wasn't minutes before hand.  

Also they do not care for peace.  The insurgents mainly are from other countries that came to fight US they could give a damn about the civ's in iraq.

The Sumartra raid was proof.  A good number of the captured are from Egypt and Somolia.  These are alqieda the do not care about the value of the peoples lives and will perpulosly put them in the cross fire for the arab media.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:28:37 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
That quote from the Qu'ran or Koran is incorrect. I looked it up because I had seen that in many places and it is found no where in 9:11 nor anywhere else in the Koran.

I KNOW!!!!!… as I posted (with a link to snopes.com)…it's a 'send up',  a 'joke', a 'spoof' …

ANdy
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:32:55 PM EDT
[#40]
tagged to show my pro-arab friends!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 3:53:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Can I get some video with Neil Diamond singing in the background, "We'll be dancin', dancin' in the streets..."
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:43:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Look Here :

www.killsometime.com

It is pretty cool

lots of other funny stuff there also
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:07:57 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

war footage/videos

try it now

Wanna know where the tax dollars are goin in the war on terror???

Wanna know if you are getting a bang for your buck???

Click the above and see it.

Tagged.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:16:51 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

Quoted:
img.photobucket.com/albums/v133/macandy/51293476.jpg
Yeah I know they are dirty bastards, but this pic kind of gets yo you. I wouldn't be human if it didn't

... Cheering on and encouraging the death of my fellow Countrymen numbs any remaining iota of pity I may have ever had for this guy.

... He should have been running as fast as he could away from the attacked Bradley. He chose to stay and dance.

I could not have said it better.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:30:25 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Damn,

That blew his flip-flops clean off. (not to mention a limb or two)

NOTE: I have not seen any footage of people dancing aroung burned out US APCs and tanks since then... hrmmmmm?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 5:35:41 PM EDT
[#46]
you pays your money, you takes your chances.

F*** them and the Kerry they rode in on.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:03:36 PM EDT
[#47]
You mess with the bull ... you get the horn.

But then ... that's just the Texas way of looking at it.

Remember the Alamo.

http://adoptasniper.org/themovie.htm
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#48]
WOW!! This is the best damn thread I've seen in a long time. I'm tired of sorting thru crap about faggots & dogs pissing on the neighbor's roses. This is what the hell OUR KIDS OR PERHAPS YOU, YOURSELF FACES EVERY DAY!!!

Have you softies forgotten 9/11? Go to the 9/11 memorial pages and "refresh " your memory. The damn Trade Ctr almost killed my Buddies sister when it fell. I work with a guy who then had just moved to Phx. from NYC. His wife had been burned oner 22% of her body. It would have been her last week of work prior moving to Phx. My nephew's best friend aboard the USS. Shreeveport transfered to the Pentagon (nephew went to Great Lakes) was killed there. A guy I knew( a sports car road racer friend) went down on the plane in Pa. IT'S TOO CLOSE FOR ME.

My son's best friend was just discharged from the Marines after serving 4 years. He did the Liberation of Iraq & 2 more tours there. The last one in , please forgive the spelling, Falluja.
He said the first guy he killed there, all he could see in his mind was the image of the Towers falling. They appeared on the sides of his front sight. 3 rounds later, one dead Hadji & he thought "PAY BACKS A BITCH, MOUTHERFUCKER"! On his last tour there, he had 4 Hummvves blown out from under him. Came home without a scratch.

Yep, those are mighty good photos to me. You have to stand up & fight for what you believe in. I'm an old guy now. I'm Viet Nam era. I'd Still like to get me some of those fucks.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:09:36 PM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:
That is terrible.

Quoted:
Don't look they are dancing in the streets over harm to Americans anymore. --- hr

That's a hell of a thing to say. They are just kids. I thought we were suppose to be helping these people... isn't that the justification for this war now.... its keeps changing so maybe I could be wrong.

yep your wrong, or maybe you just need to realize something...............

WE AIN'T FRANCE so put down the cheese!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:26:49 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
WOW!! This is the best damn thread I've seen in a long time. I'm tired of sorting thru crap about faggots & dogs pissing on the neighbor's roses. This is what the hell OUR KIDS OR PERHAPS YOU, YOURSELF FACES EVERY DAY!!!

Have you softies forgotten 9/11? Go to the 9/11 memorial pages and "refresh " your memory. The damn Trade Ctr almost killed my Buddies sister when it fell. I work with a guy who then had just moved to Phx. from NYC. His wife had been burned oner 22% of her body. It would have been her last week of work prior moving to Phx. My nephew's best friend aboard the USS. Shreeveport transfered to the Pentagon (nephew went to Great Lakes) was killed there. A guy I knew( a sports car road racer friend) went down on the plane in Pa. IT'S TOO CLOSE FOR ME.

My son's best friend was just discharged from the Marines after serving 4 years. He did the Liberation of Iraq & 2 more tours there. The last one in , please forgive the spelling, Falluja.
He said the first guy he killed there, all he could see in his mind was the image of the Towers falling. They appeared on the sides of his front sight. 3 rounds later, one dead Hadji & he thought "PAY BACKS A BITCH, MOUTHERFUCKER"! On his last tour there, he had 4 Hummvves blown out from under him. Came home without a scratch.

Yep, those are mighty good photos to me. You have to stand up & fight for what you believe in. I'm an old guy now. I'm Viet Nam era. I'd Still like to get me some of those fucks.

+1 and one helluva AMEN! Mother fuckers got what was coming to them.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top