Site Notices
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:23:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 6:27:04 PM EDT
[#2]
With my car? About 10-15 MPH.

With my friend's 1987 Camero V8? As fast as I damn well please, since no Crown Vic is going to catch up with it on the road.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:03:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I had my 2003 Hyundai Accent up to 116 mph once, after remembering the tires are about the size of my wrist, I keep it down to 85 mph until I get to the hwy.
M
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:18:26 PM EDT
[#4]
For a few days last summer I drove a consistent 17mph over the speed limit on the highways of San Antonio.

You see, I have a 1970 Buick that has a little knob in the center of the speedometer. The device originally could be turned to set off an alarm if you passed a certain speed, but it has long since been out of operation. However, if you don't keep the knob all the way left, it readjusts the speedometer to read, at 65mph, 17mph slower than you're really going. I don't know why.

My car had been a the mechanics for some work, and the mechanic thought he could play a joke on me by turning that knob all the way to the right. I only found out when I commented to my dad that all the cars in San Antonio seemed to be going slower lately....he then showed me the trick.

I didn't see a cop the whole time.

Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:30:43 PM EDT
[#5]
I live in ATL area and I have been drive about 65~70+ on I-75/85 without any problems. (speed limit is 55 mph)

Since everyone goes at this speed, no cops seem to care. The most important thing is you go with the flow. I know in my driver's license manual it says you must not go over speed limit even if the flow is faster but I generally think it is better for everyone to go at similar speeds.
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 7:36:57 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
How far above the speed limit do you think you can go without getting stopped for speeding?

Dtive by the cop & be ignored: 5mph city, 10mph on the freeway...

Drive 'normally' on the freeway, so long as you slow for speed traps? 15mph...

Above 15mph, thye will go out of their way to catch you...
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#7]
I had a friend of mine driving old Hyw 66 at 65 and there were ten cars running ahead of him doing faster speeds,the Hp pulls him over and asks Do you know why I pulled you over?

Bobby Becker tells him hell yes because you were too chicken shit to pull over the other ten people ahead of me that were really speeding!

The HWP trooper looks his stuff over and gives him a warning,cause what he said was the truth!!

A man in the right sometimes says it just like it is!!!

And the Man knows it!!

Bob
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 9:08:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Around 10 MPH here, I had just gotten a car and had not put a tag on it (was legal) they got my for 65 in a 45 when I was doing 40.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top